Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Someone on Mtribe wrote that there's only one stage this time around and she has to work with theatre unions or something like that to build/tear down the stages and she has to work with the venue's stage crew, this would mean less men to work with, that's why there are production delays between the cities.
    You know, that actually makes a lot of sense.

Still, you'd think most people who were going to the cancelled show would buy tickets for the 27th/28th. It's weird that those dates still look like that.

Comment

• Wow that's really bad... She certainly overestimated the demand and what people would pay to see her.
      “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• The 27th and 28th sales are very very bad. Ouch and ouch.

Comment

• Don't worry! In the end all the shows will get sold out

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
            Wow that's really bad... She certainly overestimated the demand and what people would pay to see her.
            How is it bad? During the Rebel Heart shows she was grossing a bit over 1 million in some dates with 12k people. Now she's grossing over 600k with a venue with 2k people.

People need to adjust expectations about a theater tour. Numbers will never be the same as an arena tour and no one is counting on that. Not even them for sure.
            "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• She played one arena date in Chicago for the Rebel Heart tour. With the Madame X tour, she's playing the equivalent of 2. Dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues View Post
                How is it bad? During the Rebel Heart shows she was grossing a bit over 1 million in some dates with 12k people. Now she's grossing over 600k with a venue with 2k people.

People need to adjust expectations about a theater tour. Numbers will never be the same as an arena tour and no one is counting on that. Not even them for sure.
                The reported grosses look good. Great, actually. If this is what the numbers will look like when all is said and done, the tour will be a success. It's the half empty dates we are talking about. They added at least two dates too many in some cities. Which is annoying because she could have done a few sold-out shows in Italy, Spain or Germany instead.

Comment

• Since nobody’s really crazy about the setlist and she said it’s a work in progress, she might as well think about few changes. It’s super expensive, yes she is getting good reviews, fans like it a lot, but nobody is really over the moon, mainly because the setlist lacks something. There are songs from her catalogue that would fit this narrative.

Comment

• Only one day left and approx 50% of the tickets on the 27th and 28th are still unsold 😲😲

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
                      Only one day left and approx 50% of the tickets on the 27th and 28th are still unsold ����
                      This kinda serves her right for charging so much - you can charge what you like if you're Barbra Streisand and only tour once every now and then but Madonna tours pretty much every album.

The grosses thus far are very impressive, and I've no doubt that they will continue to be, but I never thought I'd see the day when Madonna struggled to sell-out a theater.

Comment

• They should upgrade everyone’s tickets for today and Monday and bring everyone to main floor and fill up all of the empty seats. Then close the upper level with black curtains. It’d be fair. Specially for the 28th people whose date got postponed from the beginning. What a treat that’d be.

Comment

• This could be quite embarrassing if media outlets report this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                            This kinda serves her right for charging so much - you can charge what you like if you're Barbra Streisand and only tour once every now and then but Madonna tours pretty much every album.

The grosses thus far are very impressive, and I've no doubt that they will continue to be, but I never thought I'd see the day when Madonna struggled to sell-out a theater.
                            She is playing 7 dates which equals 2 arena show in the city..... but with pretty crazy prices.....it’s not like she is struggling to sell out a single date !!

Comment

• September 17-28, 2019
                              Howard Gilman Opera House, New York City
                              17,708 (100%)
                              $5,509,990
                              (9 shows)

$612,221 average gross and 1,968 average attendance.

October 1-12, 2019
                              Howard Gilman Opera House, New York City
                              13,693 (100%)
                              $4,121,768
                              (7 shows)

$588,824 average gross and 1,956 average attendance.

Comment

Only one day left and approx 50% of the tickets on the 27th and 28th are still unsold ����
                                Hopefully these dates look a little bit better today? We might get a cancellation otherwise
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Washingtonian25 View Post
                                  Since nobody’s really crazy about the setlist and she said it’s a work in progress, she might as well think about few changes. It’s super expensive, yes she is getting good reviews, fans like it a lot, but nobody is really over the moon, mainly because the setlist lacks something. There are songs from her catalogue that would fit this narrative.
                                  A lot of people are "over the moon" for this tour. Going multiple times and buying tickets the day of just because they wanted to experience it again. I went to the show and out of the 4 times I have seen Madonna this was by far my favorite. Ive gone from every tour from S&S to now. None of the other shows brought me this much emotion. Rebel Heart being the closest. The setlist works perfectly if you go to the show. The only song that I think could change is Future. As the last section is long and she just sits at the piano.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                    As the last section is long and she just sits at the piano.
                                    Knee needs a rest.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Only one day left and approx 50% of the tickets on the 27th and 28th are still unsold 😲😲

While I'm sure she will sell many tickets for these dates today and tomorrow, people here are acting like Madonna must not perform if she doesn't sell 100% of the tickets,and even suggesting that is better to cancel than performing in a not sold-out theater...guys, it happens to other artists all the time ! Even Celine Dion , who is an amazing tour act nowadays , there were some Vegas dates , performed in theaters, that didn't sell out. Heck, Madonna in her prime during the BA tour days there were stadium dates in Europe cancelled 'cause the demand was not there, and yeah I know that had to say more about people uncomfortable with her sexual performances that were controversial at the time but it happened. If she was struggling to sell every single date it would be a problem, but she just had an amazing run in NY, most future dates sold well enough, some are already concerned about the London dates that will be performed just in 2020! Calm down guys. Madonna might perform in a half empty theater tonight and tomorrow and life will go on.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        Knee needs a rest.
                                        Then play a good song... lol. Looking For Mercy would have been better.

Comment

• Originally posted by locoporti View Post
                                          Madonna in her prime during the BA tour days there were stadium dates in Europe cancelled 'cause the demand was not there.
                                          Yes, they even cancelled a show in Rome due to poor tickets demand, BAT was broadcasted just like WTG and had a 6m audience vs 14m for the former. TIC barely cracked the Italian top10 and press started with that “Madonna’s ovah” litany that has yet to stop (she was over with Erotica, with BTS, etc etc). But she’s still here.
                                          "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                                            Yes, they even cancelled a show in Rome due to poor tickets demand, BAT was broadcasted just like WTG and had a 6m audience vs 14m for the former. TIC barely cracked the Italian top10 and press started with that “Madonna’s ovah” litany that has yet to stop (she was over with Erotica, with BTS, etc etc). But she’s still here.
                                            BAT rate was of 4 mil to be correct..... I still remember.

Comment

• I have front row balcony tonight because I'm with my mom, so I wouldn't want to be moved to the main floor. My mom wont be able to stand and I want her to be able to see the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by music126 View Post
                                                I have front row balcony tonight because I'm with my mom, so I wouldn't want to be moved to the main floor. My mom wont be able to stand and I want her to be able to see the show.
                                                They wont move anyone. The tickets are now at least 85% sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                  They wont move anyone. The tickets are now at least 85% sold.
                                                  Well, there were 1,028 tickets available less than three hours ago when I checked... with basically the majority of main floor available full of blue spots on Ticketmaster.
                                                  Now it says only 395 tickets available and most of the main floor is not available…

I highly doubt 633 tickets were sold in 2 hours all of a sudden.

Some people said here there were giveaway tickets to fill some NY shows... and I guess the same will happen with today and tomorrow's shows.

Comment

• From a person who attended last night's show (I asked about how many seats were empty):

There were a bunch that sold super quickly. I checked the map at like 12 and there were a TON of open spots, and then I checked an hour before the show and there was soooo many taken spots everywhere. It got close to selling out, but I don't think it did 100%.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X