Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by menime123
    This entire conversation started off simply by asking an objective question as to how viable touring would be for Britney if she toured every album whilst not producing hit material.
    Nope, this whole conversation actually started after I posted a nice comment about her by complimmenting her for pulling a good show in Glaslow, for looking great and for the good crowds over Europe.

People feel uncomfortable whenever Britney gets some credit these days and since my comment was positive some had to turn it around into discrediting whatever she was doing good (in this case the demand for the shows). If I had not posted a positive comment about her show this conversation would have not started.
    No, you feel uncomfortable when you believe Britney is being attacked when actually, people are just having a conversation about her long term touring prospects. That’s why you are unable to elloequently and objectively discuss on this forum.

No one has said anything bad about Britney but you only see negatives, which is a shame, as it stifles conversation that actually, could be quite interesting.

I mean, I even try to say she could have another hit because she’s in her 30s and I get shot down by a Britney stan telling me she can’t - you can’t win
    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
      No, you feel uncomfortable when you believe Britney is being attacked when actually, people are just having a conversation about her long term touring prospects. That’s why you are unable to elloequently and objectively discuss on this forum.
      Sounds like you were describing yourself in the Madonna threads

----

BTW, I'm curious .. At which points these concert goers actually sit down and analyze "I'm going to this concert because it is a Greatest Hits show" ..... How are people supposed to know what she's even going to perform if no one knows the setlist before the actual show starts?

...... Not every person that attends her concerts are hardcore Britney fans that are following her and checking her every day on internet and forums to know what she's up to or what is the setlist going to be .... Most of these people are just casual listeners, casual concert goers or even part of the GP that decided to attend a concert out of curiosity.

Britney pulled a crowd of +57,000 people in Israel last year and probably not even 1,000 had bought her last album, most of these people are not her fans and most of them have no idea what she's going to perform or what a "Piece of Me" is, for once I know she could have named the show "The Glory Tour" and used the exact same setlist and it would have been exactly the same for these people.

Of course people expect the hits on the shows, and going by that logic nearly every Tour by every artist is a Greatest Hits Tour, Justin Timberlake's last Tour is basically a GHs Tour with literally all of his hits included on the setlist ("Like I Love You", "Cry Me a River", "Rock Your Body", "Señorita", "Sexyback", "My Love", "What Goes Around..,", "LoveStoned", "Summer Love", "Until The End Of Time", Suit & Tie", "Mirrors", "Can't Stop the feeling", "Say Something") ....

75% of P!nk's last Tour consists of her hit songs.

Britney's "nostalgic" audience must have been so disappointed when they found out that her last album "Glory" was her most performed and represented album on the Tour (followed by "Blackout") and that the nostalgia eras (BOMT and OIDIA) barely represented 16% of the show. She's not even performing "Sometimes" or "Lucky"
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears | Piece of Me [Vegas Residency & 2018 Tou

I’m not going around in circles anymore, but everyone knows she’s simply taken her GH Vegas show on the road. She’s asking for £141 a ticket in the U.K. - people will have googled.

#FreeBritney

Comment

75% of P!nk's last Tour consists of her hit songs.

Britney's "nostalgic" audience must have been so disappointed when they found out that her last album "Glory" was her most performed and represented album on the Tour (followed by "Blackout") and that the nostalgia eras (BOMT and OIDIA) barely represented 16% of the show. She's not even performing "Sometimes" or "Lucky"
          I would say all her hits up till Circus have the nostalgic factor! Circus is 10 years old...
          Why would you only count BOMT and OIDIA?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCHoli
            I would say all her hits up till Circus have the nostalgic factor! Circus is 10 years old...
            Aren't BOMT and OIDIA eras literally the peak of Britney's nostalgia with all that innocent and virginal Diamond status bubblegum, teen pop approach?

Her first two eras are literally the solo counterpart of The Spice Girls first two eras.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Going to see Britney tonight! So excited! It's so great to be in London again.
              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Originally posted by SCHoli
                Aren't BOMT and OIDIA eras literally the peak of Britney's nostalgia with all that innocent and virginal Diamond status bubblegum, teen pop approach?

Her first two eras are literally the solo counterpart of The Spice Girls first two eras.

Ok! Seriously i had the laugh of my day when reading that description lol lol lol omg... seriously I think i might pass out now lol
                Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

• Hit tours from pop stars today are different from the hit tours from pop stars from ten years ago, where the majority of songs performed comes from a most recent album.

I remember when Madonna visited Manila, she had to sing "Crazy for You" on the second night. People may enjoy the theatrics accompanying the Rebel Heart album tracks but the nostalgia of performing the hit songs that everyone knows about cannot be disregarded.

Even P!nk's recent stadium tour consists of a lot of the big hits she had.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack
                    Hit tours from pop stars today are different from the hit tours from pop stars from ten years ago, where the majority of songs performed comes from a most recent album.

I remember when Madonna visited Manila, she had to sing "Crazy for You" on the second night. People may enjoy the theatrics accompanying the Rebel Heart album tracks but the nostalgia of performing the hit songs that everyone knows about cannot be disregarded.

Even P!nk's recent stadium tour consists of a lot of the big hits she had.
                    All artists did that, they performed every album which had hit tracks but most of Britney’s show is recent album will perform more.
                    Unlike linkin park that their fans still stuck only first 2 albums.
                    Gaga, her monsters loved first 2 albums more as well.

Comment

• Britney Spears leaves fans begging for more at Piece of Me show in London

All 20,000 seats in The O2 Arena were sold out with fans desperate to see the music legend in action on UK soil for the first time in years.
                      5/5

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/ ... our-Review
                      Last FM <3
                      Instagram

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears | Piece of Me [Vegas Residency &amp; 2018 Tou

I completely agree with the review! The concert was absolutely amazing because Britney was on fire yesterday. She had so much energy and the audience was absolutely incredible. The moment Britney went on stage, we got up and no one decided to sit down again. It was a huge party and we were all supporting her, cheering. It was really stunning. She is in such a good shape and place right now!

Hopefully, the concert today will be as amazing as the one from yesterday.

My hotel was playing only Britney songs yesterday (at the reception). That was so amazing as well! LONDON is in Britney fever!!!

Comment

• That black and white photo posted above is fierce!
                          Yay touch of my hand is back on the set list

Comment

• Throughout the show there was a genuine feeling that concert-goers were witnessing one of the 21st Century’s biggest icons.
                            ? Girls' Generation ?
                            ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia
                              That black and white photo posted above is fierce!
                              Yay touch of my hand is back on the set list
                              She didn't perform it yesterday.

Comment

• She can remove the "Touch of My Hand" part. "Break the Ice" needs a full song treatment, everyone seems to love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica
                                  Britney Spears leaves fans begging for more at Piece of Me show in London

5/5

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/ ... our-Review
                                  So nice to see Britney doing so good and getting such good feedback in Europe ..

Some of my favorite quotes from the review:

"Britney Spears cements pop icon status with epic London Piece Of Me show"
                                  "The pop superstar, who is currently dating Sam Asghari, proved she's still on top of her game more than two decades into her career".
                                  "All 20,000 seats in The O2 Arena were sold out with fans desperate to see the music legend in action on UK soil for the first time in years"
                                  "Beginning as she meant to go on, Britney showcased her stellar dance moves with high energy choreography and even higher heels".
                                  "Critics of Brit-Brit have accused her of simply going through the motions. . . However, if Friday night's show is anything to go by then the reality couldn’t be further from their claims".
                                  "Britney appeared genuinely pleased to be back on the road once more and gave her all after four years performing in Las Vegas".
                                  "Throughout the show there was a genuine feeling that concert-goers were witnessing one of the 21st Century’s biggest icons".
                                  "Britney is indeed stronger than yesterday and not going anywhere anytime soon".
                                  "Many come and go, but there’s only one Britney Bitch".

Comment

Can’t wait to see this tonight! First Britney concert

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
                                      Have fun!

If she does anything that isn't pre-recorded (even talking), be sure to record it for posterity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                        Originally posted by menime123
                                        Have fun!

If she does anything that isn't pre-recorded (even talking), be sure to record it for posterity.

I did the same last year with Celine

#FreeBritney

Comment

Well, you think you did - that's the beauty of Celine, you just never know.

Comment

Well, you think you did - that's the beauty of Celine, you just never know.

Don’t worry, I’m going into tonight with my eyes open... I’ve paid to watch, not listen

#FreeBritney

Comment

How much have you paid?

Comment

How much have you paid?

Grabbed resale tickets for £50 each (face value £141 each).

#FreeBritney

Comment

Pricey for what you get, but have fun - look forward to your review!

Comment

Well, it crosses her off the list. My first and last time anyway.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X