• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartlocked
    Originally posted by Marchum
    MCMIX is coming...
    Yassss!
    Originally posted by Kaloki
    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Erotica
      I don't want many changes though.
      The changes that come as standard should only serve to enhance the user experience - the basic premise of UKMIX will remain as it is now, though not everything will be precisely the same. We can address and specific issues once we're live.

Originally posted by Goldmoney
      Yíall allow gifs and iPhone emojis, yíall get my coins
      I'll be steered by the UKMIX community on this one - along with feedback on relaxing the content rules, I'll ensure that we get clear feedback on this when we run the next survey.

Originally posted by ludichris
      Will these changes affect the loading speed of the site? I browse and post via mobile 99% of the time and this site loads a lot faster than it's peers. That's why I like it so much. It also has class and grace that you can't find at other places.
      Good question, and I hope not - I do anticipate some teething issues though early on, but we'll iron these out. The reality is that UKMIX still gets between 20-25 million page views per year, so we won't know what the impact is until the impact happens.

For those that access on their mobiles, there will be a choice of style (either access the full site, or access a much slicker mobile version which is super fast but won't have the same design).

Originally posted by Top10
      If you let me express a different point of view about the software - phpBB is better than the kinda 'heavy' vBulletin in functional aspect. The first one is faster while the components are loading and has got simple, user-friendly design. However, it usually causes problems if it has to be modified somehow. I hope the new system will solve some issues with longer posts including embedded videos because some browsers block for about 10-15 seconds or just crash.
      vBulletin is a "heavier" software, no doubt - but UKMIX has a very basic design (which we're carrying over), so it shouldn't be too different. Once modifications are added, the loading speed might slow - and it goes without saying that prior to making any changes like that, these things will be properly considered.

Originally posted by RayRay
      Will all topics be saved or will we lose our posts?
      Good question - topics, posts, private messages and passwords should all carry forward.

However, I will not be transferring avatars over - on the new UKMIX, I want everyone to have avatars of 200 x 200 pixels - nothing less, nothing more (so that the pages look neater), so we'll start afresh.

Comment

or e.g. the three Dua Lipa fans might wish to create a Dua Lipa fans group),

Shade detected
        Iíll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Comment

Originally posted by WaitYourTurn
          or e.g. the three Dua Lipa fans might wish to create a Dua Lipa fans group),

Shade detected
          He's waiting for aRat to respond.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Re: Changes to UKMIX

Thanks for all the work you are doing on this, Wayne

I am excited to see the changes, and a $12 fee is fine for me.

Vote for songs for the UKMix 2010-2019 Female-Led Singles Countdown by Jan. 31!
            152nd FSC - Quezon City,Philippines
            Cheapthrills' Cheap 40 OF 2019 - #5-#1

Comment

Imma make a gofundme page to take donations so that someone can pay for my premium account no way imma get my clean money all dirty by contributing to this directly
              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Buy me a few drinks when i visit Vienna and we can call it even
                Originally posted by SummerPeur
                Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                Originally posted by Goldmoney
                So does her microphone

Comment

I had a dream last night that the UI colors changed into green/yellow instead of blue/orange. Whew I really need to spend more time outside.
                  Urban/R&B Album of the Year_2019 (deadline: Jan 26)

Comment

Originally posted by SummerPeur
                    Buy me a few drinks when i visit Vienna and we can call it even
                    Deal
                    Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

Canít believe UKMix is 20 years old. And Iíve been here for almost 15, that scares me personally even more haha

Even tho Iíve been quite absent in the last few years due to personal issues, I usually take at least a quick read every day and as a person that always love changes, Iím super excited to see whatís ahead!

Thanks Wayne, Lars, Matthew and everyone else thatís been working so hard, endlessly and tirelessly through the years to keep this board healthy and safe, may we continue to cherish this community for a multiple of 20 years more <3
                      Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

I can't believe that UKMix was 20 years old. I'm happy to congratulated its important, historical milestone from UKMix.

Despite UKMix forever remained in changes until now, I'm very excited for more UKMix surprises and new UKMix features coming your way as soon as possible. I can't wait for it!

Thanks Wayne, Lars, Shane and Matthew for being did a great and amazing jobs during its successful first 20-year period of UKMix!

Happy important, significant anniversary from UKMix!

Comment

About Time they Change it.

The board is slowly dying ....more and more.

Too many good members left too
                          Maybe they should also make a new Design. A new color ecr
                          YOU cant blame nobody but YOU

Comment

I say that with the new update all the previously banned members are unbanned and itís a new start for the forum

We want theArmy back
                            Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

Originally posted by MusicRecords
                              We want theArmy back
                              I donít think theArmy would come back even if he had the option
                              Fiat 500

Comment

Looking forward to the new changes, thanks to everyone who has continuously worked on maintaining and improving this site!
                                last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                  We want theArmy back
                                  He was a rat anyway.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                      Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                      We want theArmy back
                                      He was a rat anyway.
                                      Stop trolling

*formal warning*
                                      Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

That will give you an idea of some of the benefits, but it's by no means exhaustive - I'm still working on an exhaustive list but I anticipate that the by being a Premium Member (in addition to supporting with keeping the forum going), you will have around 40 or more features that will enhance your user experience. As a Standard Member, you will still be able to do everything you can do at the current UKMIX.

I also wanted to show you what the posting interface looks like as it's much better:

You have the option of writing the post with it formatted as you write it or keeping it basic like current UKMIX, where all the formatting options appear in their written BB Code.

Exciting!

Comment

Yooooooo

Comment

Not those awful emoticons I hope though

Looking forward to being able to block certain members. Although it could make counting survivor votes tricky in some instances.

Comment

I can ignore all those unabating Kween trolls for once.

Comment

I think it would be nice if there was some sort of indication (through color or symbol) that a user is a premium member. Just kind of serves as kind of an advertisement for premium. I've seen it on other sites and think it's a nice gesture to the people who support the site.

Vote for songs for the UKMix 2010-2019 Female-Led Singles Countdown by Jan. 31!
                                                152nd FSC - Quezon City,Philippines
                                                Cheapthrills' Cheap 40 OF 2019 - #5-#1

Comment

For premium economy accounts, will there be a limit as to how many people you can block?
                                                  Asking for a friend

Also, will there be extra warnings for those members? would suck to pay $12 only to get banned the next day...I'd sue Ukmix for all 12 pence it's worth and get my $12 back, I need to pay bills babes
                                                  Follow Me On Instagram

#KING

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills
                                                    I think it would be nice if there was some sort of indication (through color or symbol) that a user is a premium member. Just kind of serves as kind of an advertisement for premium. I've seen it on other sites and think it's a nice gesture to the people who support the site.
                                                    Agreed, I plan on having either a ďVIP MemberĒ banner or a ďPremium MemberĒ banner somewhere above or below the username.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X