No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone knows if we can get refunds for Paris tickets? Or do we have to re-sell them?
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Spiritboy the answer to that question is obvious

Comment

• edit
        Last edited by CandyShop; Fri January 24th, 2020, 22:57.
        “Madonna fans are the worst !!”

Comment

• Would you pay £500 to see Madonna live? You should...

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/...-should-012320

Comment

• According to Monte Pittman, there will be some changes for London and Paris shows. Wonder what will they be.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Where did Monte mentioned about some change for London and Paris show ?

Comment

• I think the changes are related to her knee injury and some coreographies/dance routines will be removed. That would explain why the DVD was recorded in Portugal, it was the last place with the original concept of the Madame X Tour.

Comment

• The show on Monday the 27th has been cancelled in London.

Honestly, that makes zero sense. She has already had a few days off so one more day wouldnt make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                    The show on Monday the 27th has been cancelled in London.

Honestly, that makes zero sense. She has already had a few days off so one more day wouldnt make a difference.
                    Ugh here we go again. “Production problems” I’m sure
                    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Comment

• I think it has to do with logistics, unlike her previous tours, there's only one stage i heard. So dismantling the stage, deliver it to London and installation there takes time. Whoever did the booking in Live Nation should be fired. There should be at least 1 week break between cities imo.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          I think it has to do with logistics, unlike her previous tours, there's only one stage i heard. So dismantling the stage, deliver it to London and installation there takes time. Whoever did the booking in Live Nation should be fired. There should be at least 1 week break between cities imo.
                          The official press release says it's because of her injury

Comment

• It has nothing to do with logistics.
                            They only had 2 days between last San Francisco show (Nov 5) and the first Las Vegas one (Nov 07) and everything worked perfectly.
                            It's obvs because of her injury.
                            Like Angeman said a few posts ago,she's damned either way: cancelling all of the remaining dates or just a few of them .

Comment

• There will be many other cancellation ....deal with it

It is what it is

I think she is doing herself only harm continuing with the tour......

on the other hand people implying she is cancelling on purpose is just sad

Comment

• « I am deeply sorry that I have to cancel my concert scheduled for Monday January 27th in London. Under doctors guidance I have been told to rest for a few days.
                                As you all know, I have injuries that have plagued me since the beginning of the tour but I must always listen to my body and put my health first.
                                The last thing I want to do is disappoint my fans or compromise the integrity of my show.
                                So I will keep going until I cannot.
                                As always- anyone who purchased a ticket will be refunded for tickets purchased that evening.
                                The show on Wednesday January 29th will go as scheduled.
                                Again I am deeply sorry to disappoint anyone and please know that it hurts me more than you can imagine to have to cancel any shows.
                                Thank you again for your understanding. . » -Madonna

Comment

• Madonna has been injured since rehearsals. Age is a factor in everyone's health (and probably why her dancing has slowed over time), but from every indication, this is a dance-related injury that could happen to any performer. She has dutifully tried to perform as many shows as possible, through pain, and has apologized for cancellations, which are inevitable. "Cancel the rest!" is a weird demand coming from concern-troll fans, many of whom have already seen the show once or multiple times themselves — it's better to cancel than to try to satisfy as many fans as possible? (For her, yes, but not necessarily for fans who want a shot at seeing the show.) She's forging ahead in spite of the probability she really needs, for herself, to rest and heal (maybe even surgically). Give her credit for that — she is not faking or canceling willy-nilly, she is ******* trying. As for last-second cancellations, she's obviously trying to do shows and then deciding when push comes to shove. It's perfectly normal to be sad if you've paid $ to fly out to a show that gets canceled (not normal to call an injured performer "unprofessional," etc.), but that's all booked now and nonrefundable anyway; if it's not, and if you can get a refund and can't afford the risk, you should probably do it. The show's been filmed. Finally, if you're commenting negatively about this on a daily basis, that doesn't make you a more objective fan, it makes you kind of an ass. She's made her decision as to how she's going to try to push on, so everyone should be clear-eyed and plan accordingly. She's canceled 10 shows. It happens on tours. Not usually on Madonna tours, but it happens. Whole tours vanish. She's at least trying.
                                  "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• I'm curious how Paris dates will work out because she has shows 5 days in a row. 25-26-27-28-29 February. My show in on 27th just in the middle and it sucks to know that the show has 50% of being cancelled unless she changes the show drastically in a way that won't force her knee.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I saw tMadonna madam X tour in Chicago and Lisbon... One of the best tour ever ... I dont have the words to describe the feeling i have after seeing it 4 times ... This tour is not similar to nothing she did in the past ... A spiritual journey show full of soul and emotion ... I have been blessed...
                                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• It must suck to be her right now. It's actually a bit sad that this is happening now while her name is already quite tarnished.
                                        I really enjoyed the Madam X album and I think she wanted to give her career a new impulse with a great tour and than this happens. Artists can't afford to be sick while on tour and she obviously is very aware of that, try convincing a HUGE group of fans who paid for the tickets that you really can't do it. It must be an extremely painful thing to go through for her.
                                        It's an important moment for her and I think it will reflect in a next era.
                                        "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                        "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigMancs View Post
                                          Spiritboy the answer to that question is obvious
                                          In all fairness it's kind of f*cked up not to allow people to return tickets when there's at least a 50% chance of any given show being cancelled hours in advance and many people will be travelling and booking hotel rooms. But I guess it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by traherne89 View Post

In all fairness it's kind of f*cked up not to allow people to return tickets when there's at least a 50% chance of any given show being cancelled hours in advance and many people will be travelling and booking hotel rooms. But I guess it is what it is.
                                            Thank you, at this point they should allow us to give back tickets and get our refunds.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              I'm curious how Paris dates will work out because she has shows 5 days in a row. 25-26-27-28-29 February. My show in on 27th just in the middle and it sucks to know that the show has 50% of being cancelled unless she changes the show drastically in a way that won't force her knee.
                                              This is incorrect.
                                              Her schedule in Paris for February :

February 20 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 22 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 23 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 25 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 26 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 27 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 29 - Le Grand Rex Paris

Then, she has 6 more (and final) shows in March.
                                              If she does the same thing she did in Lisbon,your show has actually more chances to happen ( seeing as she chose to cancel the second of the three originally planned for the last week there).
                                              Last edited by BodyShop; Sat January 25th, 2020, 22:44.

Comment

• ^ Thanks. I really hope she can find a way to adapt the show so that she won't have to cancel and i really love this album and experience it. Obtaining a travel visa, plane tickets and hotel costs would be too much to risk it otherwise.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I would be so pissed if I had tickets to that London show she cancelled. How many is that now??

Comment

• Originally posted by BodyShop View Post

February 25 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 26 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 27 - Le Grand Rex Paris

February 29 - Le Grand Rex Paris

4 shows in 5 days....

these are dangerous dates!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X