Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post

What is even worse is that if that is indeed the plan (cancelling some of the shows), then why can't they be upfront about that and cancel now so that we can all be prepared? Ugh.
    U re always moaning and complaining, good Lord......

3 songs were cut off ( a total of 20 minutes from a 2 hours and half show
    .it’s not like she took the stage for 30 minutes and left. And btw fans who attended, reading comments here and there, they were enthusiastic about the performance anyway.

speaking of future cancellation I can instead understand what’s your feelings, but it is what it is, and everyone is aware of that, it doesn’t sounds as a surprise. The injury is there and is a serious issue, and from what we’ve been hearing from her mouth she is going on day by day, she can’t predict how she will feel in the future days, she is trying to respect the schedules, but it’s up to the doctor and her body the last word: I know it’s frustrating but it is what it is.

as someone else said this has become The Russian Roulette Tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
      But they're not schizophrenic in edit where you can literally see all changes in a couple of seconds. And there was no reason to do that because everything is already overprocessed with effects (slow, fast, filters, etc.) that the excuse isn't they went with a better take.

So did she cut the set because she was late so she would finish before the curfew or because this is the new set? If it's the first one then it's terribly irresponsible as she has made it clear she's aware of the curfew, if it's the second one and she did it to make the show easier on her then I can get with that.
      Her team told some fans during backstage tour that those songs will be cut because of her injury.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Edit: nevermind.
        Last edited by BodyShop; Fri January 31st, 2020, 15:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Her team told some fans during backstage tour that those songs will be cut because of her injury.
          Convenient for her that she likes to start late and she has a curfew where she has to fit the show though

I honestly don't think cutting 20 min off the show is THAT helpful to her condition.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Another amazing review of the show: Tracey Thorn (EBTG) is the author of the article

Learning to love Madonna

You don’t go to Madonna for vulnerability: she is all about self-determination, pleasure and defiance.

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...g-love-madonna

Comment

• And there were also other songs she could've cut, not GC which is one of the clear fan favorites from MX.

Comment

Convenient for her that she likes to start late and she has a curfew where she has to fit the show though

I honestly don't think cutting 20 min off the show is THAT helpful to her condition.
                Maybe those songs require choreography that she can't do with so much pain?
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Maybe those songs require choreography that she can't do with so much pain?
                  Could be, but there are other songs where she goes up and down the stairs and stairs are the worse for your knees. That's a common knowledge tbh. She didn't cut those. And cutting first two songs... I mean, you have a tour opening all specially designed and then you cut it and skip it? I don't know how to feel about it.

Comment

Last night show being a back to back date I was actually surprised she didn’t cancel .

she really is risking too much going on with this tour

wonder if she’ll ever recover !!

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/B7_el08B...=1cygp1o9fvogq
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Feb 4 and 11 cancelled !!

Comment

• Did the Lissabon shows that were filmed have all songs? I hope so because of the DVD
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                            Did the Lissabon shows that were filmed have all songs? I hope so because of the DVD
                            Yes

Comment

• At least they are cancelling in advance.

Comment

• It’s refreshing to see her being upfront, honest and human.
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• here’s M words.....

don’t know why Instagram post don’t show up here

A note to all my fans:
                                  As you all know i have multiple injuries and have had to cancel shows to give me time to recover.
                                  So as not to surprise you i want to let you know ahead of time that I will be cancelling 2 shows- on Feb 4 and Feb 11th at the Palladium in London. because doing 3 shows in a row is too much on my body and in fact my doctors insist i take a day off after every show but i believe can manage if i do 2 shows then I rest!
                                  Its a miracle i have gotten this far but a-lot has to do with the fact that i do 6 hours of re-hab every day. 3 hours before show and 3 after with multiple therapies. I have also switched to flat shoes and modified difficult. parts of the show. This has helped enormously but i still need to be careful and of course rest is the best medicine.
                                  Of course i never want to cancel any show and Im determined that i will make it to the end if i pace myself.
                                  God Willing Refunds will be automatically issued to the credit card on which tickets were ordered.

I appreciate your understanding and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you!! Madame ❌ . #madamextheatre #thelondonpalladium

Comment

• I wish they decided which shows they were doing in Paris too. Now I don't know if she's gonna do 2 back to back shows and cancel my date or do show, take a day free, then my date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                                      Did the Lissabon shows that were filmed have all songs? I hope so because of the DVD
                                      If I remember Papa Dont Preach was not sung. It was only first verse and chorus though.

Comment

I wish they decided which shows they were doing in Paris too. Now I don't know if she's gonna do 2 back to back shows and cancel my date or do show, take a day free, then my date.
                                        Finger crossed for you

I fear this could be her last tour !

Comment

I wish they decided which shows they were doing in Paris too. Now I don't know if she's gonna do 2 back to back shows and cancel my date or do show, take a day free, then my date.
                                          Our date is 3rd one which will probably be cancelled
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Our date is 3rd one which will probably be cancelled
                                            Fingers crossed the middle one gets canceled!

Comment

• Also it's funny considering this tour had a lottery for tickets, that it's basically lottery now if your show is going to be canceled or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                Oh a fortune teller here
                                                Did I lie sweetie? Feb 11 cancelled.

Comment

Another amazing review of the show: Tracey Thorn (EBTG) is the author of the article

Learning to love Madonna

You don’t go to Madonna for vulnerability: she is all about self-determination, pleasure and defiance.

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...g-love-madonna
                                                  ❤️❤️❤️ love the review

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

If I remember Papa Dont Preach was not sung. It was only first verse and chorus though.
                                                    Oh ok :( well better than nothing.
                                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

But was PDP supposed to be played in full Or just few lines like EY?

Comment

• I was in doubt but still decided to purchase a ticket for Paris show last week

there were very few tickets left for Paris show, but managed to get a good seat in the Orchestra section anyway

Haven’t booked a flight or hotel: that will be a last minute thing seeing how things are going on

so again playing Madame X Russian roulette.....frustrating tbh

Comment

I meant she didnt sing it at all in Lisbon (someone can correct me if I am wrong). It was only the first verse and chorus she sang for the US.

Comment

Only first verse and chorus and she sang 'I'm not keeping my baby '
                                                            Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

• Madonna: Will Gompertz reviews the star's show at the London Palladium ★★★★★

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51320857

Another 5 star review

Comment

Working...
                                                              X