No announcement yet.

Welcome back to UKMIX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so I already noticed something about the views on Sunday, so I tried to check it out yesterday and it really looks like there are WAY less views than previously?

One of the most popular topics among views (getting several thousands views a day previously) only got less than 100 views in the last 24 hours for example.

Comment

• Always grateful that I can use UKMIX for free but This new version is almost impossible to use from my iPhone, it doesn’t fit the screen, everything (buttons, text) is huge and I’m afraid I’m going to have to bow out because it’s taking me three times as long to read anything as it did with the original desktop version.
      I’ll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Comment

• Is it possible to delete or hide "Last edited by" thing ?
        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          Always grateful that I can use UKMIX for free but This new version is almost impossible to use from my iPhone, it doesn’t fit the screen, everything (buttons, text) is huge and I’m afraid I’m going to have to bow out because it’s taking me three times as long to read anything as it did with the original desktop version.
          Some posters have made similar comments to this but nobody is providing me any examples of what they mean - there are no issues for me whatsoever and actually, the experience is vastly superior to what I used to have (I use an Apple device). Can you please provide me a print screen of what you mean, along with what you're using to access the forum? (device wise).

Comment

• In the previous version, you had the option to go to the last post of a topic you've subscribed to.... that option is gone now :(
            Is it possible to bring that back?
            -Mathias

"It's the moment you think you can't, you'll discover that you can" - Céline

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Purportedly, yes - you click quote on each post and you should then notice a "Post Reply" option in an orange box appear at the top left (if you're posting on desktop) when you've finished quoting.
              Oh OK, yes that works ! Thanks, Wayne!

Also, do you know if there's any way to turn off the email preview feature? Probably for most people, it's a good thing to have, but I have times I prefer to avoid reading a PM (like for the FSC).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                Ok, so I already noticed something about the views on Sunday, so I tried to check it out yesterday and it really looks like there are WAY less views than previously?

One of the most popular topics among views (getting several thousands views a day previously) only got less than 100 views in the last 24 hours for example.
                wow, i'll see what happens in January's Hot100 then.
                For my analysis, in 2019 the number of views were really high in some cases. The average per reply in 2018 was 60 but in 2019 was 85, and that's why I updated the hot100 formula so 85 views = 1 point.

Now that you point this out, I'll pay extra atention to how views performed, although january is a mixed month between old version and new one.
                VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk

PLAY UKmixPARADE Choice Awards @ Personal Charts

CHECK
                The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo + Deconstructing Leo 2.0 @ Personal Charts

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  Some posters have made similar comments to this but nobody is providing me any examples of what they mean - there are no issues for me whatsoever and actually, the experience is vastly superior to what I used to have (I use an Apple device). Can you please provide me a print screen of what you mean, along with what you're using to access the forum? (device wise).
                  When you enter, let's say the Songs forum, there's a lot of dead space and the buttons are way too big for the screen. It's unintuitive and makes the site awkward to use (at least from my experience on iOs).

You can't even see the first topic without scrolling, which makes the experience unpleasant compared to other popular music forums and the old mobile layout.

Wanted to put the images in spoilers, but I'm not sure how to yet.

The site froze twice while trying to make this post, and I sometimes get a 'working' sign at the top when something isn't loading (at least on Chrome).
                  late.

Comment

• I literally spent 10 minutes looking for the login button and if it wasn't for my sister I wouldn't have been able to spot it.

Please add the country back in the profile.
                    Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• The “working” button is a prominent feature for me too, sometimes it just falls over.

Comment

• I also got the "working" tag just now whilst trying to post in the songs forum. It seemed to freeze too as if it was struggling to post my comment - this wasn't happening last night though? I was expecting another double post (as was very frequent before the upgrade) so i closed down Safari, went onto a different website (i know sacrilege! ), came back on here after a few minutes and my post was there. A bit lame that i had to go on another website for 5 minutes then come back onto UK Mix but this is how i tried to avoid those nuisance double posts.

Comment

• can we please get New Posts back?
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• One thing I like about the new version is that mobile users can finally see polls again. I always had to switch to the desktop version to see a poll.
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Sorry if this has been answered already, but how to view topics I have posted in? There used to be a simple link to it

Comment

• Originally posted by rundmck View Post
                                Sorry if this has been answered already, but how to view topics I have posted in? There used to be a simple link to it
                                To view topics you have posted in click on your user name at the top right of the page and choose "My Recent Posts". The option shows topics not posts.

To view posts: again, click your username. Choose My Profile -> About -> scroll down to Links and choose Find All Posts

Comment

• I cannot open a lot of threads including my own in the personal chart, I only get a grey background and nothing more ???
                                  You Bube Music: http://www.youtube.com/user/DurBube

@SBube

Comment

• ^
                                    User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options: Post per Page
                                    Select forum default. Shouldn't this work, then select any number.
                                    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Originally posted by RalphyS View Post
                                      I cannot open a lot of threads including my own in the personal chart, I only get a grey background and nothing more ???
                                      Same here.
                                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                        ^
                                        User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options: Post per Page
                                        Select forum default. Shouldn't this work, then select any number.
                                        Oh, this worked! Thanks!
                                        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• do i really have to go to the thread's main page to go to its last page?? it used to appear from the outside.
                                          Last edited by NoAngels; Thu January 23rd, 2020, 19:23.
                                          Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngels View Post
                                            do i really have to go to the thread's main page to go to its last page?? it used to appear from the outside.
                                            Click on two arrows pointing east in a blue rectangle to go to the last post. That will get you to the last page. If you click on two arrows pointing down inside a blue circle nest to the thread name if will take you to the last unread post in the thread.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Oh boy... I barely got used to the last change after months and months, this is overwhelming again.
                                              last.fm

Comment

• Hi! Long-time lurker but I guess it's finally time for me to sign up and start posting.

I just wondered if there would be any plans to fix the chart histories sticky thread since the upgrade. It's an invaluable resource, but now all the hyperlinks are broken and it's nigh on impossible to find a chart history...

Also, I'm really sorry for having to stick a link to my site into my post - but I can't seem to reply to anything without having to add a valid hyperlink to my post? Happy for it to be removed...but if I click "Remove Link", I can't save the post without putting a different hyperlink in.
                                                Last edited by cantstopthepop; Fri January 24th, 2020, 01:04.

Comment

• ^
                                                  Both issues are known bugs and have been added to the to-do list. Thank you for your patience.
                                                  trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                  trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Happy New Year Wayne. Know you work hard at this...Hopefully, people viewing & participating on mobile are having a better go of it. Are complete system overhauls undertaken every year? I'd only joined last year & that was right about the time of that system overhaul, too. Within the space of a month or a couple of weeks, I'd learned 2 operating systems. Now this a year later. Going to be a work-in-progress/patience.

Originally posted by StephenN17 View Post
                                                    I can't see my inbox post last May, it looks like they've been deleted?
                                                    I couldn't multi-quote for this post, as I think there was another entry I'd read which also applied to me that I wanted to include, but I was auto-linked into reply box immediately upon clicking on quote option. I recall w/last year's upgrade there were bugs to be worked out, and I know with sight/design that's just a matter of adjusting & time. Very plain w/out much color contrast between middle section (white) and borders (palest light peach/sand). Avatars appear to be much smaller, too; though I'm grateful it's still there at all. Of more importance, my subscriptions are gone.

After some time, I located notifications at top of page, far above the main block of text. Took me a bit to find where it was. Learning process. Have to scroll through thread pages individually (?) - that will be unwieldy on pages numbering over 10.

Thanks for the time & effort you put in here, Wayne. Hope you are feeling at least a bit better.
                                                    Last edited by AlmostGold; Sat January 25th, 2020, 12:43.
                                                    ​If in the after life there is no music, we will have to import it ~ Domenico Cieri Estrada

Comment

Working...
                                                    X