This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Users Function - Now Open!

We'll continue to tweak forum issues as they arise, but I feel like now's a good time to launch our new Premium Users functionality!

What is the Premium Users functionality?
    It is a non-mandatory option for those that use UKMIX to enhance their forum experience by accessing either brand new features or enhancements of existing features! The cost will depend on the currency option you select but we'll initially be working with 3 different currencies (British Pound Sterling, Euro and US Dollar).

What is the cost of this new functionality?
    The cost for the current year - our launch year - is as follows:

£12 for UK users
    $15 for International users
    €14 for European users

That will entitle you to 365 days of the functionality.

Why are we having a Premium Users functionality?
    Historically, UKMIX has been funded by a combination of Google Ad Sense and the previous site owner's personal funds. And whenever capital investment has been required - such as when we required a new server a few years ago - we've relied on donations. As part of assuming ownership of UKMIX, I wanted to approach things differently - I could ask for donations to keep the site afloat but I don't think that's sustainable, nor structured enough. Therefore, I wanted to offer a Premium Users functionality - funds will be used to support with keeping the site going for many years to come. So really, it's about offering something in return for your support, rather than nothing!

We'll look to keep this list fresh, with new features added on a regular basis.

What does a Premium Users membership get me?

• A "Premium Member" user rank.
    • Access to a private members only forum, with very relaxed rules.
    • Able to place other users on an ignore/block list.
    • Able to view who’s read a topic.
    • Able to manage tags on own topics.
    • Able to add tags to other users’ topics.
    • Able to upload attachments (50mb limit per user).
    • Able to download attachments.
    • Increased private message storage of up to 10,000 messages (vs. 500 for Standard Members).
    • Ability to track private messages via the “read receipt” facility.
    • Has permission to send PMs to those users whose inboxes are already at their quota.
    • Able to email up to 15 users at a time (vs. 5 for Standard Members).
    • Able to post events in the site calendar (subject to moderation).
    • Able to set a custom title (will need to contact an Administrator to arrange this).
    • Increased signature length (up to 750 characters).
    • Increased avatar file size (1mb limit).
    • Able to set self to invisible mode, thus not appearing as "online".
    • Able to see who left reputation and why.
    • Able to create increased number of social groups (up to 5 vs. 1 for Standard Members).
    • Able to change username once per year, during designated month.
    • Able to open new topics in our Mariah Carey forum, “MariahMix”.
    • Increased user profile picture size (up to 1mb vs. 300kb for Standard Members).
    • Increased photo album quota (up to 25 photos and 5mb worth of photos).
    • Can delete own posts (by exception, shouldn't be used routinely).
    • No longer subject to the "Last Edited..." comment when editing posts.

How do I purchase premium membership?
    For those that wish to purchase premium membership, please find instructions detailed below:

Settings > Under "My Settings" - Select Paid Subscriptions > Under "Premium Users" - Select Your Currency and Click "Order"

You'll then be redirected to PayPal, where you can make your payment.

This process should be automated, but if you experience any issues, please message me directly so I can support with resolving them.

Sent money, still a standard member. Scam!

j/k I assume the payments take a while to process and premium functionality will unlock later?

Comment

I've since learned that I have to approve the payment - isn't that nifty?!

Once I've approved via PayPal, vBulletin processes the upgrade - I've done it for you.

Be appreciated if you look at the list above and where possible, let me know if something doesn't add up?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        I've since learned that I have to approve the payment - isn't that nifty?!

Once I've approved via PayPal, vBulletin processes the upgrade - I've done it for you.

Be appreciated if you look at the list above and where possible, let me know if something doesn't add up?
        Thanks, Wayne. For a second, I thought something had gone wrong.

EDIT: I couldn't figure out how to view who's read a topic and I didn't want to create 5 groups just for fun, but all the other premium features worked for me. The maximum signature length is actually 1000 characters (rather than the 750 characters advertised).
        Last edited by Rihab; Tue February 5th, 2019, 01:28.

Comment

Take my coins, sis. I visit this site daily, I’m more than happy to help a bit to keep it running

Great job Wayne, your dedication is much appreciated.
          BLΛƆKPIИK is the revolution

Comment

Done .

For anyone who is Australian, the exact amount is 21.25$.

Gosh our conversion rate sucks.
            Originally posted by SummerPeur
            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
            Originally posted by Goldmoney
            So does her microphone

Comment

Originally posted by JeyBeMust View Post
              Take my coins, sis. I visit this site daily, I’m more than happy to help a bit to keep it running

This.
              Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

[MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] I think I lost my mod status when I upgraded nnnn
                late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                  @Wayne I think I lost my mod status when I upgraded nnnn
                  Check the mods forum

Comment

Originally posted by SummerPeur View Post
                    Done .

I've just done it and $21.25 is still pretty good for a year, plus it's always nice to help out a forum we all use so much!

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits View Post
                      Check the mods forum
                      mean
                      late.

Comment

mean
                        Are you unable to view it? Wayne left a message in there to explain it

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits View Post
                          Are you unable to view it? Wayne left a message in there to explain it
                          yeah the mods forum doesnít exist for me right now welp
                          late.

Comment

yeah the mods forum doesn’t exist for me right now welp
                            Should be fixed.

Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                            EDIT: I couldn't figure out how to view who's read a topic and I didn't want to create 5 groups just for fun, but all the other premium features worked for me. The maximum signature length is actually 1000 characters (rather than the 750 characters advertised).
                            With the signature length, I've allowed 250 extra characters to cover your BB Code usage

I've also reviewed the permissions of the Who's Read a Topic feature - the forum settings were overriding the global and user based settings, this should now be enabled for you - it should look like this:

Originally posted by SummerPeur View Post
                            Done .

Apologies for this, it's even worse on the UK end!

Comment

[MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] no need to apologise at all. Happy to pay the amount due to the amount of work you’ve done to keep the community alive and with a fresh platform. Was merely just giving an FYI to the other Aus Peeps .
                              Originally posted by SummerPeur
                              Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                              Originally posted by Goldmoney
                              So does her microphone

Comment

So happy for this! Will be interesting to see how many people will get a premium membership.

(Side note: I should have waited with cleaning up my inbox... xD)

how can I see who read a topic?
                                edit: Nevermind, I saw it.
                                Last edited by Tansike; Tue February 5th, 2019, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by JeyBeMust View Post

My sentiments exactly.

Comment

I am completely broke this month, I will buy it next month, good price tho!
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Will be doing this sortly.

Comment

Here I come, premium biotches.
                                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Sent my coins
                                          Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Joined.

I don’t get what’s happening with images... [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION], I tried to rectify my Jessie Ware survivor because the images for the rounds had disappeared so I mistakenly uploaded attachments, deleted them, uploaded from a url but it now just shows a link?

Comment

So I paid for mine earlier today, how long does it take to activate or do I have to click/verify somewhere?
                                              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

[MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION]
                                                Would you please update the mods who lost their status (and also please add me to Personal Charts). Thanks
                                                trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                                                  So I paid for mine earlier today, how long does it take to activate or do I have to click/verify somewhere?
                                                  Depends - if you're new to PayPal or you don't use it frequently, I'll have to approve the payment.

If you're not, it seems to go through automatically.

I've approved now, your status is upgraded.

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                                  @Wayne
                                                  Would you please update the mods who lost their status (and also please add me to Personal Charts). Thanks
                                                  On it now.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X