X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back to UKMIX!

Welcome back to UKMIX!

If you're reading this, you've clearly found your way back to UKMIX - that old proverb of you don't know how much you miss something until it's gone has really hit home for me personally in the 5 days we've been offline! Cosmetically, the site hasn't changed too much (those changes will come in due course though - we are now able to modify styles for e.g.), but there are significant changes to functionality:

• The ability to insert tables into posts.
    • The ability to use different fonts and an increased selection of smileys.
    • The ability to upload attachments.
    • The ability to type your post in both plain text and html.
    • The ability to embed an increased number of social networking sites.
    • Quick reply now automatically updates without the need to refresh the page.
    • Auto-save functionality (dependent on browser) when making posts.
    • The ability to tag users.
    • The ability to ignore users.
    • The ability to create groups.
    • The ability to use the user profile functionality.
    • The ability to create and maintain blogs.

** Please note - some of the above functions, and many of the new functions are Premium User functionalities only **

And so much more! I'll let you all discover for yourselves but if you come across something not obvious or worth a share, please post in this topic so that other users can see!

Some points:

• I've reworded our rules and guidelines, I'd strongly advise everyone to read over them by clicking here. There are changes to our warnings/banning system - please refresh yourselves so you understand what is expected of you.
    • Avatars haven't transferred over, as I mentioned over at old UKMIX - at the moment, the system doesn't provide for me enforcing a minimum sized avatar (only maximum). However, I would like avatars to be consistent and uniform across the site - as a reminder, that means everyone must have a 150 x 150 pixels avatar - please make sure you comply with this when uploading yours. If I spot any that don't, I'll remove them.
    • Private messages haven't transferred over in folders - instead, they've transferred over directly into your inbox. Therefore, if like me you like a tidy inbox, you'll need to work through your inbox to re-categorise everything. Annoying, but minor all the same - at least the messages have come over!
    • The Premium Users functionality is set up - I'll be publishing details very soon!
    • There are currently no banned users - what this means is that if you reading this as a former banned user, the door is open for you to make a return to UKMIX. My only ask is that you pick up with me privately via PM beforehand.

Any queries or feedback, please post in here - I'm actively looking for feedback on functionality or cosmetic issues with the site, there might be many bits that have been missed. Please post them in here.

hello!!!!
    Going home now to reconect here, glad this is back. I see the site says Not Secure, something can be done for that?

Thanks Wayne for all the hard work!
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk

PLAY UKmixPARADE Choice Awards @ Personal Charts

CHECK
    The Leo Chart + Deconstructing Leo + Deconstructing Leo 2.0 @ Personal Charts

Comment

Wow the site looks awesome! Great work Wayne!!!
      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

yeah thanks for making the change, looks promising.

is it just my connection or the site works very slow?
        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Hello, again. It looks as neat as i remember back in the autumn as a tester. Got some catching up on "chores" to do...
          Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

[MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION]... not sure if the tagging works, is it premium?

Auto-save just flashed up!

The new “busyness” of the forum main pages will take a little while to get used to but so far so good. Good to be back!

Can’t wait for all the banned members to come crawling back!

PS. Can’t see any emojis on my iPad?

Comment

yeah thanks for making the change, looks promising.

is it just my connection or the site works very slow?
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

The site is very slow for me also, will do some investigating.

Comment

OK tagging does work!

Yes it’s very slow for me too guys, so far.

Comment

Thank goodness for the Twitter account giving us updates. So good to be back online again.

I also find it's running slow but it's only been back online for an hour so I can live with this (for now lol). If it started logging me out by itself I'd be more gutted with something like that. lol

Looking forward to experimenting with these new features too. Big thanks to Wayne, Lars and everyone else who have worked tirelessly to make this happen.

Comment

Yeah it's also very slow, but glad it's back! 😊

Comment

well hello gheys
                        Beauty is a must, Talent is a plus: DUA LIPA ♪ RIHANNA ♪ BEYONCE ♪ THE WEEKND
                        #NO DUSTY DIVAS OR XMAS FADS ALLOWED (EXCEPT MADINO)

Comment

Welcome to the 21st century UKMix! Everything looks so sharp, well done guys.

Can't believe how much I have missed this place. Guess I am hooked.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Great work on getting it all up and running again! Major congratulations on all your hard work.

Comment

Seems to be quicker now?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                Seems to be quicker now?
                                yeah works much better for me too
                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Can the survivors forum be made visible again from the main forums page?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                    Seems to be quicker now?
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Question, there used to be a "view your posts" button. Is it gone?
                                      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                                        Me too. Why am i missing those cute yellow smilies already?

Comment

Wooo!!! )

Comment

This is super nice!!

Good work

Comment

Just testing the “rate this thread” thing...

Comment

Great work, UKMix team!!! Everything looks great
                                                KYLIE MINOGUE

Comment

Great work and thanks for coming back! I missed this place so much <3 Looks great!
                                                  When we lose what we love
                                                  Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                                  When we lose what we love
                                                  Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Working...
                                                  X