Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cindycgy View Post
    Mark my words: Madonna will never ever do theater tours again. It’s just not her, not who she is and what she wants. I predict the next tour is gonna be huge supporting the new album
    I think it's just as likely she'll never tour again. Or maybe one final farewell tour down the road. But I wouldn't count on seeing her on a stage in the next several years.

Comment

• I don't think she'll ever tour again.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
        I don't think she'll ever tour again.
        There's no way she will throw in the towel with MXT being her last. She's too proud for that. She'll want to close it with a bang. She's even stubborn enough to limp through this tour although she's obviously having a lot of health problems right now.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

There's no way she will throw in the towel with MXT being her last. She's too proud for that. She'll want to close it with a bang. She's even stubborn enough to limp through this tour although she's obviously having a lot of health problems right now.
          We'll wait and see. I don't think she'll be well or fit enough to do another world tour.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Angeman
            Angeman commented
            Editing a comment
            If Cher and Barbra can do it then M can do it.

• If she schedule it properly avoiding back to back dates, she can be able to do a worldwide tour again

Comment

• Last date in Paris is cancelled. She cancelled a total of fifteen dates across her tours from Blond Ambition through to MDNA (Rebel Heart had no cancellations); fifteen dates have so far been cancelled for Madame X alone. Madame X reigns supreme and the other tours can never. Bow down.

Comment

• Oh my God.... my date become now the last show of the tour

I should be safe at the moment ......

Comment

• The last date in Paris is NOT cancelled. Ticketmaster screwed up.

Comment

• I guess TM has a cancellation email ready for every date in case
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I don't think she'll ever tour again.
                    it's actually not as unlikely as i thought

this tour had problems(injury, she was late multiple times)
                    madonna has done amazing in touring and dosen't have to prove anything in touring(or at all)
                    she was super fit for her age for many years but she is already 62 this year and can't dance or move like she used to.
                    her last era before this one was in 2015, i think it's quite likely her next era will be in 2023, she will turn 65 then. it's not impossible for her to tour in this age, but it will definetly become less likely.

i still think she will atleast do one more tour, maybe a farewell tour after next era. i think she sould focus more on south america, countries like brazil are most likely among her most sapportive countries nowdays and she didn't visit south america since 2012.

Comment

• People don't tour (or do anything for that matter) to "prove something to someone"... she will tour again unless her health takes a serious turn to the worse
                      jio CHARTS NOW:10/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10445860

Comment

• MadameX was on good form tonight (15th) full show and it was worth the lottery with getting the tickets and the worry and fears it might get cancelled It's unfortunate tnmhoes that missed it or had it cut short at the beginning with no Gun Control, Dark Ballet or Human Nature as there good versions too see live but I'm biased tbh she's my idol since 1984

The highlights were definitely Frozen, Medellin, LAP, I Rise & the visuals were quality but Frozen was just amazing. Human Nature showed us her strength & flexibility still even with said knee injury there was no sign she hid it well!
                        She looked happy & it really was like An Evening with Madonna than a gig
                        Vocals were good & the dancing could not tell she has an injury she hid it well

My only dislikes were I'd remove American Life & replace with another classic ( but guess as a political song it fits in & Future Even though it was a slightly different version & the visual video imagery suited the song I'd prefer Crave or Looking For Mercy of the album tbh

8. 5/10 from me a different experience loved the idea and concept of it as less a gig more an entertaining evening with Madonna & her artistic eye & her appreciation & musical influences from her time in Portugal. It was good to hear her passion & stories of how the songs salbum came about from her time in the city of Lisbon

Good luck to her on the next leg will she tour again...... I hope so
                        Last edited by stevejb4u; Sun February 16, 2020, 09:54.

Comment

• I was lucky enough to see Madame X two nights in a row (8-9 Feb) at the Palladium and all i can say is i was totally blown away, above every expectation. She delivered her best vocals in years, which was a pleasant surprise, especially after the ESC fiasco. She looked so happy and she seemed to love the whole theater thing and the interaction with the audience. She was really funny at the Polaroid and beer bitch moments with Graham Norton (8 Feb) and Alan Cumming (9 Feb). She also kept commenting and making jokes about the curfew at the Palladium and her injuries. Having watched both versions of the show, I must admit the full version is a lot better, because God Control is a strong opener, while Dark Ballet and Human Nature are visually impressive imo. Still, i enjoyed the shorter version of the show, as well. For me the highlights were God Control, Vogue (always iconic), Batuka and most of the fado section (great energy), Frozen and Like a Prayer. But the best moment was seeing here really close, when she walked down the stalls at the end of the show singing I Rise. She looked sooo beautiful.
                          If you're gonna act like a bitch, then you're gonna die like a bitch!

Comment

We'll wait and see. I don't think she'll be well or fit enough to do another world tour.
                            Umm, she simply needs knee surgery. She's not a paraplegic. Her voice is as strong as ever, she has all her faculties and her only physical problem is in one knee. And even IF she can never dance impressively again she doesn't need to do choreography on stage during a tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by PDC717 View Post

Umm, she simply needs knee surgery. She's not a paraplegic. Her voice is as strong as ever, she has all her faculties and her only physical problem is in one knee. And even IF she can never dance impressively again she doesn't need to do choreography on stage during a tour.
                              The thing is, will she want to do another tour after this mess? Maybe she'll want more time with her kids and since her contract with LN is ending with this tour, there's nothing that will force her to do another tour. She doesn't need the money anymore, what will motivate her to do another tour?
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by a Star4 View Post

it's actually not as unlikely as i thought

this tour had problems(injury, she was late multiple times)
                                madonna has done amazing in touring and dosen't have to prove anything in touring(or at all)
                                she was super fit for her age for many years but she is already 62 this year and can't dance or move like she used to.
                                her last era before this one was in 2015, i think it's quite likely her next era will be in 2023, she will turn 65 then. it's not impossible for her to tour in this age, but it will definetly become less likely.

i still think she will atleast do one more tour, maybe a farewell tour after next era. i think she sould focus more on south america, countries like brazil are most likely among her most sapportive countries nowdays and she didn't visit south america since 2012.
                                The injury can be fixed, and she has been late on stage consistently for over a decade.

Comment

The thing is, will she want to do another tour after this mess? Maybe she'll want more time with her kids and since her contract with LN is ending with this tour, there's nothing that will force her to do another tour. She doesn't need the money anymore, what will motivate her to do another tour?
                                  How can you be a Madonna fan and say these things? Her art is her motivation, and she hasn't needed the money in over 30 years. This "mess" was down to an injury that will be dealt with afterwards.

Comment

How can you be a Madonna fan and say these things? Her art is her motivation, and she hasn't needed the money in over 30 years. This "mess" was down to an injury that will be dealt with afterwards.
                                    How do you know she'll deal with knee surgery? Did she address the issue or are you her best friend?

At the moment, i don't see her touring again cause she'll be 66-67 by the time comes and she might see it as an inconvenience. Her priorities have changed and we don't know what the future will bring.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This! ART is her motivation. As hard as it is for so many to understand.

And of course her priorities have changed. They constantly do, as it happens with all of us at different stages/chapters of our lives.
                                      A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Art has always been her motivation, no contest there. Maybe she'll channel it into movies, directing and stuff? I think it will all depend on the wants and needs of her kids.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I really hope they'll put this on Netflix to have more exposure before blu-ray/dvd release. I don't want a documentary film though, just the show.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I really hope they'll put this on Netflix to have more exposure before blu-ray/dvd release. I don't want a documentary film though, just the show.
                                            Oh no! You just mentioned the danger word- documentary! Noooo! It wouldn’t surprise me if she goes down that route. Ugh, really hope not!
                                            A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Why coudln't it be both? a full show and a docu

Comment

Art has always been her motivation, no contest there. Maybe she'll channel it into movies, directing and stuff? I think it will all depend on the wants and needs of her kids.
                                                I feel the need to respond to you and I don't wanna do it in a disrespectful way but the thing is it's really hard to understand your thoughts about Madonna being you ,like you always say,a big fan of her.
                                                First,do you realize she has a knee injury right? Well that happened short before the tour started. She had no idea things would become this hard for her.
                                                Still,you keep calling her a mess?
                                                Why is she a mess?
                                                A woman who has been working hard for almost 40 years and whose work ethics can't be denied by absolutely anyone?
                                                That's my first question.
                                                Second,you also say constantly she "won't be fit enough" to tour again.
                                                Well,Madonna has said it herself that after she moved to Lisbon to help David become a soccer player,she became lonely and spent her time all by herself eating and drinking cause she had no friends around her nor a social life whatsoever. Yes,she was human enough to admit that.
                                                As a consequence she put on a lot of weight as we,as fans,witnessed.
                                                Once she found a new direction for her life and started working on something that made her happy again,things changed.
                                                Right now (and for the last couple of months),despite her knee injury ,she is (especially for a soon to be 62 yo woman) incredibly fit.
                                                You just need to compare her current pictures to the ones taken a year ago (nevermind that gross butt implants and focus on her body , that's what I'm talking about).
                                                So,again,I don't understand where do your claims about how "fit" she is (or isn't or will be) come from . Honestly.
                                                As (almost) always you are WAY too harsh on her,spiritboy.
                                                It becomes even more weird because you don't have such harsh opinions when similar things happen to other singers. Be it Lady Gaga,Celine Dion,Janet Jackson,Mariah Carey ,you name it.
                                                It's always when it's Madonna that you show no mercy and bash her and her behavior left,right and center.
                                                In my honest opinion,as someone who's been following her for 26 years I am sure she WILL tour again. As much as I am 100% sure she will **OBVIOUSLY** take care of her injury.
                                                Like she said it herself,she only made it this far into this tour because of her intense rehab.
                                                So,one more thing I don't understand... You saying that you don't know if she will take care of her problem . It's such an absurd thing to say that it's borderline funny.
                                                Well , that's it. Sorry for the long post.

Comment

• I'm always harsh on Madonna simply because she's the best and when you are the best, people have very high expectations from you.

About "mess" on this tour, her very late starts in US and last minute cancellations. Don't you call them a mess? It was only after she got huge backlash from the fans that she started to announce cancellations early. She should've done that in Miami and Lisbon, her fans know her injuries are serious and they would've understood. As for her very late starts in US, if she had indicated that the show would start at 10:30 pm at earliest, still i don't think fans would be that upset. But when it says 8:30 and it starts at 11pm, they have every right to be upset. Most of those things are her management's or LN's blame yet it's Madonna taking the hit. Though it's good to see the European leg going smoother. As for future tour, i said "well or fit enough". That's my thoughts on the subject, whether you agree or disagree, i don't know and honestly don't care. If she'll be inspired enough to make an album, she might tour again. I do believe (and from what i read from fans who are tight with her management and security team), she's fed up with this tour and can't wait for it to end. Maybe she'll do short residencies in major cities in US and Europe but i don't think she'll have another tour like MDNA or RH Tour. I'm not saying she shouldn't tour or she won't tour, i just feel like it as a long time fan.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I'm always harsh on Madonna simply because she's the best and when you are the best, people have very high expectations from you.

About "mess" on this tour, her very late starts in US and last minute cancellations. Don't you call them a mess? It was only after she got huge backlash from the fans that she started to announce cancellations early. She should've done that in Miami and Lisbon, her fans know her injuries are serious and they would've understood. As for her very late starts in US, if she had indicated that the show would start at 10:30 pm at earliest, still i don't think fans would be that upset. But when it says 8:30 and it starts at 11pm, they have every right to be upset. Most of those things are her management's or LN's blame yet it's Madonna taking the hit. Though it's good to see the European leg going smoother. As for future tour, i said "well or fit enough". That's my thoughts on the subject, whether you agree or disagree, i don't know and honestly don't care. If she'll be inspired enough to make an album, she might tour again. I do believe (and from what i read from fans who are tight with her management and security team), she's fed up with this tour and can't wait for it to end. Maybe she'll do short residencies in major cities in US and Europe but i don't think she'll have another tour like MDNA or RH Tour. I'm not saying she shouldn't tour or she won't tour, i just feel like it as a long time fan.
                                                    I'm not saying she was right to be that late during some shows .
                                                    and clearly,the last minute cancelations in Lisbon were the worst!
                                                    I'm not even saying this tour is not a mess .
                                                    All I'm saying is that there's a reason for that to happen.
                                                    It's not like she became an unprofessional and is screwing everything for no reason.
                                                    She had to adapt to the situation as her problem evolved.
                                                    The most obvious and simple decision would have been to cancel everything.
                                                    But then again,knowing Madonna ,we know she ain't that kind of person.
                                                    Personally, I'm proud of her decision of going on with the tour "until she can".
                                                    Is that the right decision?I don't know and actually Who knows?
                                                    But one thing is for sure,what she did is pure Madonna.
                                                    She went for the "it's better to have some fans disappointed than that have all of them disappointed" and that alone shows how much she still cares.
                                                    Based on the reaction of everyone who went to see the show,she was right tho. Just for the last couple of weeks we had several reports on this very page from ppl who attended the show in London and all of them were in awe.
                                                    Had she cancelled the remaining shows after Lisbon altogether, none of them would have seen her.
                                                    See the logic behind her thought? ;)

Comment

• I don't need to see the logic behind it, i know that she's doing all she can. My problem was with last minute cancellations and i'm glad that they've learned their lesson well and started to let fans know a few days prior to the show, which is something they should've been doing. I already said that European leg is going smoother than US leg and i defended shortened show, saying a short show is better than a cancelled show.

At the end of the day, i'm glad they fixed the problems because when something bad/messy happens, it's Madonna's reputation at stake, not Guy's or Live Nation's.
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I don't need to see the logic behind it.
                                                        I was not about you specifically but fans who questioned her decision on this matter.
                                                        For example, there's this guy on my Facebook who completely freaked out once she cancelled the first Lisbon show.
                                                        Said she should cancel everything ,that he couldn't believe how did she become such an unprofessional bitch,greedy, someone who only thinks about herself etc etc...
                                                        His date was last Thursday and on Friday ,there he was saying he was so glad and thankful that she decided to go on with the show and didn't cancel the entire tourcause it's her best show so far and bla bla bla lol

Comment

• I honestly don't believe Madame X Tour can be her best tour for many fans. It's always like that, after seeing the show, most of the viewers are in extasy and call it the best so it's probably not yet the best time to judge because as time goes by, things are put into perspective and that particular tour usually ends up much lower in the rankings. For me it would definitely be outside of Madonna's Top 5 tours. Way too much talking, not a very strong setlist, no band on stage, simple choreographies and quite boring interludes (especially Rescue Me - how could she have murdered that great song?). Its strongest moments were definitely the songs in the fado section in my opinion. All in all, it's probably her first tour that I don't mind having seen only once. Ever since Confessions era I had attended several dates of each tour but here I think I'm fine after one Lisbon gig.

Comment

• I swear I could know your review without even reading it......lol next....

Comment

Working...
                                                            X