Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, every night around 8pm EST. Lasts about 2 hours?

Comment

• Knew it was too good to be true. Just waited 5 hours since about 12:05 for the site to come back on.

While Haven got the iTunes "exclusive" albums update that UKMix members should be getting.

Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• Yeah some significant delays this morning but it seems to be back smoothly.
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• off for a couple of hours tonight after midnight
          Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
            Knew it was too good to be true. Just waited 5 hours since about 12:05 for the site to come back on.

While Haven got the iTunes "exclusive" albums update that UKMix members should be getting.
            any news on why this is happening and what will be done Wayne ?

it's really frustrating. Kanga didn't post the New Release Schedule until after 1pm - a whole 12 hours late!

Comment

any news on why this is happening and what will be done Wayne ?

it's really frustrating. Kanga didn't post the New Release Schedule until after 1pm - a whole 12 hours late!
              I can't really do anything about this - if the automatic backup script takes the site offline, then it is what it is. I'll see if we can throw more server resources at it.

Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it won't - and on occasion, the site might not come back online until I reboot the serve.

If I cancel the script, then we run the risk of not having taken regular backups as it's then reliant on me manually taking them - which I'm not prepared to do.

Comment

• OK, thanks for continuing to work on it. *need a prayer smilie*

Comment

• Wayne feels a tad laggy tonight and it was down very briefly a few hours ago (white error page).

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                    Wayne feels a tad laggy tonight and it was down very briefly a few hours ago (white error page).
                    Server is struggling, I’ve had a low memory alert.

I’ve asked the host to look at it.

Comment

• still not better yet Wayne
                      "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top contributors Countdown

Comment

• I know, I’ll provide an update once I have one.

The site is functioning, and accessible - that’s the main thing.

Comment

• The weird thing was, I have 3 browsers: Opera as main and Firefox and Chrome. When I tried with Opera, the site never loaded, with Chrome the site loaded sometimes but I couldn't click on topics' next pages, with Firefox there loaded no pictures as well as the site's logo, but the topics loaded, I couldn't click on any link there.
                          BUT: When I searched topics with Google I came in the forum and it loaded normal for me, but only for the further 3-4 pages, after that, the errors came back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
                            The weird thing was, I have 3 browsers: Opera as main and Firefox and Chrome. When I tried with Opera, the site never loaded, with Chrome the site loaded sometimes but I couldn't click on topics' next pages, with Firefox there loaded no pictures as well as the site's logo, but the topics loaded, I couldn't click on any link there.
                            BUT: When I searched topics with Google I came in the forum and it loaded normal for me, but only for the further 3-4 pages, after that, the errors came back.
                            What time was this?

These issues must occur whilst I’m asleep as I literally never experience them - I’ve definitely experienced a slower forum in the last couple of days (supported by the regular server notifications I’ve been getting) and in response to this, I have flagged this to our webhosts but nothing around error pages or anything like that.

On the subject of our memory, I have checked this morning and our memory usage is at a more reasonable level so the site should feel less laggy. I am still getting server notifications around high load as there’s some background processes that are behaving weirdly but I’ll look into that later

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

What time was this?

These issues must occur whilst I’m asleep as I literally never experience them - I’ve definitely experienced a slower forum in the last couple of days (supported by the regular server notifications I’ve been getting) and in response to this, I have flagged this to our webhosts but nothing around error pages or anything like that.

On the subject of our memory, I have checked this morning and our memory usage is at a more reasonable level so the site should feel less laggy. I am still getting server notifications around high load as there’s some background processes that are behaving weirdly but I’ll look into that later
                              That errors occured at around 8pm till 2am (CEST) and I figured that with google out at 12 or 1am. Everything else has been going on the full evening, also that with Chrome and Firefox.

Comment

• I couldn't access the forum tonight at around 1:30 CET, I checked again like an hour later and everything was working fine, no issues earlier / later today and yesterday at all.

Opera browser.

Comment

• Is that roughly around 12-2am UK time?

If so, the forum will always be a bit laggy around then as the backup script is running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                    Is that roughly around 12-2am UK time?

If so, the forum will always be a bit laggy around then as the backup script is running.
                                    Well for me it is, but sometimes this happens for a longer period and I have NO access to the Forum, as yesterday

Comment

• I don't know what you did but i had no problems tonight. Everything was posted on time so thanks a lot.

Comment

I don't know what you did but i had no problems tonight. Everything was posted on time so thanks a lot.
                                        The day you posted this was one day later than it occured...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post

The day you posted this was one day later than it occured...
                                          In UK time, i was referring to that night when the site would be offline between 12 and 5am - i still class this as night. That night, it had not gone off for longer than a few minutes.

Comment

In UK time, i was referring to that night when the site would be offline between 12 and 5am - i still class this as night. That night, it had not gone off for longer than a few minutes.
                                            Ah sorry, my bad, I missunderstood your post. I thought you offended me with the sentence "I don't know what you do,..."

Comment

• Is it just because I drink a lot or do the forum emojis change position each time you open the little smiley button? Each time I look for the face, the little f&#@3! has moved somewhere and it takes me an age to find it. Mariah forever sits on her throne in first place tho?
                                              UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus View Post
                                                Is it just because I drink a lot or do the forum emojis change position each time you open the little smiley button? Each time I look for the face, the little f&#@3! has moved somewhere and it takes me an age to find it. Mariah forever sits on her throne in first place tho?
                                                It's much easier to just type it! Type : lol : (without the spaces between the colons and the word).

Comment

• ^ True, I also type most emojis these days because yes, they change positions all the time...

Comment

• Looks like the 5 hour downtime is back. It was down all night Sunday/Monday from 12:05 onwards and tonight, too (at least for the past hour it was, didn't check before that).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X