New sub forum for music industry/business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sub forum for music industry/business

Id love to have a new sub forum for all music industry and business related topics!

For example:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=135413

These topics dont fit neither into Music nor into News nor Technology. We are a music board so I think its fair to have a dedicated thread for the business, as we are talking about Charts too!
    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Re: New sub forum for music industry/business

Hmm I feel like this sort of thing fits under general music discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by KokoCollino
      Id love to have a new sub forum for all music industry and business related topics!

For example:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=135413" target="_blank" target="_blank

These topics dont fit neither into Music nor into News nor Technology. We are a music board so I think its fair to have a dedicated thread for the business, as we are talking about Charts too!
      I love that idea
      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

^

Originally posted by Thriller
        I have to disagree. People there are music lovers and I feel like business/commercial/industry related topics are more putting off to them. I don't think talking about the commercial part of music fits there.

What do you guys think?

Comment

I can't imagine it warranting a big enough sub-forum personally.

Comment

I get KokoCollino's point; these topics really get lost in the General Music or News sub-forum, but i still have to agree with Spartan as i don't see enough people caring for these kind of topics enough to warrant a completely new sub-forum.

Comment

In my opinion, there is already too many sub-forums...so much so that topics can genuinely be shifted between several sub-forums.

If someone is interested in music discussions, for example, there are at least six sub-forums to choose from while a topic related to streaming can fit either into the Internet & Technology sub-forum (Eg. TIDAL, Spotify), General Music Discussion or even Chart Analysis.

Comment

No, to Chart Analysis and against a new sub-forum.
                General Music and Technology fit the best.
                trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                  I'm inclined to agree - either GMD or the Chart Analysis forum dependent on the story.

I'm not inclined to make any changes at the moment, though always appreciate suggestions for improvement.

Comment

Thanks for the good discussion

Comment

Working...
                    X