Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKMix keeps crashing. Double posts. The Search feature sucks. Can't we go back to the old forum?

Wayne, you must be exhausted.

Comment

LOL..I swear there were some posts here that got deleted.
      Someone is feeling sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        Noticed that too wtf
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Spill, which ones?
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I haven’t deleted anything if that’s what you’re suggesting.

Maybe you’re confusing the fact that people bitch and moan across both this and the Helpdesk topic, and the missing posts might be there?

Comment

So now it's "bitch and moan" to point out actual bugs?

Comment

double post

Comment

triple post

Comment

quadruple post

Comment

^ Yikes. Put down that hammer!

Are there really quadruple posts? Or are you making a point? Getting sick of double posts.
                      Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                        I haven’t deleted anything if that’s what you’re suggesting.

Maybe you’re confusing the fact that people bitch and moan across both this and the Helpdesk topic, and the missing posts might be there?
                        Wow, this isn‘t that nice. I mean, who is bitching and moaning around in these topics? All I see is people (including me) being confused why certain things aren‘t working the way we expect them to work. Maybe we are expecting wrong things but there hasn‘t been an update on these issues (insta posts for example) in a while. So it‘s obvious people keep on posting about it when there‘s no update. If that‘s wrong from us please tell me what else we can do?

Comment

Is that maintenance where the site stops working for like 1 hour a nightly occurrence?

It is extremely annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by iHypeMusic View Post
                            Is that maintenance where the site stops working for like 1 hour a nightly occurrence?
                            Yep.

Comment

The site is still slow as f*ck and the double posts are still happening on a daily basis. Just saying.

Comment

I've adjusted the auto-save function in the Post Reply and Quick Reply boxes - previously, your post auto-saved every 60 seconds, I've reduced this to 20 seconds now.

Will have to keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn't impact site performance, but this should hopefully reduce the number of lost posts (if anyone has any).

Comment

I've removed almost 5,750 spam accounts registered in the last 6 months, so you'll notice our total users count has dropped from around 24,500 to around 18,800.

I've also introduced a new Promotion system to help control the spam - essentially, what it means is that all newly registered users will not be able to open a new topic until they've made 10 posts/have 100 reputation points/have been registered here for 10 days.

Any queries, please let me know.

Comment

^It doesn't look like the spam control system works as it should. Asian character bots are at it again.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                      ^It doesn't look like the spam control system works as it should. Asian character bots are at it again.
                                      For some reason, there were custom permissions setup on all of the “new” forums we introduced after our recent feedback survey - this meant that the main user group permissions which I amended hadn’t carried through to those forums!

Just done it now, should prevent them from opening new topics.

Comment

Thank you for the work you put into!
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Well done Wayne, fingers crossed it helps!

Comment

Apologies for the few minutes downtime just now - I was running some server updates, I'd hoped it would go without issue but it didn't! It went a bit awry so had to reset the SQL server.

Comment

I've reviewed the performance logs and there has been no site downtime for the last 48 hours since we ran the database optimisations, aside from the scheduled downtime each morning between the hours of 5-6 (GMT).

The site is still sluggish in places but crucially, downtime has been significantly reduced.

Comment

For those that want to access the site with a smaller logo / header - I've made some adjustments to the size of the logo by customising the Orange Style.

Navigate to the bottom of the page and on the footer bar, change your style to Smaller Logo - Mobile Style.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                  For those that want to access the site with a smaller logo / header - I've made some adjustments to the size of the logo by customising the Orange Style.

Navigate to the bottom of the page and on the footer bar, change your style to Smaller Logo - Mobile Style.
                                                  Thank you!
                                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

FYI - the search index has now been rebuilt. After many hours of index rebuilding, and some false starts, the index finished earlier today.

It should work as normal now.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X