No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Damn. That ticket average is insane. And it will go up with European shows I think.

But anytime I see a new post in this thread I expect to see a cancelation.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Average gross per show in Vegas 1.4 mil : amazing!!

Comment

• If she somehow manages to complete his tour, it could end up grossing $50 million
          A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Her average gross numbers are great but this tour will finish up a long way away from where people were predicting it would near the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              Her average gross numbers are great but this tour will finish up a long way away from where people were predicting it would near the start.
              That's because people had crazy unreal expectations. When they were throwing crazy $150m, $200m predictions I did some calculations with available seats and the average ticket price would have had to been through the roof, out of the atmosphere over to the nearest galaxy. That was never going to happen. You can go back and read all that if you want. The gross is great for a theater tour. Also European grosses should be slightly higher as ticket prices were bigger. So $50m is a nice approachable goal (given there aren't many cancelations of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                Average gross per show in Vegas 1.4 mil : amazing!!
                OMG

Comment

• Amazing gross !!! Queen!!
                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• 10 minutes until they'll open the door for London's first show. I'm so excited! Already standing outside the Palladium
                    Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyPerfumeBoy View Post
                      10 minutes until they'll open the door for London's first show. I'm so excited! Already standing outside the Palladium
                      Oh glad u attend

the show is amazing, enjoy it

I ve heard Palladium has a very strict policy regarding the start and the finish time of a show..... they say that at midnight they will turn off the lights no matter what..... is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post

Oh glad u attend

the show is amazing, enjoy it

I ve heard Palladium has a very strict policy regarding the start and the finish time of a show..... they say that at midnight they will turn off the lights no matter what..... is that true?
                        Yes. That's a general policy for venues in UK, they all have curfew. So if she plans on finishing a show, she needs to start no later than 21:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Yes. That's a general policy for venues in UK, they all have curfew. So if she plans on finishing a show, she needs to start no later than 21:30.
                          Apparently that rule only applies to certain capacities. Fans have said it doesnt apply to Theater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Apparently that rule only applies to certain capacities. Fans have said it doesnt apply to Theater.
                            From Reddit. There is a curfew in Palladium.

Comment

• Yikes well she went on late today anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

From Reddit. There is a curfew in Palladium.

Neil from Mtribe said Palladium also hosts midnight shows so there's no curfew.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                  Yikes well she went on late today anyway...
                                  I don't think she was late, the show finished 15-20m ago and if lasts 2h that means she got on stage at 9:30 pm
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Yeah nevermind someone was wrong on Mnation

Comment

• I'm on my way home now, will write more later.
                                      But for now: She was on fire!!! Wow what an amazing show. I loved it so much. She started 8.45 and the show was 2h 20 minutes.
                                      The crowd was great, too! What a night

Comment

• There's definitely a curfew because she wouldn't have started that early no way in hell.

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

Neil from Mtribe said Palladium also hosts midnight shows so there's no curfew.
                                        They probably have special permissions for that. And it's also one thing to advertise an 20:30 show and a midnight show.

Comment

• Madonna herself mentioned a few times that there's a curfew

Comment

• So far I've read quite a few positive things about the show tonight on MTribe and MNation forums. Here's a great review as well:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/wh...d=tmg_share_tw
                                            A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else. - Bette Davis

Comment

• Madonna blew me away tonight, it's a beautiful piece of theatre/concert. She was funny, chatty, sassy and her vocals were brilliant. You can still she's injured (some slight choreography changes) but she went for it.

​ The political themes were handled perfectly with songs like God Control, Dark Ballet and American life. Highlights were Extreme Occident, I Don't Search I Find, Frozen, I Rise, Medellin, Batuka and God Control.

Such a different show, so intimate with this theatre setting shes gone for. Not a greatest hits show (thank god) she clearly had something to say and share, it feels more like a passion project for her.

She exits through the audience and walked right next to me and I touched her....amazing. she is stunning close up and tiny.

Also, how amazing to witness a concert with no phones as distractions. No cameras and flashes. Everybody was present in the moment. Best thing she could have done banning phones.

Stunning concert to support her brilliant and experimental album Madame X. I'm not gonna forget this for a long time and I've attended every tour since 87.

Show started at 8.45 and she kept joking that Westminster council told her they would bring down the iron curtain on her if she was late. Photo went for 1500 tonight.

Only negatives.
                                              Crave seemed to be dropped from the set list even though it seemed to start then stop. Papa Don't Preach has also gone.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Madonna – Madame X review, London Palladium: Anarchic, experimental and her best show ever

5 stars

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/wh...d=tmg_share_tw

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyPerfumeBoy View Post
                                                  I'm on my way home now, will write more later.
                                                  But for now: She was on fire!!! Wow what an amazing show. I loved it so much. She started 8.45 and the show was 2h 20 minutes.
                                                  The crowd was great, too! What a night
                                                  Looking forward to your review.

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigMancs View Post
                                                    Madonna blew me away tonight, it's a beautiful piece of theatre/concert. She was funny, chatty, sassy and her vocals were brilliant. You can still she's injured (some slight choreography changes) but she went for it.

​ ​​​​​​
                                                    She really put 100% of her heart and soul into this show, despite her bad physical condition, and I m glad people who attend the show is recognising that

On the other hand Crave and PDP, seems have been cut out for good, she skipped them both in Lisbon date I attended as well

I ve heard she also cut out Sodade yesterday.
                                                    Last edited by CandyShop; Thu January 30, 2020, 07:41.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X