No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers look about right for Paris. 765,000$ per night.

Comment

• It's finally here. The final numbers for the "Madame X Tour".

Comment

• Legendary.

Thank you! Bring in the live released. I pray we don’t get messy editing.

Comment

• Awesome! $50m for a theater tour is great! And great ticket average price.
          ​​​​​​
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Great number for a extremely limited itinerary and tiny theater tour.
            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I’m surprised at the average ticket price actually, it’s much lower than the standard, non-VIP ticket price at all shows. Some serious discounting clearly happened.
              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                I’m surprised at the average ticket price actually, it’s much lower than the standard, non-VIP ticket price at all shows. Some serious discounting clearly happened.
                ? No? Fan presale tickets were much lower priced than tickets that were released to general public later on. Mine was €160 euro and that wasn't even the cheapest ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

? No? Fan presale tickets were much lower priced than tickets that were released to general public later on. Mine was €160 euro and that wasn't even the cheapest ticket.
                  The fan presale (which I assume you mean her ICON fan club and not the verified fan thing) were all the same price - fans just had access to some of the lower priced seats in some areas of the theatre.

Her standard US top tier, non-VIP and non-package ticket price was $750. In the UK it was 500 (which is what I paid). Obviously not every ticket was this price but when they went on sale initially the majority of tickets were higher than the average gross.

It’s no secret she struggled to shift tickets to some of the shows with more dates. Her official website were selling tickets that hadn’t sold for $10 if you sent them a selfie as part of the announced ticket lottery - and for more tickets than the originally announced 10 per show.

In fact her website sent emails out the day of the shows asking people to take part if they would be around that night.

Obviously none of this detracts from how good the show itself was, nor the gross - overall the gross is impressive.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Ugh what a shame this article had to bring up Madonna to make a point. Even if somewhat true. shady and unnecessary.

Will Gompertz reviews Beverley Knight's socially distanced London Palladium show

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53502913
                    A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Angeman
                      Angeman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Basically hes saying the show was bad because she had a knee injury... oh please. Her vocals were excellent on the slow songs. Especially Frozen. Yes she had backing track but you could hear live voice very well.

I’m surprised at the average ticket price actually, it’s much lower than the standard, non-VIP ticket price at all shows. Some serious discounting clearly happened.
                    Wrong. Arthur Fogel confirmed at the start of the tour that the average first market ticket price was, and would end up, around $300. It did.

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                      Ugh what a shame this article had to bring up Madonna to make a point. Even if somewhat true. shady and unnecessary.

Will Gompertz reviews Beverley Knight's socially distanced London Palladium show

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53502913
                      Also the first reviewer with a negative comment about Madonna's vocals on the tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by PDC717 View Post

Wrong. Arthur Fogel confirmed at the start of the tour that the average first market ticket price was, and would end up, around $300. It did.
                        I’m not wrong, please see my earlier post. Plus I posted the ticket prices on page 2):

Medellin VIP
                        $1,995.00
                        Crave VIP
                        $1,350.00
                        Come Alive VIP
                        $995.00
                        Dark Ballet VIP
                        $750.00
                        Seating Area 1
                        $759.00
                        Seating Area 2
                        $509.00
                        Seating Area 3
                        $359.00
                        Seating Area 4
                        $259.00
                        Seating Area 5
                        $134.00
                        Seating Area 6
                        $97.00
                        Seating Area 7
                        $52.00

Based on the ticket prices, very surprised he average wasn’t higher - the majority of seats were not $259 or less.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Angeman
                          Angeman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I wouldnt fight with him. He was banned at Madonnanation for being crazy.

I’m not wrong, please see my earlier post. Plus I posted the ticket prices on page 2):

Medellin VIP
                        $1,995.00
                        Crave VIP
                        $1,350.00
                        Come Alive VIP
                        $995.00
                        Dark Ballet VIP
                        $750.00
                        Seating Area 1
                        $759.00
                        Seating Area 2
                        $509.00
                        Seating Area 3
                        $359.00
                        Seating Area 4
                        $259.00
                        Seating Area 5
                        $134.00
                        Seating Area 6
                        $97.00
                        Seating Area 7
                        $52.00

Based on the ticket prices, very surprised he average wasn’t higher - the majority of seats were not $259 or less.
                        Once again, Arthur Fogel confirmed at the start of the tour that the average first market ticket price was, and would end up, around $300. It did.

You just don't know how to calculate the average price.

1.) The pricing tiers are irrelevant, the number of tickets within each tier is what matters.
                        2.) Ticketmaster Platinum tickets and tickets that were sold as part of a VIP package do not count towards Bilboard Boxscores.

Comment

• Angeman being banned at MadonnaRetardation doesn't say much though. I got banned years ago when I registered for saying Rebel Heart sucks (and that was my only negative post there). It's no secret I hate that album. They're trigger happy when it comes to bans for saying anything bad even when it's not directly towards M as a person.

Comment

• Originally posted by PDC717 View Post

Once again, Arthur Fogel confirmed at the start of the tour that the average first market ticket price was, and would end up, around $300. It did.

You just don't know how to calculate the average price.
                            Of course I know how to calculate an average price, it's basic maths, but thanks for the insult Mr 61 posts

In London the ticket average there was $377 which is a lot more in line with what I thought the overall average would be. In comparison, NYC - with more shows - had an average of $306 and a larger venue yet sold less tickets per show too. The irony of course is that Broadway is always more expensive than the West End (though I suppose BAM isn't Broadway).

Chicago was incredibly low with an average ticket price of $237, Philadelphia even lower at $217 and Portugal - the birthplace of the album - comes in the lowest with an average ticket price of just $189 (which is literally half London's average).

Interestingly enough her highest average show gross was in Las Vegas with a show average of $1,414,925. Okay so it's helped somewhat by the fact more tickets were available (4,200 per show) but even her ticket average there was higher than NYC at $336. This is slightly worrying because it shows audiences are still prepared to pay slightly more than the overall tour average per ticket, in venues twice the size she played else where on MXT.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• You do know ticket price average is also fluctationg between the cities in arena/stadium shows too? Not just for Madonna, but for every artist. You can't expect Portugal shows to match UK shows. What you're saying literally makes 0 sense.

Comment

You do know ticket price average is also fluctationg between the cities in arena/stadium shows too? Not just for Madonna, but for every artist. You can't expect Portugal shows to match UK shows. What you're saying literally makes 0 sense.
                                Looking at average ticket prices is gross vs total ticket sales - it breaks it down to the point all shows can be compared. Obviously it doesn't take into consideration local ergonomics and average ticket prices are only one part of the story, but the figures can speak for themselves: people in Portugal were not prepared to spend as much per ticket on people in say Las Vegas or London, or at the very least, given the opportunity by Live Nation to do so (6 sell out shows with a low ticket average is indicative that they might have under priced Portugal, for example).

The Portuguese audience was actually larger than that in London too (roughly 25% increased capacity per show), so she shifted more tickets there (per show) and still came out with a lower gross per night and a lower average ticket price. If Madonna was to look through her sales statistics for the tour in order to judge which markets were the best to focus on next time, Portugal wouldn't necessarily be as financially rewarding as staying in London for another 6 shows (for example).

Like I said, this is just one viewpoint and there are other factors in play, but generally speaking it is a much sounder business plan to focus on markets where you can make more money for selling the same product - which was the point I was making with Vegas: Madonna made more money per show and per ticket for performing the same show in a venue to an audience twice the size than in (most) other venues - where it was less intimate (the USP of the entire tour).

I mean on a basic level, she did 6 shows in Portugal making just over $4 million (to 15,500 fans) and just three shows in Las Vegas, performed to 12,600 fans and made just shy of $6 million. Essentially, Madonna made $104 more per ticket sold in Vegas compared to Portugal... and did 50% less work.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• She didn't want to be a local act and was aware she can't move the same amount of $$$ in every country. You know how? This ain't her first tour.

​​​​​​RHT
                                  LV 12.8k people $3.8m
                                  Barcelona (and Spain is a richer country than Portugal) 28k people $2.3m

You are sounding a bit bitter and confused. She wanted to play Lisbon for obvious facts. Not for the $$$ only.

Comment

• VIP Packages, Merch and etc are not even allowed to be included in box office reports. You can do this, but they recommend you to don't. That's why Celine is doing $1.2-1.5 million per show in ticket sales but her team is adding other kind of $ just to push the total to over $2 million a night.

The prices are different for each city and there is a discrepancy between sections in terms of number of tickets released in each. The average ticket price is exactly what it should be.

Comment

She didn't want to be a local act and was aware she can't move the same amount of $$$ in every country. You know how? This ain't her first tour.

​​​​​​RHT
                                      LV 12.8k people $3.8m
                                      Barcelona (and Spain is a richer country than Portugal) 28k people $2.3m

You are sounding a bit bitter and confused. She wanted to play Lisbon for obvious facts. Not for the $$$ only.
                                      I'm not bitter at all, nor am I confused - I'm literally just reading the story of the figures we can all see and all have access to. There is zero personal attachment to the money that is (sadly) not mine.

I said there were other factors at play and we all know why she wanted to tour in Portugal - she wanted to play that particular venue. Same as the MDNA Paris date where she played that theatre for 45 minutes - it was an indulgence. Nor have I said she should chase the money - but simply stated that good business would be to do just that. We all know she'll never do a Vegas residency despite having the stardom to do it and to do it well, because she just isn't interested. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be sound business to do so.

But the figures do tell a story and touring is a business. I never claimed it was the full story (in fact I said they don't tell the full picture) but that doesn't mean Madonna or Live Nation won't look at the data and interpret it. Look at the US dates for example - one question that you can take away from those figures is whether Live Nation chose the right cities for her to perform in.

Clearly some cities weren't as financially successful as others - which raises the question of 'why not?' and Live Nation looking for answers, evaluating the reasons and learning any lessons that might need to be learnt. I mean for all we know one of the takeaways could be that perhaps they should have gone to Toronto for a few shows instead of say Philadelphia.

To analyse the figures though isn't to attack Madonna so I really don't see how that makes me sound confused nor bitter. All I'm doing is interpreting the data available and raising points that the data tells us - raising them doesn't mean it's done so in a negative way.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Logistics played a part too. The stage proved to be too large for some venues (in Paris you could easily see how things were crammed, they needed at least a 1/4 more room inside. Numbers don't tell the whole story, that's the only part that's true in what you're saying. Everything else is pure speculation on your part.

Comment

Logistics played a part too. The stage proved to be too large for some venues (in Paris you could easily see how things were crammed, they needed at least a 1/4 more room inside. Numbers don't tell the whole story, that's the only part that's true in what you're saying. Everything else is pure speculation on your part.
                                          Which part? Because nothing I said was speculative, it’s all facts and figures. As I’ve repeatedly said, I’m not claiming to have the full picture but am simply interpreting the data - but you seem to be overlooking that in favour of being offended and telling me how touring works.

Do you work for Live Nation? Because if you do I’ve got plenty of feedback
                                          Last edited by menime123; Mon July 27th, 2020, 17:53.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• All you're doing is spinning the figures to fit into your "point".

Comment

All you're doing is spinning the figures to fit into your "point".
                                              How do you spin figures that can’t lie? I’m not Tidal

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Your're comparing LV numbers with Lisbon numbers. That's spinning. No one in their right mind would ever do so.

Comment

Your're comparing LV numbers with Lisbon numbers. That's spinning. No one in their right mind would ever do so.
                                                  It’s not spinning, it’s a discussion on facts. Las Vegas made Madonna more money, had a higher average ticket price and involved half the number of shows. These are facts and cannot be disputed.

People are paid to map and schedule Madonna’s tours and make everyone involved the most profit. If you really think they don’t look at each venue, each territory, rank them, compare them, analyse them and discuss which are Madonna’s most viable markets after the fact then that is your prerogative - but I assure you they do.

This tour in particularly had a lot of scheduling problems and that alone had dire financially consequences for Madonna (including reputation problems). I really wouldn’t be surprised if the end of tour review was a few hundred pages long to be honest.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• You're assuming Lisbon grosses weren't good though by comparing them to LV. Why not find a theater show from a pop star in Lisbon and compare the gross and average ticket? I'm pretty sure you'll find Madonna's average ticket price there is through the roof.

And I've already posted you grosses from RHT. You really think LN expected LV type of gross in Europe or Lisbon?

Comment

You're assuming Lisbon grosses weren't good though by comparing them to LV. Why not find a theater show from a pop star in Lisbon and compare the gross and average ticket? I'm pretty sure you'll find Madonna's average ticket price there is through the roof.

And I've already posted you grosses from RHT. You really think LN expected LV type of gross in Europe or Lisbon?
                                                      No, you assume I’m assuming because it fits your narrative. I never once said Lisbon wasn’t profitable - there’s no way it wasn’t. But the fact remains Madonna was more profitable else where and that’s the point I’m making - she made more money in other places doing less work.

If I paid you $1000 and said you can either do 6 hours work or 3 hours work, which would you chose? It’s the same principle - financially, Madonna was better off in Vegas where she did 3 shows to a smaller audience and made more money than Lisbon, where she did twice as many shows, made less money and sold more tickets.

I’m not questioning the decision making, not saying she should have skipped Portugal. I’m simply having a conversation about the financials.

In terms of Rebel Heart, she made less per ticket in Vegas compared to MXT, as her ticket average for that show was $275 (compared to $336 on MXT). Interestingly she sold almost the exact same number of tickets in Vegas on both tours (12,787 vs 12,613) but had to do 3 shows in 2019 as opposed to one in 2015. But to be able to charge your paying public an average of $61 more per ticket in just 4 years is crazy good - it’s an increase of 22% tour on tour.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• LOL. You can't charge the same in arena and in a theater.

My God, did you decide to troll when you came back? Just because you write paragraphs doesn't mean your posts aren't transparent as hell. Is this your way of punishing the people for making you like LAP?

Comment

LOL. You can't charge the same in arena and in a theater.

My God, did you decide to troll when you came back? Just because you write paragraphs doesn't mean your posts aren't transparent as hell. Is this your way of punishing the people for making you like LAP?
                                                          Actually you can - Barbra Streisand’s arena prices are notoriously high, and Madonna has sold many tickets in arenas higher than the MXT average ticket price.

Why is it you feel the need to insult when you can’t carry on a debate? Perhaps if you used paragraphs your points would be more eloquently presented with a bigger dose of coherence.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                          X