Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angeman
    replied
    Those Instagram filters are not going to apply themselves.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post

In theory, yes. But for all we know the firm she hired had furloughed staff (or whatever it’s being called in other countries) or the contracts she had signed stipulated the footage had to be kept under lock and key onsite etc...

Basically we know it would have been a great way to spend lockdown but I can’t imagine Madonna would have been happy letting someone take the footage home to work on it.
    If only she did, the final product would've been better

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Quarantine was a perfect time for an editor to edit the dvd
    In theory, yes. But for all we know the firm she hired had furloughed staff (or whatever it’s being called in other countries) or the contracts she had signed stipulated the footage had to be kept under lock and key onsite etc...

Basically we know it would have been a great way to spend lockdown but I can’t imagine Madonna would have been happy letting someone take the footage home to work on it.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I mean...what else to do!? Lost opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    darn now it's more moths of waiting, oh well

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    I cannot wait to see this! Dont butch it up.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    During her Insta livestream she said that they initially started editing the DVD a few months ago but then quarantine happened and put everything on hold but now they are working on it again. They still seem to be at the beginning of the process though but she said that she did see that we're waiting and asking for it.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    ^Yes, I know. I thought she would have scraped the Top 40 with her publishing, etc...

Leave a comment:

• matheusbelmont
    replied
    Originally posted by thebigham View Post
    How did Madonna not make this Billboard list?

THE HIGHEST-PAID MUSICIANS OF 2019

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...icians-of-2019

The MX tour made ~$32M in 2019.

#40 in the list made $15.4M. Surely Madonna made that in 2019?
    This list is about profits, not box office. Billboard estimated 34% of the box office for the artists in the list.

Madame X Tour grossed $33.5 million in 2019 in the US alone - 34% = $11.4 million

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Didn't she say she didn't make any money/much money at one of her MX shows? Or maybe she didn't report how much she made.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    How did Madonna not make this Billboard list?

THE HIGHEST-PAID MUSICIANS OF 2019

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...icians-of-2019

The MX tour made ~$32M in 2019.

#40 in the list made $15.4M. Surely Madonna made that in 2019?

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    commented on 's reply
    She will go on tour in 2026

• stargazer_301
    replied
    Madonna is also on my list of "must-see-concerts". Maybe next year I will catch up if she releases dates for Europe and the corona virus has calmed down.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I really hope so

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    will this ever get a release in any shape or form?

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    According to a fan on Mtribe who knows someone that worked on the show, they're aiming for a pre-Christmas release.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    The amount of seething in this thread lately...

Last edited by beredy; Sat August 1, 2020, 19:04.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by maroon View Post
    Any news on when this boring tour will be released in any form?
    I've only seen one MX show (the least for any of her tours since I started attenting her shows in 2006) and can hardly remember it by now.
    Probably 2022 at this rate - you know, celebrating her 40th anniversary in music by releasing a DVD of a show no one saw, on a format no one uses, of an album no one bought.

Leave a comment:

• maroon
    replied
    Any news on when this boring tour will be released in any form?
    I've only seen one MX show (the least for any of her tours since I started attenting her shows in 2006) and can hardly remember it by now.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    $10 tickets were a raffle. Maybe 2000 people participated and that was $20000 for those 10 tickets

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    You're skipping from one point to another. I don't have time to dispute you as I know your MO. You just spin it again and makr up something new.

They did a tour they wanted to do, how they wanted to do it. It was a success. The tour average is great. You started by putting ticket prices that didn't count into the average as a way of showing how low average ticket price is. That's not how you lead a conversation by imputting pointless info that doesn't have anything to do with what you're trying to prove. From that point on you just started snowballing nonsensical comparisons and "facts".

If you thought Madonna was going to do 80 shows in Vegas to maximize tour gross, obviously you're troling as you well know as a fan that she won't ever do a Vegas residency as she has stated numrous times she despised the idea.
    All I did was post the same price list I posted on price 2. Even if I posted some that weren’t included in the average, all average figures I’ve provided are based entirely on the public figures announced - so the VIP prices aren’t in any of the numbers I’ve posted.

I still standby the fact that I expected the overall average ticket price to be higher. I haven’t changed my mind on that and still think based on the prices, it should have been.

Madonna’s website did sell more than 10 tickets for $10 dollars at shows that weren’t sold out and they did email fans asking them to enter the ‘competition’ to ensure they could shift whatever was left over.

I never said Madonna should do a Vegas residency, I never said they shouldn’t have played Lisbon and I never said 99.9% of the things that you keep accusing me of.

I was having a mature conversation about where the actual profit and most profitable locations were on the tour. I’ve said nothing negative, nothing offensive, nothing untoward.

All you have done is taken offence at the fact I thought the average ticket price was lower than I expected and accused me of trolling and accusing me of saying things I never said, whilst insulting me instead of discussing: this is trolling.

Respectfully if you can’t have a mature conversation just step out of it. You don’t need to insult, twist comments or say someone said something that simply isn’t true. Madonna doesn’t need you to defend her, none of this is our money and none of it actually matters.

Don’t take it personally and try learning how to have a constructive conversation.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    You're skipping from one point to another. I don't have time to dispute you as I know your MO. You just spin it again and makr up something new.

They did a tour they wanted to do, how they wanted to do it. It was a success. The tour average is great. You started by putting ticket prices that didn't count into the average as a way of showing how low average ticket price is. That's not how you lead a conversation by imputting pointless info that doesn't have anything to do with what you're trying to prove. From that point on you just started snowballing nonsensical comparisons and "facts".

If you thought Madonna was going to do 80 shows in Vegas to maximize tour gross, obviously you're troling as you well know as a fan that she won't ever do a Vegas residency as she has stated numrous times she despised the idea.

Leave a comment:

• menime123
    replied
    Originally posted by beredy View Post
    LOL. You can't charge the same in arena and in a theater.

My God, did you decide to troll when you came back? Just because you write paragraphs doesn't mean your posts aren't transparent as hell. Is this your way of punishing the people for making you like LAP?
    Actually you can - Barbra Streisand’s arena prices are notoriously high, and Madonna has sold many tickets in arenas higher than the MXT average ticket price.

Why is it you feel the need to insult when you can’t carry on a debate? Perhaps if you used paragraphs your points would be more eloquently presented with a bigger dose of coherence.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    LOL. You can't charge the same in arena and in a theater.

My God, did you decide to troll when you came back? Just because you write paragraphs doesn't mean your posts aren't transparent as hell. Is this your way of punishing the people for making you like LAP?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X