Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back to UKMIX!

Welcome back!

The upgrade went without a hitch (a minor issue with the passwords - on the subject of passwords, if you're having trouble signing into your account, please clear your browser cache and try again) - thanks to Dave for all his help.

Now, first thing you'll have noticed is that the layout is a bit different - eventually, we will have a new logo for UKMIX and the default theme will move to blue and white but until then, I've tried to do a version of the orange UKMIX that a lot of people liked and you are free to use that (and this will still be available after the default theme is changed for those who wish to keep it). I'm on the look out for someone to create us a logo, if anyone knows a person, please let me know.

I think the most signfiicant benefit you will immediately notice is just how much better the new software is on mobile - please do give it a go! You have access to the full range of formatting options and the software is compatible with different screen sizes - this is very important as more than 60% of those who access UKMIX do so through their mobile device these days.

Have a look round! I appreciate that it might take some time for some of you to get used to the software but it's here to stay - therefore, please raise any issues you see in a professional manner and I'll see if I can fix them.

Snagging List

Please let me know if you spot any issues, I'll add them to here and work through them.

I recognise that there is an issue with historic mentions - I will look into whether we can fix that. There is a tagging system in the new software that comes as standard - just use the "@" symbol as normal.

Private messages not visible pre May 2019.

Well well well, here we come! This looks 2020 fresh!
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I can't see my inbox post last May, it looks like they've been deleted?

Comment

Nice! Looks very clean

I've noticed some avatars were missing, mine too
        Last edited by AndiIversen; Sat January 18, 2020, 14:45.

Comment

Welcome back!

Will need to get a bit more into the new design. It's weird to have something new again, but first look seems nice!

Thanks so much for all your work, Wayne!

Comment

Looks nice, thanks for the hard work Wayne!

I'm trying to see more than 10 threads on a page but so far doesn't allow me too.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Looks nice, thanks for the hard work Wayne!

I'm trying to see more than 10 threads on a page but so far doesn't allow me too.
              This has been increased to 50.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenN17 View Post
                I can't see my inbox post last May, it looks like they've been deleted?
                Will add to the list and look into it.

Comment

What happened to signatures?

Comment

Glad we got an update, as I'm always for newer stuff. But on the first look everything is too big and spread out. The previous version seemed more compact and cleaner.

Also it would be good if we could see who posted the last post in a thread. It doesn't say so now.
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

The size of the letters are so small on the forum pages.

Comment

Loving it! Looks great (and runs so much quicker!)

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                          Glad we got an update, as I'm always for newer stuff. But on the first look everything is too big and spread out. The previous version seemed more compact and cleaner.

Also it would be good if we could see who posted the last post in a thread. It doesn't say so now.
                          Agree. Especially the banner. So huge it takes all of my phone screen lol.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I just logged in via my laptop (as I always do). I'll have a look around.

Is there an app to download for mobile phones?
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

My favorite way to read and post was to go to "new posts" on top of every page. Is it still there somewhere?
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

It looks great on mobile!
                                music.is.life.is.music

Comment

In the Latest Posts part of the firts page not all posts appear... Is there a way to set it so all new posts are there?

I am liking the new features, specially the Like button
                                  VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                                  ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

There's also a glitch with notifications. When you click and see the notification, then click on it it takes you to the message/post/mention/whatever, but the notification balloon still remains and won't be removed unless you click again. Then it will take you to the notification area which is empty (because you already checked it) and then the red balloon will be finally gone.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                      My favorite way to read and post was to go to "new posts" on top of every page. Is it still there somewhere?
                                      Yes, this is what I always used. I hope it makes a return because it's obviously not there anymore. The Latest Topics at the bottom isn't nearly the same experience.

Comment

So the first problem was that I couldn’t log in for an hour now. It kept telling me that I used the wrong password when that wasn’t the case.

Unfortunately I don’t like the new layout (so far). I really liked the old one and I thought it was (almost) perfect. I hope that it will grow on me though and I appreciate all the work you put into this forum, Wayne,

However, I do like the fact that emojis are more accessible for mobile users now.
                                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Yeah this new updated version on the mobile will take some time getting used to.

But thanks Wayne for all the hard work, and its great that Ukmix is back up so soon!! <3
                                          You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Thank you, Wanye!
                                            trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                            trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Thanks from me too Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                What happened to signatures?
                                                I found it. There's a setting for it in user settings - there's a check box on the account tab to show signatures. Not sure why this is deselected by default?

Comment

Like others have said, this will take some getting used to, as is the case with most changes, but many thanks for the effort, Wayne!
                                                  Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Working...
                                                  X