Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mainshow
    replied
    The Epica gig was brilliant - 1:45h+ in 5 different acts and we got two choirs (a children one and an acapella group for "Rivers"), some artists of the performing arts, dancers and a lot of pyro and other effects. I also loved it that they still made it look organic.

Also, it was lovely to get to see a support act ahead of this powerful set as well.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience!
    Sure! And thanks for replying <3

Yes, Marko's departure really hurts. As you say, we already had two huge changes in the band within a rather short amount of time with Tarja -> Anette -> Floor and every change also change the sound of the band a bit. Yes, I still adore them and yes, it's still Symphonic Metal, but it is different. As for Marko, he really has such an unique voice and those virtual shows really left me unsure about the future of Nightwish, because Marko is extremely missed. Unless they find another bass player who can growl and sing in a similar way as well, I'm not sure if Nightwish will ever be as good as they were previously. Just think of some fan faves like Romanticide, The Islander, High Hopes (cover) ... they all just worked with Marko.

I agree with you when it comes to Troy and am surprised most of the fandom actually seems to enjoy him doing vocals

I think I actually made a video of the Shoemaker performance, will check on that later on - and if I did, I'll try to send it to you over facebook

Yeah, I also bought tickets for the Within Temptation show. Not sure about Epica, may be a last minute decision for me, but definitely watch the WT performance which may end up even better with all guest singers (yes please Tarja!!!). But when I bought tickets to their show, I was surprised how cheap they are. Nightwish's shows were my first and only virtual shows so far and as a huge fan, I just paid the price without thinking about it too much - seeing the price for WT now, I'm shocked how expensive the NW tickets were

...I remain hopeful for their upcoming "real" tour to be honest. Did you already buy tickets for one of their shows, or will you skip that tour?

...also love to hear that HUMAN. :||: NATURE. has been a grower for you. It's my second most favorite album by them now, only behind Dark Passion Play.

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

Actually, I wanted to see the shows but it was heart-breaking to learn about Marco's departure. I mean, we've survived the farewells of Tarja and Anette but Marco's vocals kinda made Nightwish Nightwish despite all the changing female-led vocals.

Also, I thought that Troy might be taking over his parts and tbh, I think he shouldn't be singing in a band of such calibre at all. His voice is so damn generic and not interesting at all. He might be a very gifted and avid musician but his vocals are so off-putting. You probably remember that I wasn't so keen on his vocals in the NW's album thread... "Harvest" is my least Nightwish song of all-time and "How's The Heart" ain't a favourite of mine, either (even though I have grown to love the album.. but it's more due to Floor's flawless vocals and Marco slaying as well).

It's a pity I missed the performance of "Shoemaker". I would have loved to see that finale!

That said, I didn't buy tickets because of Troy's involvement as well as having to pay 45 Euros for both shows in the end (I think that's a bit expensive for a virtual show).
    Unfortunately, I missed the early bird tickets...

I bought tickets for Epica and Within Temptation's virtual shows, though.
    Epica was like 17 Euros and WT for 25 Euros (which are fine to me, though) - also, WT seems to have "guest singers from all over the world" (probably Tarja?) involved and Epica's show should be like 90 min + their biggest "production yet" (dunno if they will include a choir or anything).

Anyway, I am sad I missed Nightwish - I should have got these early bird tickets but I hesitated to purchase them because of Troy, tbh.

I hope they will get rid of him soon (as a vocalist) or find a new band member with an edgier and more distinctive voice for upcoming released.. otherwise, I think I will not even buy their upcoming record (just the Floor-tracks on iTunes?).

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Nightwish had two virtual concerts last weekend, one on Friday for the European market, and one on Saturday night mainly for the US market. I had access to both shows and saw them. They did an outstanding job with the visuals, I was impressed by the quality. It was my first virtual concert so it felt a bit awkward that there's no audience clapping / singing along, but the band themselves had the best time and it was so enjoyable seeing them "live" again.

They also presented their new bass player (or at least the bass player for the upcoming tour, not yet a permanent band member). Sadly, he's only playing the bass and doesn't do vocals like Marko did, so Troy did those instead and that was by far the worst part of both shows - Troy is just not a singer and he even "destroyed" songs like Noise, Tribal and I Want My Tears Back for me. On The Greatest Show On Earth, I didn't mind him that much, but Floor also took over some vocal parts from Marko.

Here are the setlists for both shows:

Virtual show #1
    Music (only intro)
    Noise
    Planet Hell
    Tribal
    Élan
    Storytime
    She Is My Sin
    Harvest
    7 Days To The Wolves
    I Want My Tears Back
    Bless The Child
    Nemo
    How's The Heart? (Acoustic)
    Shoemaker
    Last Ride Of The Day
    Ghost Love Score
    The Greatest Show On Earth
    All the Works of Nature Which Adorn the World: Ⅷ. Ad Astra

Virtual show #2
    Music (only intro)
    Noise
    Planet Hell
    Alpenglow
    Élan
    Storytime
    How's The Heart? (Album version)
    Harvest
    Dark Chest Of Wonders
    I Want My Tears Back
    Ever Dream
    Nemo
    Sleeping Sun
    Pan
    Last Ride Of The Day
    Ghost Love Score
    The Greatest Show On Earth
    All the Works of Nature Which Adorn the World: Ⅷ. Ad Astra

May give a picture how the setlist for the upcoming World Tour may look like.
    Shoemaker sounded absolutely brilliant and was a true standout - I was surprised they didn't do it on both shows. I was disappointed they didn't start with Music (the whole song), as only the instrumental intro of the song got played and then they moved to Noise. Fingers crossed they'll change that for the actual live shows, because Music sounds like a perfect concert opener (and has become my favorite song on HUMAN. :||: NATURE.).

Can't wait to see them live later this year

Leave a comment:

• BeatsGoesOn
    replied
    Hope to see them in Amsterdam this fall!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    ^ Thank you! I also keep my fingers crossed

I totally get you. The first half of 2020 should have been my busiest time so far when it comes to concerts; I already had tickets for so many concerts (WT & Evanescence, Avril, Sunrise Avenue, Camila Cabello, Rammstein, Halsey... to name some). So now I also avoid buying tickets too early (for example with OneRepublic). I just made an exception with Nightwish as I wanted the best seats

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Happy for you and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the event will take place.

I will probably buy a ticket or two a month before the date. Thanks to the current situation, I stopped purchasing any concert tickets.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Ah, they announced new tour dates and finally added Switzerland to their tour schedule

Just bought my tickets. Thank god I just saw the message, because tickets are already available. It will be on the 1st December. Not sure if that will happen (with the virus...) but I'm just glad there's at least a proper date in Switzerland for this tour, not just a festival. So the chances are high that if those dates get postponed, they will still come back to Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    It's weird how they are announcing some dates step by step and also put them out for sale step by step. I mean, they played two concerts in Switzerland on their "Decades" tour so they definitely visit Switzerland with this tour as well. They could have waited until they know all the dates and announce them in one step.

Anyways, the Dutch dates will be huge! Henk Poort will join them as well (as he only agreed on the "Phantom Of The Opera" cover with Floor on 'Beste Zangers' when he is allowed to join them on the Dutch concerts).

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    They definitely will add more dates and somehow a second date in the Netherlands wouldn't surprise me. If WT / Evanescence can do two concerts there then I wouldn't be surprised if Nightwish will do it as well.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I kinda wanted to go to the Amsterdam show, but it was sold out quickly, especially since Floor is part of some singing show where her popularity reached a new peak

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    started a topic Nightwish - World Tour 2020

Nightwish - World Tour 2020

Following their best of 'Decades: World Tour' in 2018 and a break from recording new material, Finnish Symphonic Metal band Nightwish will finally return to the music scene with a new album in 2020 - the follow-up to "Endless Forms Most Beautiful" from 2015. The band will also embark a new World Tour, having already announced five dates:

Latin America Leg
    05 MAI 2020 SANTIAGO, CL Teatro Caupolican
    07 MAI 2020 BUENOS AIRES, AR Luna Park
    09 MAI 2020 SAO PAULO, BR Espaco Das Americas
    10 MAI 2020 RIO DE JANEIRO, BR Vivo Rio

European Leg
    24 NOV 2020 AMSTERDAM, NL Ziggo Dome
Working...
X