Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Thread Titles

Welcome back, everyone!

I am still working through the ins and outs of this new site.

Does anyone know how to edit an existing thread title?

Directions would probably be helpful to others as well!
    "And keep reaching for the stars...." Casey Kasem RIP 1932-2014

On the forum display page, double click next to the end of the topic title and it lets you edit the title.

Comment

I must be missing something-- what do you mean by "forum display page"? I tried several places and it didn't work.

Comment

Click on the forum that lists all the topics (for e.g. Front Desk) and double click next to the end of the title (don't click the actual title though) - a white box should appear giving you the option of editing the title (there was previously a time restriction, which I've just removed). Alternatively, you can do it in the topic.

At the top of the OP:

Administrative > Edit Thread > Proceed > Edit Thread Title

Comment

Forgive all the annoying questions--

I now see the white box and edit the thread title. However, when I push enter to try to change the title, it reverts to the old title.

Second, the box "Edit Thread" doesn't appear in that menu (at least in my thread). It is a thread from 2014 if that helps

Comment

Can you edit the title of this topic?

Can you link me to the topic you're trying to edit the title of?

No stupid questions Dustin - ask away, important we hash them out for the benefit of everyone!

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I do this a lot, so I am just trying to get the hang of php's method:

http://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php?...9-January-2019

This is my chart thread. I am trying to change it to Week 4: 26 January 2019

Comment

Originally posted by tdc2000 View Post
                Thanks Wayne. I do this a lot, so I am just trying to get the hang of php's method:

http://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php?...9-January-2019

This is my chart thread. I am trying to change it to Week 4: 26 January 2019
                Works for me, so might be a permission setting. I've made then change for you for now.

Can you edit this topic title?

Comment

Thanks for changing it....

Nope. Still reverts to the old title.. weird.

Comment

I can't figure out this either
                    Floped and localed

Comment

Also don't work for me.

Wayne, please fix it or just change the title of my thread.
                      The correct title in artist forum must be YVA (not Yva), because it's an abriviatura.
                      Last edited by LastDreamer; Sat February 2nd, 2019, 09:15.
                      My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).

Dreamer, you must to visit Lithuania and see/listen a live concert of your YVA strawberries.

Comment

When I double click you see the box to edit for a short time and then it's like you clicked on the title once and you get into the topic, so I am doing something wrong.
                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                          When I double click you see the box to edit for a short time and then it's like you clicked on the title once and you get into the topic, so I am doing something wrong.
                          I had the same problem. You have to double click next to the title, not on the title itself.

I can change the title but I'm not able to save it.
                          My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

same here i can't save it
                            Originally posted by Benny View Post
                            I had the same problem. You have to double click next to the title, not on the title itself.

I can change the title but I'm not able to save it.

Comment

Can you check now please? I'd set the time limit on editing titles to 0 (zero) thinking that disabled the time altogether, it doesn't - so I've set it to a really big number. For those that need help, to edit your post - you can basically double click anywhere on the relevant topic title-bit that's highlighted in black and it'll let you edit the title.

Attached Files

Comment

It's finally working!
                                My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Is there a way to edit titles while on mobile? It's very important for my future as a survivors host.
                                  Floped and localed

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity View Post
                                    Is there a way to edit titles while on mobile? It's very important for my future as a survivors host.
                                    Incredibly frustrating, and I can't for the life of me think why this is, but you cannot do this as a Standard Member! It makes no sense to me - will see if it's possible to do with some custom coding.

Comment

Thanks so much for this!

Comment

1. Click on Edit Post
                                        2. Go Advanced
                                        3. Edit Title
                                        4. Save Changes

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                                          1. Click on Edit Post
                                          2. Go Advanced
                                          3. Edit Title
                                          4. Save Changes
                                          'This page isn't working appears' after clicking 'Go Advanced'.

Comment

Link me to the topic in question - there is a cached time limit on editing posts, if the topic is old the title might not be editable without me adjusting the global setting first.

Comment

Hi Wayne, the option you presented where you click at the side of the title works well for me.

Comment

Working...
                                              X