Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You two are so annoying in this thread. ^

anyway
    Can't wait to see reaction from tonight.
    UK makes her happy so much.
    Last FM <3
    Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica
      You two are so annoying in this thread. ^

Who follow this thread will see something different thatís so annoying (but I donít hate them just meh...).

Comment

• Decided I needed a siesta... woke up at 7.30pm

Just got here. My friends are so mad (Iíve been sent to the bar). Ah well, only Pitshit missed
        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Have a great night menime123 and the other ukmix posters going
          London is ready!

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
            Decided I needed a siesta... woke up at 7.30pm

Just got here. My friends are so mad (Iíve been sent to the bar). Ah well, only Pitshit missed
            It's not like ya gonna miss a great vocal performance like is it? Will only be lip syncing all the way through.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
              Well, it crosses her off the list. My first and last time anyway.
              Why do you go there then? :/
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by wave
                Originally posted by menime123
                Decided I needed a siesta... woke up at 7.30pm

It's not like ya gonna miss a great vocal performance like is it? Will only be lip syncing all the way through.
                You can be sure nobody goes to a Britney Spears concert expecting live vocals let alone great vocal performances. The shade in this thread keeps getting dumber and dumber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica
                  Originally posted by menime123
                  Well, it crosses her off the list. My first and last time anyway.
                  Why do you go there then? :/

I LOVE Britney. But am I hell paying to see her dance to the same vocals twice.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears | Piece of Me [Vegas Residency &amp; 2018 Tou

Well Iím home but Iím supposed to be throwing a party (I snoozed earlier, so Iíve got everyone else sorting food and drinks whilst I have 10 minutes to myself) so Iíll just post a few thoughts:

1. The crowd was INSANE
                    2. Britney was decent. Girl never stops.
                    3. It was quite short - just under 90 minutes
                    4. Scream & Shout got HUGE cheer - clearly folk were unaware it was an interlude.
                    5. Couldnít work out why she has a live band, unless they mine too?
                    6. Technically a great show
                    7. But the backdrop videos were sort of lazy
                    8. Setlist almost works.
                    9. It starts incredibly strong. Sort of drops in the middle (like most shows) but the ending doesnít quite get it back to the same of brilliance as the opening section
                    10. Whatís the point of the catwalk? She doesnít use it.
                    11. RYLAN was her Freak and nobody couldnít quite believe it. I knew from the glow of his teeth (true say).
                    12. She didnít know him (also true say).
                    13. WHO IS IT was epic.
                    14. Her costumes are strange - she just puts stuff on over the top of a standard costume here and there.
                    15. MATM - everyone sung Madonnaís part. I sang it the best.
                    16. My feet are killing me.

Iím glad I went but I donít feel the need to go again. I was gutted when I took my seat and look at the floor - when tickets went on sale I turned block A, row S... which would have put me front row of the catwalk. Iím glad I refused them now though - she doesnít use the damn thing.

You could hear the audience throughout - so loud. Except for the Glory stuff, which was the Ďtake a seatí moment for a lot of people.

My mind did wander in the middle a bit, and I tried to think how she could build on what she does. Thereís a few things I would suggest that could improve the overall production, but itís not a bad show in the slightest as it is.

I stand by my comments that people are there for the hits. I donít think sheíll ever do the 3 year album tour cycle again, but just roll this out every half a decade or something. Itís very Vegas because itís so hit heavy.

Could I be tempted back? Maybe in a decade, when she dusts off all the old costumes, re-learns the original choreography and calls it ĎClassic Britneyí. People clearly want to re-live their childhood and I see no reason why Britney couldnít recreate her iconic videos and looks on stage. Itís very Cher, but very Vegas and sounds rather fun.

Iíd probably go then.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Another amazing atmosphere. I had worse seats than yesterday but I had the feeling that the atmosphere was even more electric and energetic this time. People are really there for Britney. Our block was singing alone to everything, also the "Glory" tracks and we had been on our feet for the whole show.

Britney doesn't interact much with the audience but there were indeed some slight changes. Yesterday she kind of did a "which part of the arena screams the loudest part" thingy but it got scrapped this time. The band DOES play live and one can actually hear it qite well, especially the guitar and Piano parts.

Today, I skipped Pitbull (even though we went inside for a second to see him live) and decided to grab a beer with some fellow UKmixers to chat about the show and what we have to expect (finally they got some craft beer (it was out of stock yesterday) and we all have been impressed. The videos on YouTube don't do her justice... Of course it's all about the atmosphere, her being a legend and people wanting to hear the hits but she still delivers.

Can't wiat for tomorrow! 3 is a Charme!
                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• I loved the IID interlude with all the TVs. They should have made that the intro, with the Chris Cox mega mix or something.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Iíll tell you the glaring omission from this set list - Overprotected. Everyone lost it when it got played in Soho last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller
                            Iíll tell you the glaring omission from this set list - Overprotected. Everyone lost it when it got played in Soho last night.
                            That's what I said to my company as well. "Overprotected" was the only "iconic and classy hit" missing.
                            "3" and "Hold It Against Me" would have been amazing as well because they are great sing-along tracks.

Did you go to a Britney themed party?

Comment

• Iíd have preferred ILRAR

I am so hung over this morning though

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Ok so firstly I want to say... Sven (Mainshow), it was great to meet you as always. I always laugh so much around you. Miss you already and we really have to meet up again soon!

Now I know I havenít always been too positive about the show, but I had the time of my life last night. It was such a moment to be there. I was so close to the stage, had an amazing view of Britney and the show.

What I loved:
                                - the crowd. Wow. I donít think Iíve ever seen a crowd jump, go off and scream like that. Everyone was there to party and to celebrate a pop icon. No one was sitting down the entire show. What an amazing atmosphere.
                                - the setlist was great as well. Only song I really missed was Overprotected. And I wouldíve loved to hear Touch Of My Hand as it is my all time favorite Britney songs. My favorite part was the Stronger/Crazy part. Such nostalgia.
                                - Britney looked incredible and very happy. She was smiling throughout the show and never was I under the impression she didnít want to be on stage. Her body is banging and her costumes looked actually much better in person.

Slight negatives:
                                - being the pop icon she is, Britney deserves a more high quality show. With Britney you would expect a shitload of props, fireworks, flames, stagelifts etc. That was really missing. Also the entrance was just there, while in the past she always had amazing ones. The lack of props and show elements was the only small complaint I heard from other fans while exiting the arena.
                                - without props, the stage looked really empty sometimes. Like you can see where the props are supposed to be. Thatís why some songs didnít work well. These were mainly Scream & Shout, Boys, Do You Wanna Come Over and the start of Toxic.

However this are two minor complaints I had for the show. If she could bring the production value of her previous tours to a next show, she would definitely be serving her best tour since Onyx.

What surprised me:
                                - her dancing. Obviously itís not near prime level but watching it as a whole looks so much better than in a YouTube video focusing on her only. You really have to see her with her dancers.
                                - the show in general (even without the props) looks much better in person than on YouTube or Instagram videos.

- the addiction of her band makes such a difference. It really brings some of her songs to life. For example the guitar in Piece of Me and Do Somethiní sounded so great.
                                - I was super surprised how big of a crowd reaction Do Somethiní got. It was actually one of the songs where the crowd was the loudest during the show. Everyone was jumping and screaming along. Such an amazing moment.
                                - the Stronger/Crazy segment looks soooooo much better in person. I know some people here are not too fond of it, but itís good they never cut it. Itís such an energetic part of the show and the choreo actually doesnít look that bad live. It was the audienceís highlight as well judging from its reaction! Pure nostalgia!
                                - her hair touching was not bad at all and she actually wore her hair loose more than I thought she would. Thought it would just be in a ponytail the whole time. Also her energy was great and she was much more fluid and flexible than I thought she would be. Yeah the choreography is not great but looks good live. Can you imagine if she actually got good choreography.
                                - you guys know I donít like Clumsy, but the performance of the song was actually one of my highlights. The choreo was very energetic and cute.

All in all I had a blast and would go to a Britney show/tour without a doubt. This was soooo much better than the Femme Fatale Tour. Now I feel like I have really seen Britney. I danced, sang, screamed, drank and it was amazing. I wanna go back!

Go see this show yíall. If anyone is (following me) on Instagram, you can check out my Instastories for videos of the show.

Two pics of me, Anthony (Fan) and Sven (Mainshow) :

"I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Noah, I more or less agree with all of that! I actually got a tad annoyed at her constantly touchingly her hair, but I think itís clearly some sort twitch she has - be it tightening her ponytail or just moving her fringe. I let it go, but youíd think sheíd do something else if itís such an inconvenience from the get go

Work Bitch entrance should have just been Britney walking - no music- from the back of the stage to the end of the catwalk on her own. Even that would have been a stronger start than just appearing randomly in a corner.

The crowd reaction for Stronger was huge. Itís my favourite Oops song but I never realised how loved it actually was! It really brought some needed energy at that moment in the show, but I thought doing an edited version of it, an edited version of Crazy and then an edited version of TTWE was ruined it ever so slightly - full versions with something else thrown in (maybe a WB reprise?) could have elevated the ending into something even bigger and better.

I agree on the props. If she ever wants to start actually dancing less (rather than going through motions) but still perform, she needs them. She can add a narrative of sorts, add a tiny bit of theatre into each number and it would probably revitalise it a bit for her too. At the moment sheís dancing each number, but I think the older she gets she needs to move into performing each number.

The Missy Elliot bit makes no sense. Hell she even mimes along to Missyís vocals

I do think her musical directors need applause for finding ways to update each song without Britney offering new vocal deliveries for each. Basically they are re-producing songs in a live context using studio vocals... which makes me think for her 25th anniversary we need a remix album where her songs are completely re-interpreted (so not necessary a remix album like what she already has, but something like MJís Xscape).

I find it hard to pick an overall favourite moment though. Itís probably Work Bitch, because the absolute roar from the crowd, combined with the high energy sound and performance just works. I love the amount of time she has in the show for ITZ and BO (even if Freakshow fell flat).

The show serves as a strong reminder that Britney honestly has the strongest back catalogue of any of her peers and no matter what is said, you canít take that away from her. I donít think sheís interested in being a popstar anymore (certainly not since 2007) but I think sheís very happy to continue performing. I just hope that if she is goingto go down the road of being in Vegas and performing such catalogue intensive shows, she recognises - and figures out a way - to generate some newer hits. Because it would strengthen and enhance such a show imo.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Its pretty interesting reading your reviews, I'm glad they are positive and also objective and sincere showcasing the points you liked and the stuff that needs to be improved.

Overall and even without the props it seems like it was a much better show than "The Femme Fatale Tour" (performed 7 years ago). I'm here for all the improvement she's had and I'm convinced that if she starts from 0 and creates a brand new show for her next venture it will be even better than "Piece Of Me".

Can't wait for her next album and her next brand new dazzling Vegas show (that will turn into her next Tour in a few years).

She loves the UK, the feedback's been really good and the crowds have been great. Great success for her right now.
                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncť . Rihanna

Comment

• Glad you guys had great time. Everyone is spreading positive words
                                      Last FM <3
                                      Instagram

Comment

• Thanks for the interesting reviews

But don't know why everybody wants Overprotected in the setlist
                                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• I feel like Stronger & Crazy definitely had the strongest audience reaction in Berlin as well.
                                          ? Girls' Generation ?
                                          ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears | Piece of Me [Vegas Residency &amp; 2018 Tou

******* amazing again. Almost sold out.. Didn't see any empty seats at some point, tbh. She was fierce and on fire again. She was very comfortable on stage and we had so much better seats tonight. Again. Everyone was standing all the time. It's crazy how much the audience loves "Do Somethin'"

Comment

• Iím so glad you all had an amazing time on this tour. I love reading reviews (from both sides) because this time I can feel how, once the people has embrace the idea of Britney doing playback, people is really here to enjoy the show and have a lovely night.

Man, I picked almost the last date and the waiting is killing me
                                              BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

• So she killed it 3 times in a row in London's 02 Arena?
                                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncť . Rihanna

Comment

• Okay, first of all, it IS true that the show is 1000 times better in person. It was my first time seeing Britney and I couldnít have asked for a better experience!

Britney came on pretty early (8:58) and that was a plus as I was too hyped to wait another 15-30 minutes. After Pitbullís set people were sitting, going out for drinks, etc. and then as soon as the lights went off, everybody went insane! Iíve never seen anything like that before.

The opening costume is absolutely gorgeous in person; itís so sparkly and fits her (perfect) body so well! She had so much energy during Work Bitch and pretty much the whole show. The good sis was FEELING it! People say she looks anxious and like she doesnít want to be on stage but she looked genuinely happy and like a total super star to me.

It has to be said - nobody gives a shit about her hair fixing or any of her Ďticksí (which were minimal tonight, honestly). The crowd was living for every moment and the things we drag while watching videos on YouTube and Instagram really donít matter when youíre there! Nobody cares that she lip syncs, nobody cares that prop X was missing, and nobody cares that she touched her hair and did that one step a second too early. Sheís in top shape and more than makes up for her shortcomings with her charisma, energy, iconic hits and yes, her dancing.

The neon section actually goes off live. We all drag the performances on the daily but the light game and the lasers look insane in real life. The crowd was absolutely living for Scream & Shout and surprisingly Do You Wanna Come Over too. Even Boys and the Missy medley had everybody on their feet.

I was expecting people to sit down during the Glory songs, but everybody was singing/dancing along or at least bopping! I was around many flawless stans so that might be why, but it made me so happy that I wasnít the only person going crazy over Clumsy, Make Me or Do You Wanna Come Over (as well as other album tracks). The bass is INSANE during Do You Wanna Come Over, it had the whole arena shaking!

It has been said before but the atmosphere is beyond beautiful. There is so much real love for her, and being in the same place as so many stans feels and of course, a living legend, feels...surreal. Sheís absolutely beautiful in person (and so little too!).

People drag her for being lazy but she really works hard and never stops no matter how bad some of the choreo is. The moments where sheís not dancing or moving around are minimal!

My only complaint is that the show is indeed too short. And I donít know if itís just me but her vocals sounded a bit pitched at times (which I donít mind, I just thought it was funny).

Work Bitch, Break the Ice, Oops!... I Did It Again, Me Against the Music, Gimme More, Do You Wanna Come Over, Make Me, Breathe on Me, If U Seek Amy, Stronger, Crazy and Till the World were the highlights for me. Iím so sad itís over but Iíll never forget this amazing night.

PS: Pitbull went off too and the crowd was stanning. And the arena was absolutely packed (I remember people saying his show was flopping).

Comment

• Wow @Instinct I didn't know you were from the UK ... and first time seeing Britney? I can't imagine how special it must have been for you to be there.

I'm so glad for you. You were blessed by seeing the Queen in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X