• A fantastic Instagram with photos from the tour:

https://www.instagram.com/madamextourgallery

Comment

• Detox from Ru Paul's Drag Race bought the polaroid last night for $4000
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Los Angeles opening night CANCELED. ffs

Comment

• The curse of opening nights continues, I don't blame Madonna, i blame those responsible for logistics when it comes to stage set up and transporting stage equipment, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
            The curse of opening nights continues, I don't blame Madonna, i blame those responsible for logistics when it comes to stage set up and transporting stage equipment, etc.
            I don't want to sound like a hater, but I feel this might have more to do with lower than expected sales. They might be hoping that people who were going to attend the cancelled nights will buy tickets for other nights, which are still plentiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
              Los Angeles opening night CANCELED. ffs
              This is beyond ridiculous now. Everyone planning to attend this show should be afraid of further cancellations (myself included), wtf!
              “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by traherne89 View Post
                I don't want to sound like a hater, but I feel this might have more to do with lower than expected sales. They might be hoping that people who were going to attend the cancelled nights will buy tickets for other nights, which are still plentiful.
                I don't know...why cancel the first show that went on sale and is possibly sold out.

Comment

• WARNING:

Her “knee” will be bothering the next dates:

Oct 27, Oct 28, Nov 17, Nov 24, Nov 25, Dec 2, Dec 10, Dec 21, Dec 22, and some London dates.

You’ll see.

Comment

I don't know...why cancel the first show that went on sale and is possibly sold out.
                    So they can blame it on production delays and save face. And as I said most people will buy tickets for other nights anyway. Of course I could be wrong, but the stage for this tour doesn't look terribly sophisticated, it's hard to imagine they are having trouble moving and setting it up.

Comment

WARNING:

Oct 27, Oct 28, Nov 17, Nov 24, Nov 25, Dec 2, Dec 10, Dec 21, Dec 22, and some London dates.

You’ll see.
                      If so many dates will be cancelled, it'll be awful for the fans.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

WARNING:

You’ll see.
                        Why do you say this?

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Originally posted by music126 View Post
                          Why do you say this?
                          I'm guessing those are the dates with the most tickets available. I remember seeing Oct 27th I believe and it was indeed shocking.

That said, there's no reason to cancel this many dates. Cancelling one, maybe 2 per city if sales are really bad.

Madonna needs to go on Jimmy Fallon or something on her day off to let people know she's on tour, but I guess she isn't terribly bothered. It's weird, really.

Comment

• She's making millions with those hardcore fans who are going to multiple shows... Same people front row over and over again. Maybe that's why she doesn't bother to promote? I don't understand why those fans are not angrier... This is beyond disrespectful. And what a complete turn off for casual pop fans who might be interested in seeing her live... first the humongous ticket prices, now this? This whole era keeps getting stranger and stranger... Madonna refuses to be held accountable for anything. Disappointed.
                            “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                              Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                              She's making millions with those hardcore fans who are going to multiple shows... Same people front row over and over again. Maybe that's why she doesn't bother to promote? I don't understand why those fans are not angrier... This is beyond disrespectful. And what a complete turn off for casual pop fans who might be interested in seeing her live... first the humongous ticket prices, now this? This whole era keeps getting stranger and stranger... Madonna refuses to be held accountable for anything. Disappointed.
                              I remember her talking about how Guy Oseary kept giving her a hard time about being late every night and she almost seemed to think it was funny. Hardcore fans might be willing to put up with that, but more casual fans were bound to be pissed off, and this is the result. And if she now gets a reputation for cancelling dates and drastically reducing prices close to the show, it's only going to be worse next time.

It's so frustrating because she has an amazing album and every single review for the tour has been glowing with praise. This era should be going more smoothly.

Comment

• If she needed the money she'd be more into it. I feel like she does it because she still likes to perform, only somewhere down the road she lost the perception that she's there to perform for fans it seems. Shame. Hopefully my trip to Paris won't be in vain
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• 9/17/2019
                                  10/12/2019
                                  16 Show(s)
                                  Madonna
                                  BAM Howard Gilman Opera House
                                  Brooklyn, NY
                                  31,401 (100%)
                                  50 - 757
                                  $9,631,760
                                  Live Nation

$601,985 avg. Gross
                                  1,963 avg. Tickets Sold
                                  $306.73 avg. Ticket Price

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• only Queen

Comment

• Wow

Comment

• I was expecting slightly bigger grosses. Closer to 900,000$, but ok, this is still strong.

Comment

• Madonna Gets $10 Million Start on Madame X Tour With Brooklyn Theater Shows

10/23/2019 by Eric Frankenberg

After touring arenas and stadiums for much of the last four decades, Madonna is experimenting with a new format for her live shows, playing mini-residencies in theaters around the world.

The Madame X Tour kicked off with a sold-out 16-show run at Brooklyn’s Howard Gilman Opera House (the theater is one of many facilities at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music). Averaging less than 2,000 seats per night, Madonna played to intimate audiences over the span of a month. According to figures reported to Billboard Boxscore, the shows combined to gross $9.6 million and sold 31,401 tickets.

Broken out by month, Madonna’s nine shows in September grossed $5.5 million (17,708 tickets), followed by seven shows from Oct. 1-12 that earned $4.1 million (13,693 tickets). That averages out to $601,985 and 1,963 tickets per show

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...brooklyn-shows
                                            Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Washingtonian25 View Post
                                              I was expecting slightly bigger grosses. Closer to 900,000$, but ok, this is still strong.
                                              Closer to what? 10 million? If so, its only off 400,000????

Comment

• Prob the two canceled nights

Comment

• Originally posted by traherne89 View Post
                                                  I'm guessing those are the dates with the most tickets available. I remember seeing Oct 27th I believe and it was indeed shocking.
                                                  27 and 28 Oct look like this right now:

And it's only 3/4 days away…
                                                  Don't know if she'll cancel or give away tickets. But I guess she won't perform to venues half empty.

The thing is the other day, a few pages back, when I posted a recap of the tickets sold/left for Chicago shows, the 27 Oct show was this bad, with 1,572 tickets left, but the 28 Oct had "only" 438 tickets left, when now it looks like that. It seems lots of tickets were not available then and now they are, or there have been lots of refunds or something…

Comment

Closer to what? 10 million? If so, its only off 400,000????
                                                    $900,000 per show is what I think he meant.

Which is a ludicrously high expectation to have,

Comment

• The dates will proceed
                                                      Last edited by X .; Wed October 30th, 2019, 14:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                        $900,000 per show is what I think he meant.

Which is a ludicrously high expectation to have,
                                                        Well, several fans in here posted back in May when the tickets went on sale they expected the tour to have $1.5-2 million average gross per night (some even mentioned more than that), about $600 average ticket price and the tour to surpass $100 million overall. (According to this Billboard article it could gross $50-60 million).

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...brooklyn-shows

So, yes, many people expectations were extremely high/unrealistic and they’ll feel disappointed with these great numbers.

Comment

• I hope she performs in half empty venues so she can finally learn her lesson.

Comment

Those two dates smell like imminent cancellation. oops I mean her “knee”.
                                                            Literally the only shows she canceled so far were the first shows in each city. Some of the shows with most tickets sold.
                                                            The exception to that was for one show only that didn't even have a lot of tickets to sell and was indeed due to a knee injury. Plenty of pictures in her instagram from rehearsals with her leg clearly damaged. That claim that she's faking an injury makes no sense.
                                                            "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• [MENTION=19930]nympho[/MENTION] I tried to argue with math back then, but some people still thought she could do $200m with this tour.

Oh, and while you're dealing lessons [MENTION=35926]Westen[/MENTION], you should learn a few first.
                                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Working...
                                                              X