No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Madame X “show” is described in this article as a “beautiful failure’ (review from one of the Philadelphia shows):

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/...view-madame-x/
    Last edited by madfan13; Thu December 12th, 2019, 14:09.
    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Philly show are done, now bring it to Miami...... and than finally Europe

CAN’T WAIT!!!
      “Madonna fans are the worst !!”

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
        The Madame X “show” is described in this article as a “beautiful failure’ (review from one of the Philadelphia shows):

“I’d say that a start time of 10:30 p.m. — including for midweek performances — for an artist whose main fan base isn’t exactly the age of the Billie Eilish set can’t help morale or ticket sales”

This is one of the most ageist (both towards Madonna and her fans) thing I’ve ever read.
        When will “journalist” stop depicting us (over 40 Madonna fans) as old, digitally illiterates who listen to music from gramophones and go to sleep at 9pm after a sherry brandy and two tablets of valium?
        "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• I think the writer is a trump supporter as she is mad.
          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Im 26 years old. I may not be as young as Billie Eislish but I can stay up later then 9pm. The journalist obviously just wanted a greatest hits show. Anything else and that journalist was going to give a bad score.

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
              The Madame X “show” is described in this article as a “beautiful failure’ (review from one of the Philadelphia shows):

She wasn’t wrong 👍🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
                She wasn’t wrong ����
                Did you go to the show?

Comment

• I’m so done with all of the “ageist” thing. Come on, Madonna is an old woman so what? Just accept it. Cher is a dinosaur and she doesn’t make such fuss about it.
                  Last edited by X .; Fri December 13th, 2019, 19:22.

Comment

• “Madonna fans are the worst !!”

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
                      I’m so done with all of the “ageist” thing. Come on, Madonna is an old woman so what? Just accept it. Cher is a dinosaur and she doesn’t make such fuss about it.
                      But no one in this thread said Madonna wasnt old? The article implied that Madonnas "aging" fanbase doesnt want to be up past 10pm. Thats where the issue is. Like 40+ year old are not going to buy tickets to her show because they are in bed before it starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                        But no one in this thread said Madonna wasnt old? The article implied that Madonnas "aging" fanbase doesnt want to be up past 10pm. Thats where the issue is. Like 40+ year old are not going to buy tickets to her show because they are in bed before it starts.
                        + when press will “attack” Rolling Stones or other artists’ fanbases in the same way they mock Madonna’s it would not be ageism and sexism anymore.
                        I mean, the Who just released a new album and they were on course for a UK no.1 after 50 years and I haven’t read ONE article about Townshend’s or Daltrey’s age, or about the Who’s fanbase made of octogenarians who buy an album in 1970 and another one in 2020. Because they are not.
                        Last edited by Shadowplay; Sat December 14th, 2019, 14:39.

Comment

• You guys think Maluma will join her in Miami?
                          Last edited by X .; Sat December 14th, 2019, 18:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                            + when press will “attack” Rolling Stones or other artists’ fanbases in the same way they mock Madonna’s it would not be ageism and sexism anymore.
                            I mean, the Who just released a new album and they were on course for a UK no.1 after 50 years and I haven’t read ONE article about Townshend’s or Daltrey’s age, or about the Who’s fanbase made of octogenarians who buy an album in 1970 and another one in 2020. Because they are not.
                            How many articles about The Who have you read?
                            I only read one, it wasn't even about them per se but about this week's UK chart and sales however it explicitly mentions not only the age of The Who members but also of Rod Stewart:

Stewart was already the second oldest male soloist (behind Paul Simon) to have a No.1 of new material, being 73 when his most recent studio album, Blood Red Roses, topped the chart in October 2018. However, You’re In My Heart comprises predominantly of vintage Stewart vocals wedded to new RPO backings, with the exception of new track Stop Loving Her Today and Robbie Williams duet It Takes Two, so whether or not we should crown him, at 74 years and 11 months as oldest male solo artist to have a new No.1 album, passing the 74 years and eight months mark set by Simon’s Stranger To Stranger in 2016, is a moot point.

You’re In My Heart’s success sees Williams’ own album, The Christmas Present, relegated to No.2 (44,065 sales), while veteran group The Who’s eponymous first album for 13 years, debuts at No.3 (43,511 sales). The Who were ahead on the first four of the week’s sales flashes, but were unable to hang on for what would have been only their second No.1, more than 48 years after the first, 1971’s Who’s Next. It is their first album of new material since Endlesswire, which debuted and peaked at No.9 (26,949 sales) in 2006, and although other musicians were used in its creation, The Who now comprise, effectively, just lead singer Roger Daltrey, 75, and guitarist/vocalist Pete Townshend, 74.

I really don't get why you are so oversensitive here. In most cases the older people get, the sooner they go to bed. Surely it's not true for everyone but in general that's the pattern so what's offensive in criticising a veteran act for starting a show very late by stating that most of her fans are no longer in the "party age"? Nobody attacked or mocked anyone. Gosh, relax a bit!

Comment

• ^Excuse me? I am relaxed, going to bed (at midnight on a Saturday night, but I think I could stay awake longer If I had to go to a Madonna concert), no need to write essays with chapters and quotations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                                agreed , male artists are in general treated as Veterans and the wording they use is almost never really insulting even when mentioning their age when they sometimes break records -due to old age for example- and M is treated as... well, we all know what they say (and mostly I might add as clickbait since she still drives masses of people's opinions online too, both from fans and non fans )

Comment

• ^Yes... “The 61yo material girl, who (rest of the arricle)”.

Comment

• Besides barking at one another what else is there to this site? I don’t understand why everyone can’t get along and interact like grown adults. It’s okay to agree to disagree. The show starts late; that’s the start time. Since when do we now explore human biology and render elders going to bed early. If you go see a show in Vegas you are up until the wee hours because nobody goes to bed after. You head out. This place makes me SMH and I see why so many people have stayed away. It’s sad. Anyways, Madonna in Miami was on fire.

I also have a new appreciation to the cadence and setlist:

I also made a couple of connections tonight that I never noticed before:

1. When she says “**** it!” at the end of American Life, she “closes the door” on America and begins her journey around the world to find peace and culture.

2. She begins the show in a disco, becomes disengaged with America, ends up discovering destruction during Future with the Amazon burning, and comes full circle back to the NYC disco scene in Crave.

Credit goes to Shaun over at madonnanation.com

Comment

• Op-Ed: Madonna puts on the greatest concert by a female artist in 2019

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/entert...#ixzz68CcujHG5

Comment

• Best Live Shows of 2019: Billboard Staff Picks

Madonna
                                        Madame X Tour

She might’ve taken the stage fairly late each night during her Madame X residency at the Brooklyn Academy of Music this fall, but when she did, as at the Sept. 19 show, Madonna treated fans to a highly personal spectacle that was thoughtful, campy and impossibly irresistible. The opening number, Madame X’s lush disco standout “God Control,” turned the focus from national mythology to personal history, demonstrating exactly where Madonna found her freedom -- on the sweaty floors of New York City discotheques in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s -- and how she sees it, quite literally, under fire (the gunshot-punctuated musical odyssey explicitly nods to the 2016 Pulse massacre). And whether she was busting out the delirious electro-bop “American Life” or sliding in a cool jazz take on “Human Nature” (complete with a spread eagle that would put Veronica and Charlie to shame), Madonna graced us with several rarely performed gems from her iconic catalog. -- JOE LYNCH

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                          Best Live Shows of 2019

Comment

• Last night FINALLY was my show in Miami!!!!

The show is simply spectacular. The FADO CLUB is visually stunning and the entrance by the batuqueiras makes the whole theatre shake. The show feels exactly what she wants: INTIMATE, personal, close, unique. It was my first time seeing her and after watching years and years of fully energized DVD performances, this felt so different and GOOD.

The audience went crazy with Frozen and the disco section of the end. The guy who paid the Polaroid seems to be a friend of her from Portugal, offered only $2K and will pay the rest in Lisbon (is the guy who introduced her to the Portuguese musical scene).
                                            The beer bitch was a Cuban Doctor who works in a Cancer treatment clinic, it was hilarious because she told her wife before asking for his occupation “if doesn’t have a good job I will make you divorce him” hahaha. She did make the Trump d!cks joke and lots of Fück Trump chants happened.

If you still do t have your ticket, grab whatever you can because I’m telling you right now: I can see all mainstream pop stars embarking on theater tours pretty soon. The experience is hell of a kind.
                                            Last edited by X .; Wed December 18th, 2019, 17:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
                                              Last night FINALLY was my show in Miami!!!!

The show is simply spectacular. The FADO CLUB is visually stunning and the entrance by the batuqueiras makes the whole theatre shake. The show feels exactly what she wants: INTIMATE, personal, close, unique. It was my first time seeing her and after watching years and years of fully energized DVD performances, this felt so different and GOOD.

The audience went crazy with Frozen and the disco section of the end. The guy who paid the Polaroid seems to be a friend of her from Portugal, offered only $2K and will pay the rest in Lisbon (is the guy who introduced her to the Portuguese musical scene).
                                              The beer bitch was a Cuban Doctor who works in a Cancer treatment clinic, it was hilarious because she told her wife before asking for his occupation “if doesn’t have a good job I will make you divorce him” hahaha. She did make the Trump d!cks joke and lots of Fück Trump chants happened.

If you still do t have your ticket, grab whatever you can because I’m telling you right now: I can see all mainstream pop stars embarking on theater tours pretty soon. The experience is hell of a kind.
                                              Glad u enjoy it.

Reading your review made me more impatient to attend the show

Comment

• I bought tickets to all 7 Miami shows. I went to the opening night this past Saturday, center front row of Orchestra. It was close to the stage but not close enough. I didn't mind because I had three front-row shows coming up, and I figured I'd get a better look at the visuals. They were very impressive, especially from the further vantage point.

The weather was odd that day. It was a hot, muggy day (business as usual); but the evening cooled down nicely. As I sipped my sugar-free Red Bull & Ketel One and sang along to Who's That Girl with the pre-show band, I actually enjoyed the warmth. Once the show started and the bodies were packed in, the heat and lack of circulation created a noxious fog of nauseating human scents. I suspect my fellow showgoers did not arrive fresh as I from an hour-long toilette, including a cloud-like mist of Jo Malone (and a flawless Marc Jacobs waterproof tightline, but I digress); rather they must have been trawling the streets of Sobe all day, drinking and sweating.

Needless to say, this was very distracting from the show. Who could blame the "a/c" chanters in the Mezzanine? God knows how bad it smelled up there. I do not blame Madonna, as the temperature, were it not for the concert revelers' overall hygiene issues, was conducive to the quality of her comfort. M told the beer bitch he was sweatier than she was, but she hugged him anyway (he seemed like a very nice man).

Another issue (again, not M's fault), was the blaring sound quality from the speakers which made her sound like a chipmunk on a loudspeaker at times. I envy those who saw MX at Caesar's, where the plush carpeting and harmonious construction to Celine Dion's exacting standards, must have provided the sonic justice worthy of M.

I honestly could not wait to escape and made a beeline for the exit around Like a Prayer; I just could not bear the thought of getting jammed in the exit. By the time I got home around 2-ish (M would be disappointed to learn I live in Ft. Lauderdale), I just did not feel like I had the stamina to do this another 6 rounds. I promptly sold my two pit tickets (Sun & Tues shows) and an Orchestra seat further back (Wed show), which I got stuck with due to the horrible lottery program. I retained my three front row tickets (Thurs, and the final Sat/Sun). Live Nation was savvy to not let scalpers profit from this, as I practically had to give away my unwanted tickets on Stubhub.

But it's not all doom and gloom. I went to my first front-row show last night. I thought not having people in front of me, it might not smell as bad. I was wrong. But I kept sticking my nose in my shirt for a calming inhalation of Red Roses + Wood Sage & Sea Salt. When the cigarettes were lit during IDSIF, the wonderful tobacco scent provided another brief respite from the b.o. But the most pleasurable distraction to my olfactory woes was Madonna herself, just inches away from me. This radiant vision felt surreal, almost like she was a hologram.

I had the great fortune of being nearly dead center, where her staff photographer was bivouacked. The polaroid went to "Rachel" for $5K. This happened right in front of me, so I was able to eye-f*ck M's MDNA-drenched skin. I tried to reap some of the rose mist benefits myself when her Crave dancer sprayed it at the audience.

The beer bitch was "Pete," a chiropractor from the disdained Ft. Lauderdale, who was summarily dismissed by the queen for not knowing the "fort" was for massacring native "Indians" in the 1800s. (She didn't say all that, but you knew she was thinking it.) Sitting next to me was a Republican family that initially asked me if Material Girl and LAV were going to be on. I said no, not a lot of old songs, but she does Frozen. They thought I meant like the Disney cartoon. To their credit, they didn't up and leave during the pro-choice Papa Don't Preach; but were troopers and stayed till the end.

Actually, *I* snuck out early (again, but made it through I Rise this time) and my exit to the lobby coincided with the sweet young dancing girls (not sure if they were part of the Batukadeiras?). Naturally being chivalrous, I let them exit first accompanied by my solo standing ovation. Now these girls are so not jaded, they actually stopped and said thank you with the most genuine smiles as I clapped for them. And that attitude in a nutshell is the beauty of this show; getting past all the trivial distractions this is Madonna at her most sincere, innocent and unguarded.

This show is her love letter to humanity. Politicians and CEOs think they rule the world. But with her performances, Madonna changes the *vibration* of our collective energy for the better. Her resplendent costumes, velveteen vocals (think RIT, but perhaps even better) and well-paced choreography were the icing on the cake for the true accomplishment: she opened her heart to Miami.

Looking forward to the weekend shows...
                                                Last edited by alexiscolby; Sat December 21st, 2019, 23:25.

Comment

• ^This was a true joy to read!
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
                                                    I bought tickets to all 7 Miami shows. .
                                                    If I had THAT MUCH money, I’d go only 6 and 1/2 shows and use that 1/2 show money to give it to charity. I guess You are a fan and Madonna is in need of money to support her starving family.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X