Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKMix Hall of Fame Awards

Guys

Had an idea. Why don’t we start a UKMix Hall of Fame where various awards are given to long-standing members in various categories.

Historic Milestone Awards - all those achieving posts in 50000s
    (based on posts)

UKMix Hall Of Fame
    (awarded for that specific year to a single person - decided and voted by moderators)

UKMix Long Service Award
    5yr
    10yr etc

UKMix Special Contribution Award
    Voted by “seniors” on here (10 or more years)
    Can be awarded to multiple people if need be

Award can be free premium for a year.
    Maybe some other categories you can think off.

The idea is to award long service, long-standing members that are well integrated into our community. Generally likeable by most long time users.

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Great idea and I'm totally here for that!

Comment

I guess I’ll be getting the tokenism award.
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Great idea.Ukmix has been home to many of us for many years so it's always great to appreciate those who contribute to this place being what it is

Comment

Really like this idea! It'd be good to have some sort of reference point for the community stalwarts.

Comment

Yes. So even if they leave after being awarded, there is a special page dedicated to them. It’s like our “walk of fame”
            Stars and all

abi Our homeboy is good at graphics and stuff
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
              Yes. So even if they leave after being awarded, there is a special page dedicated to them. It’s like our “walk of fame”
              Stars and all
              This sounds nice. We already miss some great members.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

That’s the vision. For future gens and members to see the legends over time

Comment

Y'all better give mj dangerous his things.

Comment

I like this, there are a number of posters who I think deserve recognition in this space - the first that comes to my mind is Hanboo who had the first million-viewed topic in UKMIX history with his famed Chart Histories topic.

I could spin this off onto its own webpage within UKMIX if there's a desire for us to do this - any thoughts on how we'd decide?

Comment

I relaly like this idea!!

I think Preyoncé's initial posts quite sets the bar:

Historic Milestone Awards anyone surpassing 50000 posts directly get it
                      UKMix Hall Of Fame: nominees based on last year activity (threads created, posts)
                      UKMix Long Service Award: mention those turning 10 yrs / 20 yrs etc, but I'd say they should be active atm of award
                      UKMix Special Contribution Award: interesting, although I don't know what will mods choose, it may be a tough choice! Maybe there should be 5 nominees and then open vote?

then I think one inductee should be the winner of the annual Members countdown...

And probably include Early Influencers (members no longer active but that have surpassed a specific amount of posts and defined part of UKMIX legacy). This can also be decided by Mods.

I am open to support this in any means, tallying votes, preaparing drafts/visuals (here my english should be checked by others...) or just voting
                      VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                      ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

There are so much legends on UKMix, which deserved to be a part of Hall of Fame.
                        CZB, kingofskiffle, Wayne, Blondini, matthew_dixon and many others.
                        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                          I like this, there are a number of posters who I think deserve recognition in this space - the first that comes to my mind is Hanboo who had the first million-viewed topic in UKMIX history with his famed Chart Histories topic.

I could spin this off onto its own webpage within UKMIX if there's a desire for us to do this - any thoughts on how we'd decide?
                          Own web page is fantastic. There are so many legends gone from this website that even while they are here, it’s wonderful to note their contribution. o
                          i think it should be an annual event (around Grammy time). We can also encourage other younger members with a “Special Contribution to the UKMiix Community” etc. To encourage other younger Mixers to further contribute to this site.

I might be brave by saying that the big award for the year should be called “UKMix Homecoming Lifetime Achievement Award”

Other awards:
                          UKMix Best Newcomer Award (mods decision, based on registering in last year and contribution to music discussions and site . NOT based in number of posts But minimum of 500 posts).
                          UKMix Family Choice Award (mods decision, based on members that are generally likeable by the community)

Comment

Working...
                          X