Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    But they're not schizophrenic in edit where you can literally see all changes in a couple of seconds. And there was no reason to do that because everything is already overprocessed with effects (slow, fast, filters, etc.) that the excuse isn't they went with a better take.
    Who's That Girl DVD not schizophrenic in edit??? I can't watch it as her hair changes all the time as well as the colour of her pants and her wearing a necklace one second and not wearing it a second later. I always watched the live recording that aired on tv as the VHS/DVD works on my nerves.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Who's That Girl DVD not schizophrenic in edit??? I can't watch it as her hair changes all the time as well as the colour of her pants and her wearing a necklace one second and not wearing it a second later. I always watched the live recording that aired on tv as the VHS/DVD works on my nerves.
      Omg I love the original broadcast from Italy so much, even despite the atrocious vocal, lol

Comment

• Is that broadcast available anywhere? I've only seen the Ciao Italia and the Tokyo edits.

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
          Is that broadcast available anywhere? I've only seen the Ciao Italia and the Tokyo edits.
          Strangely enough it was never officially released, while it was so much better than the released chop-up.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Is that broadcast available anywhere? I've only seen the Ciao Italia and the Tokyo edits.
            Not entirely.

the beginning of the OYH was messed up in the original broadcast: like the cameras went crazy!!

Edit I was quoting RayRay here

Comment

• Last night was another short show. beredy i think 25th will be cancelled and your show will go on as planned but as a shorter show as it'll be second night in a row.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Short show is due to carfew.

if there is no carfew in Paris, there is no risk for short show!!

risk of cancellation is still there instead.

I m prepared to everything for my date as well, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  Last night was another short show. beredy i think 25th will be cancelled and your show will go on as planned but as a shorter show as it'll be second night in a row.
                  I think she's more likely to cancel the middle show like she did in Lisbon. And yeah, Paris should be safe from shorter shows as there isn't no curfew.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Short show isn't about curfew, it's about her injuries. She can't do two full shows in a row, that's why night 1 is a full show while show 2 is a short one. Her team told this during backstage tour ad which songs would be cut.

About Paris, she has two shows on 22-23 Feb, then she needs a two day rest and will commence on 26 Feb.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

And it still watchable unlike the "MDNA" and "Rebel Heart" tour dvds which are just all over the place
                      jio CHARTS NOW:1/6/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...6#post10400726

Comment

• THEGUARDIAN / REVIEW London Palladium
                        A heady riot of bangers and spectacular dance moves, the first night of #Madonna’s West End residency is worth the hefty ticket PRICES!!

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/20...-madame-x-tour

Comment

• I agree with everyone that says the Rebel Heart show is unwatchable.
                          Horrid editing. First of her yours I didn't buy on DVR or Blu Ray or whatever.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Two guys from NY are suing Madonna and LN because of her lateness
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This? https://youtu.be/Uj12f7xfePw

Comment

• The critical acclaim: wow!!!

https://www.nme.com/reviews/madonna-...d-down-2603816

NME Magazine: Madonna live in London: The Queen of Pop lets her guard down and it’s incredible. Rating: 5 Stars (out of 5)

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                    Two guys from NY are suing Madonna and LN because of her lateness
                                    one of the reasons is emotional distress...really??

Comment

• I finally found the time to write down my Madame X Tour experience and I can say that at the beginning, it was fantastic from start to finish.
                                      The worst part first: I forced myself to not get too excited before the concert, so I would be less disappointed if she cancelled the show. I think this was the show/ tour I was less excited about until I sat on the airplane on Wednesday morning on the way to London. Since then I couldn’t hold back though I knew she could cancel only one or two hours prior doors opening.
                                      I started queuing about 5.50 pm, I knew I had my seats but it’s always nice to chat with Madonna fans and wanted to make sure to get all the merchandise I wanted (I got two shirts, the tour book, the poster and the shot glass). I had some drinks with some fans (one I met during MDNA tour in Berlin) and went to my seat at around 8.20 pm. Ten minutes later they announced the show would start in a few minutes and everyone should take their seat. At 8.45 the show started! I don't know how to hide text in spoilers so I just write this warning:

SPOILERS

They messed up part of the video intro with the video going without sound (no first gun shot) and then directly showing the full text.
                                      They started again and fixed it and the intro went on as planned. It was quite long, felt the longest since The Beast Within at RIT and I know she wants to make a statement but it dragged on a bit.
                                      Then Madonna came on stage and the audience was so ready for her. What a great atmosphere from start to finish. All the people in the stalls stood up and only sat during interludes, chats and two songs. I think the best is to do a song for song review:

Part One:

God Control – loved the performance and the costume. A really great opener and it lifted people out of their seats. She did the choreography and you couldn’t tell too much that she was injured. When the choir started singing I got chills and I was soooooo happy to be there and witness this tour.

Dark Ballet – Good performance, her voice was so beautiful during the first part of the song, really haunting. Pity though that the part where she speaks were pre-recorded.

Human Nature – Again a good performance, though not my favorite song at all and I wished she had chosen another hit over this song, but it fit the statement she wanted to make. She looked effortless while moving and did all the choreography in the hamster wheel. But I have to say the performance didn’t add much new and wasn’t better than the DWT and MDNAT performances.

Express Yourself – again, what a voice. So powerful and warm. Those must be her best vocals since Confessions or even DWT. Nice to see her daughters on stage too. The whole Palladium was singing to the songs, so cool that only fans were there that knew the lyrics. Awesome moment.

Madonna then changed on stage behind a mirror and talked a bit and made some jokes, but honestly it didn’t work for me. She should just have had a video interlude and sing one more song. Or talk more about the making of Madame X or the tour or some cool stories from her career. And it went on for what felt an eternity. I like when she’s chatty and she mentioned her injury, how happy she was to be there and talked about brits not telling her how bad her British accent was.

Part Two:
                                      Vogue – always a highlight, quite similar to the NYC pride version. Her moves were great and the audience went crazy. Definitive a highlight.

I Don’t Search I Find – Fits the Madame X theme of her being a secret agent, but honestly it was the weakest song and performance of the night for me. I didn’t like the song that much to begin with and the live version did not add more to the song.
                                      Polaroid auction – boring and in part even cringy. It was not necessary and she could have skipped this part or just sang another song. The polaroid went for 1500 pounds. Though there was a girl who said she had 10000 pounds, but Madonna didn’t hear her. But it was cringy because some fans said the flew all the way and have no money left and deserve the polaroid for free. Or because they are her biggest fans.

American Life – I loved it! So cool with parts of the original video projected. Finally she played a song from AL live again and finally American Life in the album version and no remixed version. She didn’t mess up the lyrics and it was a good closure to the second part.

Part Three – This is the heart of the show and it brought the album to life for me. This must be one of the greatest sections in Madonna Tour history.

Batuka – I liked the coffin interlude, it really pointed out that Madame X was inspired by so many different places in the world. Batuka was fantastic! The entrance was so great and breath-taking. Those women seemed so genuine and happy on stage. Madonnas voice fits the song so good, really a pity that the album version has such a bad production. And I love Madonna in brunette, she looks more classy! This was really the centrepiece of the show, following the other songs in this sextion.

Fado Pechincha – What a nice moment. She sang the song together with the son or grandson of another musician who passed away. She talked a lot about how Portugal and the music scene there inspired her. She also said that David thought she was drinking too much and getting lonely and fat. The song was nice and it felt right in the show.

Killers Who Are Partying – One of the greatest moments of the show, when the curtain lifts and her fado club is presented in the background. The projections were awesome. I was shocked by how great this looked. Her voice was so pure and powerful during the song. One of the best moments of all Madonna concerts I witnessed.

Crazy – Another highlight. Her voice was again on point and it was songs like this where Madonna really could show her talent. I loved the instruments and the performance in front of the projections.

Welcome To My Fado Club/ La Isla Bonita – Welcome To My Fado Club should have been an intro on the album. It was a cute moment. When she started to sing LIB everyone joined her and I got goose bumps again. I only wished she could have sung more of LIB. But in the end everything fit together. And I loved the ‘one two cha cha cha’ parts.

Medellin – Fantastic performance! Her vocals were so great, the dancing was so fitting and everyone went crazy when she left the stage to go down and dance between the seats. It was much better than the AMA live performance. And I liked that Maluma in the windows, that was a nice idea.
                                      Beer Bitch talk – with a guy from Italy who could barely speak English. But Madonna didn’t mind because she mentioned the Iron Curtain (curfew) and it was a good thing that there conversation was kinda short.

Extreme Occident – One of the few songs where people sat down, because they didn’t rise after the beer bitch talk. Cool performance with the moving parts of the stage and the lights were a nice touch as well. I love the song and again her voice was so good live.

Part Four
                                      Very artsy interlude. I was hoping that it was the Rescue Me version with the batukadeiras she teased on Instagram, but unfortunately it was not.

Frozen – The best song and best performance of the night as many other fans also stated. Her voice was fantastic, full of warmth and emotions. The projections of Lola were so fitting and haunting. I loved every second of this song.

Come Alive – one of the worst songs of the album for me, but live it was so great. I loved the projections and the clothes both Madonna, the dancers and the background singer wore. So beautiful and colourful. And the atmosphere was so great, so much positivity and love.

Future – a much better version than the album version, but the video projections felt a bit off. And the song was in the wrong place in the setlist, should be in the second act. Here it felt rather boring so close to the end.

Like A Prayer – she started with a video interlude and I thought Crave would come, but then the disco ball appeared to the choir for Like A Prayer. I know a lot of fans are tired of this song, but it was a great choice to close her main set. Much better performance than the ESC one and I understand why this has become some kind of signature song for her. Everyone was standing and singing and she looked genuinely happy during this song.

I Rise – I wasn’t sure if it would work as the encore, but it did. A nice way to close the show and exit through the audience. Her voice was great again and it fit the whole show and the statements she made. And I got goosebumps again when the pride flag appeared on the projections.

END OF SPOILERS

All in all it was a fantastic experience and I am so happy that I got to see the show almost how she intended it to do (minus Crave and some dancing). As said, the album came to live during the Fado Club part but also the theme of Madame X during the first two and last segment. She was in a good mood, being cheeky but never offensive. She could joke about herself and seemed to be so proud about the album and the show. She talked a bit too much for my taste and it was sometimes a bit cringy. The best part of the concert: Her voice and the intimacy. She really achieved what she wanted to achieve with this tour and I will never forget this night!
                                      Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

• Sorry for the long post
                                        Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

• Thanks for the review CandyPerfumeBoy.... nice read

can’t wait to see the show again......... eventually !!

Comment

• Two super successful Brazilian singers : Maiara & Maraísa attended tonight's show and Madonna sat on the lap of one of them lol

​​​​​​She's super excited and tweeted:" there are artists and there is Madonna. What she did with a set of 4 stairs and a light projector is simply sureal"
                                            To those of you who understand Portuguese:

Last edited by BodyShop; Thu February 6th, 2020, 02:31.

Comment

• Also ,they closed the curtain due to the curfew but she went on anyway:

https://vimeo.com/389620498

Wow at the energy ! Amazing !

Comment

• ^ Yes the show yesterday started a little late at 9.05 pm

Andrew Lloyd Webber was in the audience and M sang Don’t Cry For Me Argentina .

except for Crave, she performed the whole show as scheduled.

Comment

• Last night might be one of the most iconic nights of the tour with curtain curfew and M singing DCFMA. It's even weirder when you think Andrew Lloyd Webber owns Palladium.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X