No announcement yet.

Important - Password Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could any administrator please contact me via PM? Changing the password and my e-mail adress unfortunately doesn't work for me :( .
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post
      Just tried to change mine. "You do not have a valid password configured for your account."

Using "forgot my password" every 180 days is probably not a good idea.
      I wonder if this has anything to do with the browser you're using. I tried changing my password using Google Chrome and that was a multi-dud fail, but when I used Opera, the change was pretty smooth.
      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [Starting soon]

Comment

Everyone should first update their email address to one they are currently using by going into their Settings - Account tab.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
          Everyone should first update their email address to one they are currently using by going into their Settings - Account tab.
          It doesn't work...
          When we lose what we love
          Don't think anything will ever taste the same
          When we lose what we love
          Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngel View Post

It doesn't work...
            Oh, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              I just wanted to give you all the heads up that as part of increasing account security for our registered users, all registered users at UKMIX be required to change your passwords in the coming days - I'm introducing a new Password Policy as part of a wider review of security at the site and following advice from our web hosts.

Why are we being asked to change our passwords?

If you have any questions, please let me know.
              Thanks Wayne, your the best!

My problem had been that the E-mail address I used to make my account nearly 15 years ago was one I have not used in over a decade and I can't remember it. So I could not reset my password at all. I E-mailed Wayne and within 3 minutes he responded with a solution using my current E-mail address and a minute later I had a new password and was finally back into my account!

I hope everyone is able to resolve any issues they are having.

Thanks again Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post

PM Wayne here or send an e-mail to: wayne@ukmix.org
                I sent 2 e-mails to him and 1 additional e-mail to Ukmix explaining one issue that I have with my original account (MrLeonix) and I never received a reply.

Comment

I had an issue with the password and e-mail change and Thriller helped me with it. Thanks again for that!
                  Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                  and everything you stand for?
                  Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                  just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonixKing View Post

I sent 2 e-mails to him and 1 additional e-mail to Ukmix explaining one issue that I have with my original account (MrLeonix) and I never received a reply.
                    I’ve PM’d you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonixKing View Post

I've responded to every email that's been sent to the wayne@ukmix.org email address - as everyone who I've dealt with will attest.

However, I've just checked the spam folder and there's loads of emails in there. For some reason, your email address has gone straight to spam! I'll respond from there now.

Comment

I'm going to push this back 1 month to give people longer to resolve their issues.

The vast majority of issues that are arising here are where people have dormant email addresses on their accounts - please make sure that your current email address that you have access to is the one you use for your UKMIX account as you will otherwise struggle to make use of the password reset functionality.

If you're struggling to update your email address on your account, please let myself or one of the other Administrators know and we will change it for you.

1 month for everyone to get their user details updated and correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                          Soooo, If i click on forgot password it doesn't sent me an e-mail to the reigstered adress (which I can also see on user Seettings). If I try to change my password via user settings it says "You do not have a valid password configured for your account." despite the fact that it's the one I've been using since 2008 Which means I can also not change to another mail adress. Lucky my web browser leaves me logged in because I cannot access Ukmix via phone now.
                          Long story short: It won't accept my old password any longer but also doesn't send me an email via the forgot password function (yes i tried multiple times and checked the spam folder). Is there any way to change this?
                          I wonder if BeeBoy is still experiencing the same issue because he seems to have not logged in since then. This was one of his last posts.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

I wonder if BeeBoy is still experiencing the same issue because he seems to have not logged in since then. This was one of his last posts.
                            We exchanged emails a couple of days ago and I fixed this for him - he’s definitely got access to his account.

Comment

Actually, I’ve just checked and he asked me to update his email address for him which I did, but nothing to do with his password. I’ve sent him a password reminder email just in case.

Comment

Maybe you can do a poll and see if users actually want this? There's hardly any personal data hidden in the profile. The worst that can happen with someone hijacking an account is spam and troll.

This would literally be THE only page to ask for regular password changes. I think it's a bit too much. Especially if the system is broken a bit as even people with proper mails they still use have trouble changing password and logging in it seems.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Actually, I’ve just checked and he asked me to update his email address for him which I did, but nothing to do with his password. I’ve sent him a password reminder email just in case.
                                  Thank you. It worked for me now. Don't know what was wrong with my other Email address. I was on vacation too so I didn't have the time to solve anything until now
                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

This is an extremely inconvenient change. I mean what happens to members who no longer have access to the e-mail account that they registered their UkMix account with? It personally took me hours to remember which e-mail I had signed up with, and almost as long trying to remember the password for that account to finally access it so that I could reset my password here. It's ridiculous.

Comment

I've responded to every email that's been sent to the wayne@ukmix.org email address - as everyone who I've dealt with will attest.

However, I've just checked the spam folder and there's loads of emails in there. For some reason, your email address has gone straight to spam! I'll respond from there now.
                                      Hey Wayne, I just sent you an email

I still haven't got an email in order to change my password

Comment

Hey Wayne,

I sent you a couple emails about my regular account “MsWeiss” but haven’t heard back. I might be in the spam folder.

but I don’t remember my email for MsWeiss and can’t reset my password. Could any admin PM me for some assistance?

Comment

Done. Totally forgot original password though
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Crikey - asking people to change their password twice a year seems totally excessive. Even my bank and people I have other financial dealings with doesn’t do that. It’s bad enough trying to keep track or remembering existing passwords on a variety of accounts so changing twice a year and coming up with something that is secure yet memorable is a real pain. I can see password requests going into overdrive.

Comment

Stupid password thing came up. The option to change it doesn't work and so had to do a password reset.
                                              Twice a year seems silly. Why not make it once a year for subscribers and when you need some more money from us, you change the password again. It would be a very slight incentive to subscribe too!
                                              Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

I still haven't changed my password. Hoping Wayne will change his mind about this.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                  I still haven't changed my password. Hoping Wayne will change his mind about this.
                                                  Not changing my mind, but absolutely take on board the feedback around how frequent it should be and how inconvenient it is.

Will give it some thought before forcing the change.

Comment

Not changing my mind, but absolutely take on board the feedback around how frequent it should be and how inconvenient it is.

Will give it some thought before forcing the change.
                                                    Once every five years?
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I just had a thought, how about just having two passwords that you alternate between every time you need to change it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Postgenic View Post
                                                        This is an extremely inconvenient change. I mean what happens to members who no longer have access to the e-mail account that they registered their UkMix account with? It personally took me hours to remember which e-mail I had signed up with, and almost as long trying to remember the password for that account to finally access it so that I could reset my password here. It's ridiculous.
                                                        All of this.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X