Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had it for 2 days running, but fine last night.

When that happens, literally nothing I can do until I wake up and reboot the server manually.

Comment

• Having a lot of lag and errors last few hours.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• not complaining at all as i think hosting this forum is a tremendous job, but apparently my peak time to be in ukmix is when the site tends to fall (at least lately)... so I wonder Wayne , is this rebooting you need to do something physical, or is a way that someone in another time zone, meainng America or Asia, could be a back up of you so if the site needs this rebooting your back-up could do it?

#ZeroITKnowledge
        CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
        FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I can’t seem to access the site after about midnight each night. Nothing will load.
          I don’t need pound notes to have fun tonight, I love affordable pleasures…

Comment

• Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
            I can’t seem to access the site after about midnight each night. Nothing will load.
            It’s when the backup script runs - typically, the site might go down for around 30 mins. But if the server plays up, it can go down for longer and might not come back up until I manually reboot it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

It’s when the backup script runs - typically, the site might go down for around 30 mins. But if the server plays up, it can go down for longer and might not come back up until I manually reboot it.
              Oh ok. It’s just a shame because I haven’t been able to access at all this week from around 12-3 am.

I know you’re doing everything you can, and I appreciate it. Running or moderating a site like this can sometimes feel like a thankless task, so thank you for all you are doing. I just hope a fix of some sort can be found as it’s when I most like to visit the site.
              I don’t need pound notes to have fun tonight, I love affordable pleasures…

Comment

• I’ve pushed the automatic backup script back so it runs 3 hours later
                (so between 3-5am U.K. time) - it runs via a cron job so fairly easy to adjust.

We’ll see how this goes - at least if it the site does go down, I’m more likely to be awake to reboot the server.

Comment

• Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• I think it must go down regularly around that time because I have frequent issues getting the site to load on my mobile (Australian day time)
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Hopefully been a bit better recently now that I’ve adjusted the time? Won’t be to everyone’s liking but in terms of the reducing the total number of people impacted, hopefully better.

Comment

Working...
                      X