No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will ya faves ever make being tardy so dam fun? They could nevah!!

Comment

• The Sound of Silence covered by MX

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
        The Sound of Silence covered by MX

Wow she sang it beautifully

Comment

• Yes, well done
          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• AndiIversen looks like she saw your post haha

Last edited by BodyShop; Sat February 8th, 2020, 15:04.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Madonna/status/1...679527936?s=20

Comment

• The issue with the curfew is simple, Madonna just start on time please, being late doesn't cut it. If I paid hundreds of pounds for a small gig I would expect it to start on time. Her last arena tours the starting late was an issue.
                Anyway good reviews from fans who have been at the London gigs.
                Last edited by Bazmedia; Sat February 8th, 2020, 19:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                  The issue with the curfew is simple, Madonna just start on time please, being late doesn't cut it. If I paid hundreds of pounds for a small gig I would expect it to start on time. Her last arena tours the starting late was an issue.
                  Anyway good reviews from fans who have been at the London gigs.
                  Praise came from fans but most of all from press as well..... let’s underline that !!

and as for London carfew, she didn’t break the rules....it was theatre mistake to put down the curtains down before the scheduled time !!

Comment

• Superdeluxeedition (a site that is usually just reviewing and informing about deluxe releases of older albums and new standard releases of legacy acts) announced that it will review "Madame X" tour (I don't recall ever reading another review of a concert in that site but I might be wrong on that, for sure it is not a usual occurrence). There was a small preview of the review that it didn't say much other than it is a review of the short version of the tour and that it can be best summed up by the word "memorable"
                    jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• Her "sound of silence" starts really good but it gets too karaoke-ish in the second half. I wonder why she chooses not to sing with the (lower) tone she uses in the beginning of the song on record anymore
                      jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                        Her "sound of silence" starts really good but it gets too karaoke-ish in the second half. I wonder why she chooses not to sing with the (lower) tone she uses in the beginning of the song on record anymore
                        Agreed: mediocre execution

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• BB Boxscores

Madonna Coliseu dos Recreios Lisbon, Jan. 12-23, 2020 $2,930,802 15493/15493 6/6 $444.63, $83.37 Live Nation

Comment

• These are not good number

Comment

• What were you guys expecting from a theatre tour? I think it'll end up with $50m which is not bad i guess.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                  These are not good number
                                  Yes. Disappointing.

Comment

These are not good number
                                    Literally how?

The maximum capacity of Coliseu dos Recreios plummets to 2,846 when you do a SEATED floor like on the Madame X Tour, it is only 4,300 with a standing floor. So ALL 6 shows were packed without any large scale comps, and looking at the gross compared to the ticket sales you see the average ticket price was still $189. Meaning higher than the average ticket price on any of her previous overall tours, and despite Portugal not being nearly as wealthy as the US. Concert ticket prices are always comparatively lower in most of Europe.

And please put this in to perspective; the Lisbon figures show she grossed $2,930,802 from 15,493 tickets sold in ONE city on ONE tour. If she had combined the 6 theater shows in to 1 arena show and grossed $2.9 million it would have been among the highest grossing arena concerts of her career. You know that's impressive, let alone in a smaller market (by global major city metro area population standards) like Lisbon.

Y'all seem to be forgetting 3 key things regarding the structure, raw numbers and financial success of this tour:

1.) Madonna voluntarily staged this tour in theaters for artistic reasons.
                                    2.) The cost of renting any theater for a concert is a fraction of the cost of renting any arena, and a minute fraction of the cost of renting any stadium, for a concert.
                                    3.) This tour's per-show production cost is a fraction of that of the vast majority of her previous tours, as the production is greatly scaled back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                      Instead of having a "**** the theatre for censoring me" she could also start her show on time. She's so freaking arrogant.
                                      This attitude won't serve her well now that her image is already so damaged. She just can't help herself.
                                      ... except she is starting on time in London...

Comment

• That's a great number. Theater tour. Dont forget. Still sold out and way expensive tickets.
                                        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• 20 and 25 February show in Paris cancelled

Comment

• Yay, which means show on 27th will happen, beredy can finally take a breathe

And it'll be easier for me to sell my ticket
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Yay, which means show on 27th will happen, beredy can finally take a breathe

I'd be more comfortable if she canceled 26 tbh.
                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

I'd be more comfortable if she canceled 26 tbh.
                                                Be comfortable, all will be good. It will have to be the short show though.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  Yay, which means show on 27th will happen, beredy can finally take a breathe

Is there a reason youre not interested in going anymore? i mean lots of fans would die for the chance to go or have their show uncancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Is there a reason youre not interested in going anymore? i mean lots of fans would die for the chance to go or have their show uncancelled.
                                                    I broke my shoulder 2 months ago and while it's on the mend, it's simply won't worth it so much travel to see a short show. I know it's better than a cancelled show but when you travel from Turkey, you multiply everything with 6, it's expensive. Plus, we don't have a guarantee that she won't cancel that show, it's not something i can risk with. I was very excited to see this but after the accident, i'd be happy to watch it from home (if they release it).
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Sorry about that. Hopefully the DVD does it justice

Comment

• Can’t wait for the Dvd of the show or whatever.....
                                                        Super happy they filmed it.

Btw ansioux about Paris show, hope my date it’s safe !!

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                          Good numbers, haters

Comment

Can’t wait for the Dvd of the show or whatever.....
                                                            Super happy they filmed it.

Btw ansioux about Paris show, hope my date it’s safe !!
                                                            So you're just going to ignore my reply to you? AGAIN:

Bad numbers? Literally how?

The maximum capacity of Coliseu dos Recreios plummets to 2,846 when you do a SEATED floor like on the Madame X Tour, it is only 4,300 with a standing floor. So ALL 6 shows were packed without any large scale comps, and looking at the gross compared to the ticket sales you see the average ticket price was still $189. Meaning higher than the average ticket price on any of her previous overall tours, and despite Portugal not being nearly as wealthy as the US. Concert ticket prices are always comparatively lower in most of Europe.

And please put this in to perspective; the Lisbon figures show she grossed $2,930,802 from 15,493 tickets sold in ONE city on ONE tour. If she had combined the 6 theater shows in to 1 arena show and grossed $2.9 million it would have been among the highest grossing arena concerts of her career. You know that's impressive, let alone in a smaller market (by global major city metro area population standards) like Lisbon.

Y'all seem to be forgetting 3 key things regarding the structure, raw numbers and financial success of this tour:

1.) Madonna voluntarily staged this tour in theaters for artistic reasons.
                                                            2.) The cost of renting any theater for a concert is a fraction of the cost of renting any arena, and a minute fraction of the cost of renting any stadium, for a concert.
                                                            3.) This tour's per-show production cost is a fraction of that of the vast majority of her previous tours, as the production is greatly scaled back.

Comment

• Mark my words: Madonna will never ever do theater tours again. It’s just not her, not who she is and what she wants. I predict the next tour is gonna be huge supporting the new album

Comment

Working...
                                                              X