Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, this went by quicker than expected and what a fabulous job! I realised what a huge part of my life UKMIX has been, I was checking the site several times each day but was happy enough lurking until today, the eve of the lunar new year holidays.

Thanks guys for the excellent work! Loving this new/old look.
    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
    Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• When will the premium membership be open for everyone? I already saw someone being a 'premium member' but thought it's not open yet?

I need more storage for my inbox

Comment

• I really like the update; Good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

I need more storage for my inbox
          I deleted loads of inbox messages as it was full. It took me some time, but I can receive messages again.
          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I'm working on it at the moment and while it's cool to read a few old messages again, it's so difficult to choose which I delete. I already deleted over 200 messages and am still above 500...

No idea what the restriction on 'old UKMix' was but I'm surprised there are so many messages in my inbox... (Well, the ones I sent also count now, I guess that wasn't the case previously)

edit: Oh, there's still a 5000 characters limit. Is this for everyone or will premium members be able to send bigger messages? That's very important for me
            Last edited by Tansike; Mon February 4th, 2019, 20:29.

Comment

• Who are you writing novels to?!
              THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• ^ I usually prepare a lot of things for my personal charts (and comments for others) at home and send it to myself so i can post it while being at work or vice versa. Since there are some very long comments here and there it's easy for me to start with something, send it to myself as message and continue when i have time again.

Same with YEC updates, survivors, ACA topics and stuff like that. I don't use the same station all the time sometime even some computers or stuff from others, so it's easy to do it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                  edit: Oh, there's still a 5000 characters limit. Is this for everyone or will premium members be able to send bigger messages? That's very important for me
                  I've increased this.

The limit at old UKMIX in terms of PMs was 250 PMs in the main inbox + up to 5 folders with 250 PMs in each.

Comment

• Thank you so much!

Comment

• So I've noticed that in Advanced Reply window Topic Review is a bit messy visually. Usernames bleed into the post. When there is some formatting in the post it's not that striking, but when there is plain text it does look confusing. Would it be possible to make a line or change the color of the username to make it a bit more visually distinguishing? Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

I have received many gifts from God,
                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Wayne, what have you done to the mobile version? lol

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Sorry, was playing about with the (VERY) limited style settings we have for the mobile style, I've changed it back now.

Comment

• This might be the dumbest question ever lol, but how do you mention someone in a post?
                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• [MENTION=25744]Noahh[/MENTION]
                              ˇEh, mamá!
                              Me quiero matar
                              El mundo se va a la mierda
                              Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• "@" immediately followed by the person you want to mention (no spaces) e.g [MENTION=25744]Noahh[/MENTION]

Comment

• [mention=35806]dossome[/mention]

Comment

• Ah cool, now I get it. It's just that when I clicked on "preview" it didn't become a mention yet, so that's why I wasn't sure.

Comment

• POW!!

Comment

• Thank you so much!

Comment

• Is it possible to add non-English letters (for simple ž from Lithuanian language) in the title of thread ?
                                          My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• request for MORE smilies please

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                              I've increased this.

The limit at old UKMIX in terms of PMs was 250 PMs in the main inbox + up to 5 folders with 250 PMs in each.
                                              It looks like when I quote someone, it grabs only their quote and not any nested quotes? - like here it just got you, Wayne, and not you quoting Tansike. Is that part of quoting gone now?

EDIT: Also, how do you flag a post ?- was going to flag the spam on the 2nd post here: http://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php?...t-Archie-Clark
                                              Last edited by cheapthrills; Tue February 5th, 2019, 16:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                It looks like when I quote someone, it grabs only their quote and not any nested quotes? - like here it just got you, Wayne, and not you quoting Tansike. Is that part of quoting gone now?
                                                Yeah, seems like this is gone. I haven't seen one nested quote used on the new UKmix. I'd figure if this was an option somebody would have figured it out already

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

EDIT: Also, how do you flag a post ?- was going to flag the spam on the 2nd post here: https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...t-Archie-Clark
                                                  Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                  Yeah, seems like this is gone. I haven't seen one nested quote used on the new UKmix. I'd figure if this was an option somebody would have figured it out already
                                                  This is why there's a multi-quote function - it should work in similar fashion, and looks a lot tidier.
                                                  [MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION] - you should see a triangle on the bottom of the post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                    This is why there's a multi-quote function - it should work in similar fashion, and looks a lot tidier.
                                                    Yes, but it actually isn't the same, no? I mean a multi quote looks more like you're quoting multiple not necessarily related posts and making a single reply to them all. The way quote previously worked made it clear it was a part of an ongoing conversation.

But it's not a big deal. We can live without it.

Comment

• I think we're all sufficiently welcomed back now, and issues are now being flagged across two different topics.

So to keep this concise, I'm going to lock this topic and would advise further issues to be raised in our Helpdesk:

https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...UKMIX-Helpdesk

I plan to work through the posts in here to pull out outstanding issues and also to help build an FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                                      X