Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had it for 2 days running, but fine last night.

When that happens, literally nothing I can do until I wake up and reboot the server manually.

Comment

• Having a lot of lag and errors last few hours.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• not complaining at all as i think hosting this forum is a tremendous job, but apparently my peak time to be in ukmix is when the site tends to fall (at least lately)... so I wonder Wayne , is this rebooting you need to do something physical, or is a way that someone in another time zone, meainng America or Asia, could be a back up of you so if the site needs this rebooting your back-up could do it?

#ZeroITKnowledge
        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I can’t seem to access the site after about midnight each night. Nothing will load.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
            I can’t seem to access the site after about midnight each night. Nothing will load.
            It’s when the backup script runs - typically, the site might go down for around 30 mins. But if the server plays up, it can go down for longer and might not come back up until I manually reboot it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

It’s when the backup script runs - typically, the site might go down for around 30 mins. But if the server plays up, it can go down for longer and might not come back up until I manually reboot it.
              Oh ok. It’s just a shame because I haven’t been able to access at all this week from around 12-3 am.

I know you’re doing everything you can, and I appreciate it. Running or moderating a site like this can sometimes feel like a thankless task, so thank you for all you are doing. I just hope a fix of some sort can be found as it’s when I most like to visit the site.

Comment

• I’ve pushed the automatic backup script back so it runs 3 hours later
                (so between 3-5am U.K. time) - it runs via a cron job so fairly easy to adjust.

We’ll see how this goes - at least if it the site does go down, I’m more likely to be awake to reboot the server.

Comment

• Comment

• I think it must go down regularly around that time because I have frequent issues getting the site to load on my mobile (Australian day time)
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Hopefully been a bit better recently now that I’ve adjusted the time? Won’t be to everyone’s liking but in terms of the reducing the total number of people impacted, hopefully better.

Comment

• For information, the site is currently struggling - I’ve had probably 70+ database errors. I’ll take a look at why when I’m back home but just wanted to share for now in case anyone is wondering.

Comment

• Downtime at noon on Friday for an hour. When i checked in at same time today it was down again.
                          Hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence now. Those are the 2 days i tend to post at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                            Downtime at noon on Friday for an hour. When i checked in at same time today it was down again.
                            Hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence now. Those are the 2 days i tend to post at that time.
                            Hopefully it won’t, but I’m getting some high load notifications from the server - I’m generally around to reboot it so any downtime hopefully won’t be to extensive.

Comment

• Wayne Navbar_Forum - is back!
                              Just thought I would let you know!
                              Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

• The board has been super slow today...
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• It seems a little glitchy today? I'm unable to edit titles on my threads and the last post display in the forum sections aren't correct.

Comment

• I am glad things are up and running again, but I was running into all sorts of errors trying to update a thread.

Comment

• It was boring, nothing all afternoon...

Comment

• and our great leader is still nowhere to be seen (apart from on Twitter and Facebook)

Comment

• and now the site is playing up again. Getting an invalid SQL message then you try and repost only for it to tell you it already posted. Absolute pain in the

Comment

• Site acting up; won’t allow to open new messages and freezes when logged in. Issue doesn't occur when logged out.
                                            My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                              and now the site is playing up again. Getting an invalid SQL message then you try and repost only for it to tell you it already posted. Absolute pain in the
                                              same thing today - UKMix

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                                Site acting up; won’t allow to open new messages and freezes when logged in. Issue doesn't occur when logged out.
                                                I know I just sent you this, but for anyone else. This often happens when you have to change your password or any other setting. Here are the steps to resolve.

1. Click your name on the upper right.
                                                2. Select User Settings.
                                                3. Go to the account page.
                                                4. Remove your name from the email address field.
                                                5. Change the posts per page from "Use Forum Default" to "30 posts per page"
                                                6. Click Save.

Comment

• Why does the server keep going down for 3~ hours daily now? That's a pretty large portion of the day...

Comment

• Is there a glitch in survivors? Threads aren’t updating on the forum page.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X