No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night FINALLY was my show in Miami!!!!

The show is simply spectacular. The FADO CLUB is visually stunning and the entrance by the batuqueiras makes the whole theatre shake. The show feels exactly what she wants: INTIMATE, personal, close, unique. It was my first time seeing her and after watching years and years of fully energized DVD performances, this felt so different and GOOD.

The audience went crazy with Frozen and the disco section of the end. The guy who paid the Polaroid seems to be a friend of her from Portugal, offered only $2K and will pay the rest in Lisbon (is the guy who introduced her to the Portuguese musical scene).
    The beer bitch was a Cuban Doctor who works in a Cancer treatment clinic, it was hilarious because she told her wife before asking for his occupation “if doesn’t have a good job I will make you divorce him” hahaha. She did make the Trump d!cks joke and lots of Fück Trump chants happened.

If you still do t have your ticket, grab whatever you can because I’m telling you right now: I can see all mainstream pop stars embarking on theater tours pretty soon. The experience is hell of a kind.
    Last edited by X .; Wed December 18th, 2019, 17:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
      Last night FINALLY was my show in Miami!!!!

The show is simply spectacular. The FADO CLUB is visually stunning and the entrance by the batuqueiras makes the whole theatre shake. The show feels exactly what she wants: INTIMATE, personal, close, unique. It was my first time seeing her and after watching years and years of fully energized DVD performances, this felt so different and GOOD.

The audience went crazy with Frozen and the disco section of the end. The guy who paid the Polaroid seems to be a friend of her from Portugal, offered only $2K and will pay the rest in Lisbon (is the guy who introduced her to the Portuguese musical scene).
      The beer bitch was a Cuban Doctor who works in a Cancer treatment clinic, it was hilarious because she told her wife before asking for his occupation “if doesn’t have a good job I will make you divorce him” hahaha. She did make the Trump d!cks joke and lots of Fück Trump chants happened.

If you still do t have your ticket, grab whatever you can because I’m telling you right now: I can see all mainstream pop stars embarking on theater tours pretty soon. The experience is hell of a kind.
      Glad u enjoy it.

Reading your review made me more impatient to attend the show

Comment

• I bought tickets to all 7 Miami shows. I went to the opening night this past Saturday, center front row of Orchestra. It was close to the stage but not close enough. I didn't mind because I had three front-row shows coming up, and I figured I'd get a better look at the visuals. They were very impressive, especially from the further vantage point.

The weather was odd that day. It was a hot, muggy day (business as usual); but the evening cooled down nicely. As I sipped my sugar-free Red Bull & Ketel One and sang along to Who's That Girl with the pre-show band, I actually enjoyed the warmth. Once the show started and the bodies were packed in, the heat and lack of circulation created a noxious fog of nauseating human scents. I suspect my fellow showgoers did not arrive fresh as I from an hour-long toilette, including a cloud-like mist of Jo Malone (and a flawless Marc Jacobs waterproof tightline, but I digress); rather they must have been trawling the streets of Sobe all day, drinking and sweating.

Needless to say, this was very distracting from the show. Who could blame the "a/c" chanters in the Mezzanine? God knows how bad it smelled up there. I do not blame Madonna, as the temperature, were it not for the concert revelers' overall hygiene issues, was conducive to the quality of her comfort. M told the beer bitch he was sweatier than she was, but she hugged him anyway (he seemed like a very nice man).

Another issue (again, not M's fault), was the blaring sound quality from the speakers which made her sound like a chipmunk on a loudspeaker at times. I envy those who saw MX at Caesar's, where the plush carpeting and harmonious construction to Celine Dion's exacting standards, must have provided the sonic justice worthy of M.

I honestly could not wait to escape and made a beeline for the exit around Like a Prayer; I just could not bear the thought of getting jammed in the exit. By the time I got home around 2-ish (M would be disappointed to learn I live in Ft. Lauderdale), I just did not feel like I had the stamina to do this another 6 rounds. I promptly sold my two pit tickets (Sun & Tues shows) and an Orchestra seat further back (Wed show), which I got stuck with due to the horrible lottery program. I retained my three front row tickets (Thurs, and the final Sat/Sun). Live Nation was savvy to not let scalpers profit from this, as I practically had to give away my unwanted tickets on Stubhub.

But it's not all doom and gloom. I went to my first front-row show last night. I thought not having people in front of me, it might not smell as bad. I was wrong. But I kept sticking my nose in my shirt for a calming inhalation of Red Roses + Wood Sage & Sea Salt. When the cigarettes were lit during IDSIF, the wonderful tobacco scent provided another brief respite from the b.o. But the most pleasurable distraction to my olfactory woes was Madonna herself, just inches away from me. This radiant vision felt surreal, almost like she was a hologram.

I had the great fortune of being nearly dead center, where her staff photographer was bivouacked. The polaroid went to "Rachel" for $5K. This happened right in front of me, so I was able to eye-f*ck M's MDNA-drenched skin. I tried to reap some of the rose mist benefits myself when her Crave dancer sprayed it at the audience.

The beer bitch was "Pete," a chiropractor from the disdained Ft. Lauderdale, who was summarily dismissed by the queen for not knowing the "fort" was for massacring native "Indians" in the 1800s. (She didn't say all that, but you knew she was thinking it.) Sitting next to me was a Republican family that initially asked me if Material Girl and LAV were going to be on. I said no, not a lot of old songs, but she does Frozen. They thought I meant like the Disney cartoon. To their credit, they didn't up and leave during the pro-choice Papa Don't Preach; but were troopers and stayed till the end.

Actually, *I* snuck out early (again, but made it through I Rise this time) and my exit to the lobby coincided with the sweet young dancing girls (not sure if they were part of the Batukadeiras?). Naturally being chivalrous, I let them exit first accompanied by my solo standing ovation. Now these girls are so not jaded, they actually stopped and said thank you with the most genuine smiles as I clapped for them. And that attitude in a nutshell is the beauty of this show; getting past all the trivial distractions this is Madonna at her most sincere, innocent and unguarded.

This show is her love letter to humanity. Politicians and CEOs think they rule the world. But with her performances, Madonna changes the *vibration* of our collective energy for the better. Her resplendent costumes, velveteen vocals (think RIT, but perhaps even better) and well-paced choreography were the icing on the cake for the true accomplishment: she opened her heart to Miami.

Looking forward to the weekend shows...
        Last edited by alexiscolby; Sat December 21st, 2019, 23:25.

Comment

• ^This was a true joy to read!
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
            I bought tickets to all 7 Miami shows. .
            If I had THAT MUCH money, I’d go only 6 and 1/2 shows and use that 1/2 show money to give it to charity. I guess You are a fan and Madonna is in need of money to support her starving family.

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
              If I had THAT MUCH money, I’d go only 6 and 1/2 shows and use that 1/2 show money to give it to charity. I guess You are a fan and Madonna is in need of money to support her starving family.
              How he spends his money is NONE of your business
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Seeing a concert you absolutely enjoy multiple times is the best thing ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  How he spends his money is NONE of your business
                  Well, it’s also NONE of your business to answer me on his behalf. Get a life maybe?

Comment

Well, it’s also NONE of your business to answer me on his behalf. Get a life maybe?
                    As you should. It's rude to comment on someone's finances.
                    When we lose what we love
                    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                    When we lose what we love
                    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• U r rude. Whether he spends his money on something of madonna or not, u have no right to tell him to give charity. Why dont you do it yourself then ??
                      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Alexis congrats on your m experience
                        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Thank you guys! I will let you know how tonight and tomorrow go as well!

Comment

I’ve always been fascinated by the Madonna fans who attend to multiple of her shows. A bit too much IMO. Back in 2012 I attended her shows in London and Medellin and I met an Aussie guy who had been to ALL of her shows during the MDNA Tour... In 2015 I also briefly ran into the Russian woman who released that “Like a Prayer” film... she’s seriously loaded... and obsessed. I feel this tour is full of those loyal/obsessive and rich fans going front row to almost every show. This tour is especially designed for them anyway. Most casual fans wouldn’t pay the ticket prices for this tour...
                            “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• There was an English guy ("Dennis") that I briefly chatted with at a Miami show. He saw MXT in Brooklyn, LA, Vegas, now Miami and will be seeing her in London & Paris. Now that is dedication to the arts!

Comment

• There are some members on Tribe that are attending 40 shows
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• She was in a bad mood Sat nite, in a lot of pain. Sunday cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
                                    She was in a bad mood Sat nite, in a lot of pain. Sunday cancelled.
                                    Wow she treats fans like garbage these days

Comment

She cancelled because she was in pain. That equates to treating fans like garbage? I swear people dont think before they post sometimes.

Comment

• Knees are tricky. If she's not careful, she could be looking at knee issues for the rest of her life.

Comment

Have u other things to do other than troll M threads ?

Comment

If someone is in lots of pain and calls in to cancel to work, is it that the employee treats work like garbage? I think you should work and respect your employer and work 365 days even if u feel sick.

Comment

• I’m really sorry her health issues haven’t improved, but seriously, this tour has been a disaster! So many cancellations!
                                              “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• So many dates in a tight itinerary within a short period of time at her age. Her health is not holding up. Live nation should reschedule her tour.

Comment

• She wanted to close the tour before April. It
                                                  takes only 6 months to close a tour. I think should expand the tour to april or may between each date to give more rest. That's the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                                    She wanted to close the tour before April. It
                                                    takes only 6 months to close a tour. I think should expand the tour to april or may between each date to give more rest. That's the start.
                                                    Btw she has 3 weeks to rest before the European leg, hope she can recover properly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                                      She wanted to close the tour before April. It
                                                      I think it also has to do with costs. People working on the tour need to be paid for the downtime between dates or they'll look for other jobs - you can't just tell people you're extending the tour by 6 weeks but they are still getting paid the same they were promised under the original schedule. There's also the question of availability of venues. If you start putting huge gaps between dates things can get expensive to the point where financially it doesn't make sense to tour anymore, especially when you're playing small venues.

I hope she can finish the tour and we get a professional recording out of this, because I don't see her touring any time soon. And when she does, she'll have an even harder time selling tickets now that ahe's getting a reputation for cancelling dates, even if it's obviously not her fault. The inexplicable late starts are already taking their toll and a lot of fans are mad ticket prices are being heavily discounted on the day of the concerts, which will probably make people wary of rushing to buy tickets next time.

Comment

• This tour ruined her reputation bit time. She might sell out some arenas but she'll never be able to sell out stadiums ever again, even with a GH tour.
                                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^Pls. General audiences don't even know about MXT.
                                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                            This tour ruined her reputation bit time. She might sell out some arenas but she'll never be able to sell out stadiums ever again, even with a GH tour.
                                                            Talk about being overdramatic.

I don't think she will be able to sell out stadiums like she used to, but that has nothing to do with the Madame X Tour.
                                                            Happened way before that.
                                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                              Talk about being overdramatic.
                                                              Are we surprised though?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X