• Show
Clear All

• YES BITCH!

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/18/a...tw-nytimesarts

Madonna Is Still Taking Chances

Comment

• The CRAVE remix is everything.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Any reported setlist change? Setlist.fm didn't update yet.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Very little from tonight's show on Twitter. Nothing that I've seen.

Comment

• I do respect her decision to ban phones from the show. Because it creates a much better atmosphere and allows people to have a much better experience.

However, it's kind of boring to follow the tour for the people who missed out or cannot make it.
              So on the one hand I would love for more artists to do this, but on the other hand I don't...

I think the setlist is great btw.
              And this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of the Madame X album.
              I just admire the fact that she gives proper album tours and isn't just relying on her hits being a legacy touring act.
              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                I do respect her decision to ban phones from the show. Because it creates a much better atmosphere and allows people to have a much better experience.

However, it's kind of boring to follow the tour for the people who missed out or cannot make it.
                So on the one hand I would love for more artists to do this, but on the other hand I don't...
                She's gonna make a video, you can bet on it. Hopefully she won't butcher it with editing again.

Comment

• I love the fact she banned phones from the show. I hope she'll continue this in Europe too and that other artists follow this.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                    She's gonna make a video, you can bet on it. Hopefully she won't butcher it with editing again.
                    Of course she will... The lack of phones will also allow her to have more control over what's shown to "the world" on video. However, I do hope she plans to have a deal with Netflix or Apple (please, not Amazon again!) to have this on a streaming service. She can also release the DVD/CD anyway too for hardcore fans.
                    A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                      I love the fact she banned phones from the show. I hope she'll continue this in Europe too and that other artists follow this.
                      I'll be mad if she doesn't Yondr the phones in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        Hopefully she won't butcher it with editing again.
                        Praying the Good Lord for that!!

Comment

• I've just finished listening to the low quality audio recording of the opening night. I think it's interesting to view this as more of a work in progress than a completely finished show. The comedy (which I didn't care for) and interaction with the audience make it less structured than the typical highly rehearsed, performance driven show that we're used to getting from Madonna from opening night through to the end date. I think the visuals and on stage persona from M herself probably put this into a greater context. I hope we get a professional recording.

Some more comments:

Vocally she sounded strong. Her voice on 'Extreme Occident' is particularly fantastic;

The reworkings of her back catalogue material are great. I loved the Jazzy 'Human Nature' and the Fado interpretation of 'Frozen';

The entire second Fado section sounds tremendous, with 'Batuka' and 'Killers' in particular sounding like they came to life on stage. 'Come Alive' also sounded amazing, though that song has always been a Madame X highlight and I hope it grows on her fanbase as they see the show;

The break in 'I Don't Search I Find' is brilliant;

The first two acts sound like they're probably more reliant on production value;

I'm glad she gave us new interpretations of 'Crave' and 'Future'. I prefer the album versions of both, though it was refreshing to hear some reworkings of even the Madame X songs. The new verse on 'Future' is good and the song benefits from the omission of Quavo;

Interesting that she did the album version of 'I Rise'. I maintain the point of view that sonically it doesn't pack the punch to close out the show, though she added an outro and it probably needs to be seen visually to fully appreciate it.
                          Last edited by Yoshie; Thu September 19, 2019, 17:44.

Comment

• Im so mad right now. I have been trying to upgrade my seats since Saturday. I called Ticketmaster and they tell me that because I bought through the lottery that my tickets were sold through Tickets Today. So I called them and they are closed on the weekends. So I wait till Monday and call back. They say they have to get permission to upgrade the tickets from the tour promoter. So they put in a request and tell me it should take no more then 24 hours. Well 72 hour later they till havent answered so I call back and they tell me my request has been denied because there are no upgrades allowed for Madonna tickets. So now im stuck with two MEZZANINE tickets that I payed over $1,100 Total for while they have seats open 5 rows from the stage for the same price. I swear ill never do a Madonna presale again. First and last time.

Sorry just needed to vent lol.

Comment

• So I wonder if Madonna Will sing express yourself every night or if it's something different at every show

Comment

• madonna
                                3 shows into Madame ❌ and Ive enjoyed every minute of this intimate experience! I ♥️ Looking into the audience and not seeing Iphone’s and cameras flashing but instead-eyes, smiles and happy human faces. However I am mystified and confused by some people who insist on sneaking in second cameras and disregarding my request to not record the show. This request is common at all Broadway shows, dance concerts, stand up Comedy and the Opera. People who ignore my request are not allowing themselves to enjoy The show completely but also show a lack of respect and consideration for my wishes. If you can’t live without your phone for 2 hours-this Experience is not for you. ������♥️❌��. #liveinthemoment #bam #madamex
                                https://www.instagram.com/p/B2mlobsB..._web_copy_link (bonus : she's singing Crazy)
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Im not surprised. The person that filmed the Frozen clip tagged Madonna and Lourdes on Instagram. How disrespectful could you be to tag Madonna in video she specifically asked not to be recorded. Even if she would have found out eventually tagging her was unnecessary.

Comment

• ^ Thanks for posting Key9481

I share every single M words!!

Comment

• I thought I was about to buy 2 tickets for Lisbon until I realised their balcony section is super weird and I have to buy all the 6 places of it and can’t only choose 2 Disappointed ... AGAIN

Comment

• Somehow I don't care much about this tour even though I like the album.
                                        I find it stupid not to allow phones or recorders. I'm not a big fan of phones but at the same time I can't imagine myself paying north of 100 euro without even being able to snap some pictures. A rip off and a further confirmation that I did a good thing by not buying any tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                          Im so mad right now. I have been trying to upgrade my seats since Saturday. I called Ticketmaster and they tell me that because I bought through the lottery that my tickets were sold through Tickets Today. So I called them and they are closed on the weekends. So I wait till Monday and call back. They say they have to get permission to upgrade the tickets from the tour promoter. So they put in a request and tell me it should take no more then 24 hours. Well 72 hour later they till havent answered so I call back and they tell me my request has been denied because there are no upgrades allowed for Madonna tickets. So now im stuck with two MEZZANINE tickets that I payed over $1,100 Total for while they have seats open 5 rows from the stage for the same price. I swear ill never do a Madonna presale again. First and last time.

Sorry just needed to vent lol.
                                          That sucks and I’m sorry that happened to you.

I learned my lesson too. (I should’ve known better from previous tours. Presales were effective and great up until Confessions tour. Maybe even for S&S I must say. Everything after that it is best to just wait for regular sales because more shows always open up or tickets get reduced by people reselling. Friends went to see Rebel Heart for under a hundred bucks for seats I paid upwards of $400 for.

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                            I can't imagine myself paying north of 100 euro without even being able to snap some pictures.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                              madonna
                                              3 shows into Madame ❌ and Ive enjoyed every minute of this intimate experience! I ♥️ Looking into the audience and not seeing Iphone’s and cameras flashing but instead-eyes, smiles and happy human faces. However I am mystified and confused by some people who insist on sneaking in second cameras and disregarding my request to not record the show. This request is common at all Broadway shows, dance concerts, stand up Comedy and the Opera. People who ignore my request are not allowing themselves to enjoy The show completely but also show a lack of respect and consideration for my wishes. If you can’t live without your phone for 2 hours-this Experience is not for you. ������♥️❌��. #liveinthemoment #bam #madamex
                                              https://www.instagram.com/p/B2mlobsB..._web_copy_link (bonus : she's singing Crazy)
                                              With the risk of sounding a bit too acerbic, I wonder whether she will personally refund ticket prices since Ticketmaster or their subsidiary pre sale company won’t?

Comment

• Not sure how to post tweets here... sorry not sorry.

Here’s Andy Cohen talking about last night’s show and how Madonna confronted him about how he once said Paris Hilton’s song was better than Medellin. He doesn’t remember saying that. Ha ha. He paid $500 for the Polaroid last night.

https://twitter.com/HodaAndJenna/sta...687752192?s=20

Comment

• I just noticed this.. this means every show will have $10 tickets!

MADAME X TOUR - NYC - SEPT 19
                                                  September 18, 2019
                                                  Iconers!
                                                  Madame X is… performing in NYC tomorrow night! If you don’t have tickets to the show but will be in town tomorrow, let Madame X know by e-mailing us at madamex@madonna.com before 4p EST today with your Icon registered email address and a cool selfie of you forming an “X" with your fingers. Also, don't forget to use "Madame X Tour - NYC - Sept 19" as your email's subject line.

We will randomly select photos and post them online!

Please note that the submitted picture must be 100KB maximum. One submission per member please.

It’s time to celebrate Madame X, so let’s join the fun!!

Comment

• Third sold out night.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X