All Posters Will Be Required to Display an Avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Posters Will Be Required to Display an Avatar

From 20th February onwards, all posters at UKMIX will be required to have an avatar - this will significantly improve the look and feel of UKMIX as it will ensure that everyone's postbit (the little user profile to the left of your posts) is the same size.

On 20th February, if you've already got an avatar - you'll notice no changes. If you haven't already got an avatar, you'll receive the below error message:

You will not be able to access the forums or post until you've uploaded an avatar - if you're posting on a mobile device via our mobile style, you'll need to temporarily change to our "Full Site" style to upload your avatar as it's not possible to modify your profile settings via the mobile style.

By selecting the link in the image above, you'll be taken to the avatar upload page where you can upload an avatar of your choosing. You have the option of uploading an avatar in two ways:

* You can upload an avatar from an external link on another website.
    * You can upload an avatar from your computer or phone directly to UKMIX.

The upload page looks like this:

If you've successfully uploaded your avatar, it'll look like this:
    '

To make this a bit easier, I'm in the process of uploading a series of pre-selected avatars to our database that you can choose from. These will primarily be famous musicians (as we are predominantly a music site) but there will be some more general ones also.

If you read this before the 20th, I would recommend sorting an avatar out beforehand - that way, there will be no impact to posting for you. Should you wish to access the avatar settings manually, you can do so by:

Clicking Settings > And then Edit Avatar (which is displayed down the left hand side)

As a reminder, we do have some rules around avatars:

* Your avatar must be exactly 150 pixels wide (or you'll be asked to re-upload).
    * It shouldn't exceed 250kb in size (500kb if you're a Premium User).
    * Your avatar mustn't contain outright nudity, but we no longer enforce rules around topless men.

If anyone has any concerns, please pick up with me directly - should you have any issues accessing your account after the 20th and you've attempted to upload an avatar, then please contact us at webmaster@ukmix.org.

gworl change your own LQ avi first...
    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Good idea. People with an avatar are much more recognizable.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Can't everyone just have 150x150? The ones where just the width is right look ugly too. It can't be that hard
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I've increased the resolution so that Standard Users will now have up to 500kbs vs 1mb for Premium Users.

Comment

Love the idea.
            Whitney Houston

Comment

Can you upload a nice one of Lonnie Donegan? We have a large number of female avatars and hardly any male ones.... (or groups for that matter)
              http://thechartbook.co.uk - for the latest are best chart book - By Decade!
              Now including NME, Record Mirror and Melody Maker from the UK and some Billboard charts

Comment

[MENTION=25609]biscuits[/MENTION]?

if if he can’t do it, will do it when i get home.

Comment

Can you upload an Avatar of The Beatles group please?

Comment

I'll try make some more today or tomorrow

Comment

can you wait for the 24th so i can have a gaga oscar winner one

Comment

Why do some member have 200x200 avatars?
                        Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyHeart View Post
                          Why do some member have 200x200 avatars?
                          Nobody has that size avatars? Some might have that sized profile pictures which is a different thing.

your avatar will need to be changed actually while you’re reading this.

Comment

Really? Isn't it 150x150?
                            Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

Oh it is now, mustn’t have displayed properly on my phone!

Comment

I uploaded an avatar some weeks ago but it didn’t work for me.
                                anyone knows why? I can try it again tonight.

Comment

^ I think you uploaded a profile pic instead of an avatar. I was confused by the two too at first ;-)

Comment

Oh perhaps! I’ll check it later thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Colbie View Post
                                      ^ I think you uploaded a profile pic instead of an avatar. I was confused by the two too at first ;-)
                                      You were right

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                        You were right
                                        Except it's not 150x150
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Neither is yours [MENTION=38563]Colbie[/MENTION]!

Can you and [MENTION=31504]LotsOfLove[/MENTION] both please re-upload with 150x150 avatars? Thank you

For everyone else, we go live with avatars tomorrow - I would encourage you to upload before tomorrow!

Comment

Ugh i thought i kept it in the right amount of kb..... stupid restrictions.

Will try to change it tonight

Comment

Why I keep getting upload failed error message?!

Comment

Originally posted by naughty View Post
                                                Why I keep getting upload failed error message?!
                                                It looks like you've fixed this now, but let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Comment

Thanks! all good now

Comment

I hate that my old avatar is gone.
                                                    In a heart full of dust
                                                    Lives a creature called lust

Comment

you can not read the announcement before updating the avatar, well it is stupid actually
                                                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

There has been an announcement banner for the past few days as well as this thread.

And uploading an avatar is hardly laborious.

Comment

Working...
                                                        X