Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logistics played a part too. The stage proved to be too large for some venues (in Paris you could easily see how things were crammed, they needed at least a 1/4 more room inside. Numbers don't tell the whole story, that's the only part that's true in what you're saying. Everything else is pure speculation on your part.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
    .

    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

    Comment


    • Originally posted by beredy View Post
      Logistics played a part too. The stage proved to be too large for some venues (in Paris you could easily see how things were crammed, they needed at least a 1/4 more room inside. Numbers don't tell the whole story, that's the only part that's true in what you're saying. Everything else is pure speculation on your part.
      Which part? Because nothing I said was speculative, it’s all facts and figures. As I’ve repeatedly said, I’m not claiming to have the full picture but am simply interpreting the data - but you seem to be overlooking that in favour of being offended and telling me how touring works.

      Do you work for Live Nation? Because if you do I’ve got plenty of feedback
      Last edited by menime123; Mon July 27, 2020, 18:53.
      I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

      Kate Bush - Lily

      Comment


      • All you're doing is spinning the figures to fit into your "point".
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
        .

        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

        Comment


        • Originally posted by beredy View Post
          All you're doing is spinning the figures to fit into your "point".
          How do you spin figures that can’t lie? I’m not Tidal
          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

          Kate Bush - Lily

          Comment


          • Your're comparing LV numbers with Lisbon numbers. That's spinning. No one in their right mind would ever do so.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
            .

            Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

            Comment


            • Originally posted by beredy View Post
              Your're comparing LV numbers with Lisbon numbers. That's spinning. No one in their right mind would ever do so.
              It’s not spinning, it’s a discussion on facts. Las Vegas made Madonna more money, had a higher average ticket price and involved half the number of shows. These are facts and cannot be disputed.

              People are paid to map and schedule Madonna’s tours and make everyone involved the most profit. If you really think they don’t look at each venue, each territory, rank them, compare them, analyse them and discuss which are Madonna’s most viable markets after the fact then that is your prerogative - but I assure you they do.

              This tour in particularly had a lot of scheduling problems and that alone had dire financially consequences for Madonna (including reputation problems). I really wouldn’t be surprised if the end of tour review was a few hundred pages long to be honest.
              I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
              And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

              Kate Bush - Lily

              Comment


              • You're assuming Lisbon grosses weren't good though by comparing them to LV. Why not find a theater show from a pop star in Lisbon and compare the gross and average ticket? I'm pretty sure you'll find Madonna's average ticket price there is through the roof.

                And I've already posted you grosses from RHT. You really think LN expected LV type of gross in Europe or Lisbon?
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                .

                Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                Comment


                • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                  You're assuming Lisbon grosses weren't good though by comparing them to LV. Why not find a theater show from a pop star in Lisbon and compare the gross and average ticket? I'm pretty sure you'll find Madonna's average ticket price there is through the roof.

                  And I've already posted you grosses from RHT. You really think LN expected LV type of gross in Europe or Lisbon?
                  No, you assume I’m assuming because it fits your narrative. I never once said Lisbon wasn’t profitable - there’s no way it wasn’t. But the fact remains Madonna was more profitable else where and that’s the point I’m making - she made more money in other places doing less work.

                  If I paid you $1000 and said you can either do 6 hours work or 3 hours work, which would you chose? It’s the same principle - financially, Madonna was better off in Vegas where she did 3 shows to a smaller audience and made more money than Lisbon, where she did twice as many shows, made less money and sold more tickets.

                  I’m not questioning the decision making, not saying she should have skipped Portugal. I’m simply having a conversation about the financials.

                  In terms of Rebel Heart, she made less per ticket in Vegas compared to MXT, as her ticket average for that show was $275 (compared to $336 on MXT). Interestingly she sold almost the exact same number of tickets in Vegas on both tours (12,787 vs 12,613) but had to do 3 shows in 2019 as opposed to one in 2015. But to be able to charge your paying public an average of $61 more per ticket in just 4 years is crazy good - it’s an increase of 22% tour on tour.
                  I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                  And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                  Kate Bush - Lily

                  Comment


                  • LOL. You can't charge the same in arena and in a theater.

                    My God, did you decide to troll when you came back? Just because you write paragraphs doesn't mean your posts aren't transparent as hell. Is this your way of punishing the people for making you like LAP?
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                    .

                    Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                      LOL. You can't charge the same in arena and in a theater.

                      My God, did you decide to troll when you came back? Just because you write paragraphs doesn't mean your posts aren't transparent as hell. Is this your way of punishing the people for making you like LAP?
                      Actually you can - Barbra Streisand’s arena prices are notoriously high, and Madonna has sold many tickets in arenas higher than the MXT average ticket price.

                      Why is it you feel the need to insult when you can’t carry on a debate? Perhaps if you used paragraphs your points would be more eloquently presented with a bigger dose of coherence.
                      I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                      Kate Bush - Lily

                      Comment


                      • You're skipping from one point to another. I don't have time to dispute you as I know your MO. You just spin it again and makr up something new.

                        They did a tour they wanted to do, how they wanted to do it. It was a success. The tour average is great. You started by putting ticket prices that didn't count into the average as a way of showing how low average ticket price is. That's not how you lead a conversation by imputting pointless info that doesn't have anything to do with what you're trying to prove. From that point on you just started snowballing nonsensical comparisons and "facts".

                        If you thought Madonna was going to do 80 shows in Vegas to maximize tour gross, obviously you're troling as you well know as a fan that she won't ever do a Vegas residency as she has stated numrous times she despised the idea.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                        .

                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                          You're skipping from one point to another. I don't have time to dispute you as I know your MO. You just spin it again and makr up something new.

                          They did a tour they wanted to do, how they wanted to do it. It was a success. The tour average is great. You started by putting ticket prices that didn't count into the average as a way of showing how low average ticket price is. That's not how you lead a conversation by imputting pointless info that doesn't have anything to do with what you're trying to prove. From that point on you just started snowballing nonsensical comparisons and "facts".

                          If you thought Madonna was going to do 80 shows in Vegas to maximize tour gross, obviously you're troling as you well know as a fan that she won't ever do a Vegas residency as she has stated numrous times she despised the idea.
                          All I did was post the same price list I posted on price 2. Even if I posted some that weren’t included in the average, all average figures I’ve provided are based entirely on the public figures announced - so the VIP prices aren’t in any of the numbers I’ve posted.

                          I still standby the fact that I expected the overall average ticket price to be higher. I haven’t changed my mind on that and still think based on the prices, it should have been.

                          Madonna’s website did sell more than 10 tickets for $10 dollars at shows that weren’t sold out and they did email fans asking them to enter the ‘competition’ to ensure they could shift whatever was left over.

                          I never said Madonna should do a Vegas residency, I never said they shouldn’t have played Lisbon and I never said 99.9% of the things that you keep accusing me of.

                          I was having a mature conversation about where the actual profit and most profitable locations were on the tour. I’ve said nothing negative, nothing offensive, nothing untoward.

                          All you have done is taken offence at the fact I thought the average ticket price was lower than I expected and accused me of trolling and accusing me of saying things I never said, whilst insulting me instead of discussing: this is trolling.

                          Respectfully if you can’t have a mature conversation just step out of it. You don’t need to insult, twist comments or say someone said something that simply isn’t true. Madonna doesn’t need you to defend her, none of this is our money and none of it actually matters.

                          Don’t take it personally and try learning how to have a constructive conversation.
                          I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                          And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                          Kate Bush - Lily

                          Comment


                          • $10 tickets were a raffle. Maybe 2000 people participated and that was $20000 for those 10 tickets
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                            .

                            Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                            Comment


                            • Any news on when this boring tour will be released in any form?
                              I've only seen one MX show (the least for any of her tours since I started attenting her shows in 2006) and can hardly remember it by now.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                Any news on when this boring tour will be released in any form?
                                I've only seen one MX show (the least for any of her tours since I started attenting her shows in 2006) and can hardly remember it by now.
                                Probably 2022 at this rate - you know, celebrating her 40th anniversary in music by releasing a DVD of a show no one saw, on a format no one uses, of an album no one bought.
                                I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                                And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

                                Kate Bush - Lily

                                Comment


                                • The amount of seething in this thread lately...


                                  Last edited by beredy; Sat August 1, 2020, 20:04.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                  .

                                  Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                  Comment


                                  • According to a fan on Mtribe who knows someone that worked on the show, they're aiming for a pre-Christmas release.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

                                    Comment


                                    • will this ever get a release in any shape or form?

                                      Comment


                                      • I really hope so
                                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

                                        Comment


                                        • Madonna is also on my list of "must-see-concerts". Maybe next year I will catch up if she releases dates for Europe and the corona virus has calmed down.

                                          Comment


                                          • Angeman
                                            Angeman commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            She will go on tour in 2026

                                        • How did Madonna not make this Billboard list?

                                          THE HIGHEST-PAID MUSICIANS OF 2019

                                          https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...icians-of-2019

                                          The MX tour made ~$32M in 2019.

                                          #40 in the list made $15.4M. Surely Madonna made that in 2019?

                                          Comment


                                          • Didn't she say she didn't make any money/much money at one of her MX shows? Or maybe she didn't report how much she made.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                              How did Madonna not make this Billboard list?

                                              THE HIGHEST-PAID MUSICIANS OF 2019

                                              https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...icians-of-2019

                                              The MX tour made ~$32M in 2019.

                                              #40 in the list made $15.4M. Surely Madonna made that in 2019?
                                              This list is about profits, not box office. Billboard estimated 34% of the box office for the artists in the list.

                                              Madame X Tour grossed $33.5 million in 2019 in the US alone - 34% = $11.4 million

                                              Comment


                                              • ^Yes, I know. I thought she would have scraped the Top 40 with her publishing, etc...

                                                Comment


                                                • During her Insta livestream she said that they initially started editing the DVD a few months ago but then quarantine happened and put everything on hold but now they are working on it again. They still seem to be at the beginning of the process though but she said that she did see that we're waiting and asking for it.
                                                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X