Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Wayne. Things seem to be working a lot better again.

Comment

Thanks Wayne, things seem to be smoother today.

Comment

I've checked the logs again today and things have well and truly settled, as far as I can see - no downtime other than what we usually have and much less disruption. If you're experiencing individual issues, please raise them in the Helpdesk topic and I'll do my best to sort them. As far as I can recall, my issues to fix are:

* Shane's Personal Charts issue with tables.
        * Mike's issue with the quick reply box being too small.

Comment

Wayne thanks for the hard work. Running a big website such as UKMix can be time consuming.
          I have one tiny request - is there any way the avis could be bigger?
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
            Wayne thanks for the hard work. Running a big website such as UKMix can be time consuming.
            Yeah this would be cool.

Comment

Yeah avatars slowly got bigger on the old forum (RIP) and now they're reduced to a single pixel.
              1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

Comment

Okay so I'm just wondering about some things and I have a few questions.

Without judgement:
                Why is this board so inactive and why isn't there a new admin appointed holding responsibility for the whole thing? The same old issues still endure, threads are very low in activity and Wayne is rarely here to answer any questions. Yes these issues were fixed 2 times over the last year when certain hosting issues were dealt with but the longevity of these effects didn't pass 2 weeks.
                I'm sorry if you're maybe dealing with personal stuff that prevents you from taking care of things on this board but maybe it's time you passed the torch to someone who does have the time and ambition. Cause this place is dying and it's not necessary.

Comment

^ Oh, I just wanted to come here to ask the same

I obviously appreciate the work that has been put into this. I can only imagine how much it took to get it all done. But with that said, I'm also surprised there weren't replies or posts here and in other 'problem' topics. As I already said in the past: We all understand if it's a lot, so a post like 'I'm sorry but there's a lot going on, but I come back at you all as soon as possible' is WAY better than NOTHING and I'm sure everyone would understand it, but it just doesn't feel right to have no signs at all for WEEKS after such a big update and with so many problems (especially the page not being available for 60 to 150 (!!) minutes starting at 6am EVERY morning). And yes, I counted, there have been times the page didn't work for two and a half hours straight in the morning.

...and somehow, the sad thing is, since there's no one who seems to care, the members also started to not care anymore. At least that's the case for me, I kinda gave up coming up with problems because why should I invest some time for this when no one else does and when I wouldn't get a reply anyway?

(and please, I don't want to sound rude or something, because it should be obvious how much I love this page)

Comment

Embedding options are now gone for me. Pictures, videos, links etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                      Embedding options are now gone for me. Pictures, videos, links etc.
                      Click the “A” button above the reply box.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Click the “A” button above the reply box.
                        Yep works! Thanks!

Comment

Still no answers? I'm seeing topics not updated on the "homepage", some topics that have recent replies say that the last post is from "Yesterday".

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                            !!!!!

The like button debuted for me today. And I think I spotted Facebook and Twitter share buttons for a second, but then they disappeared again. What's up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab
                              And I think I spotted Facebook and Twitter share buttons for a second, but then they disappeared again. What's up with that.
                              Click that share symbol on the user post (those three dots connected with line).
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post

!!!!!

The like button debuted for me today. And I think I spotted Facebook and Twitter share buttons for a second, but then they disappeared again. What's up with that.
                                OMG, I just turned off my ad blocker to see what was being blocked because I didn't think there were ads on the site, and now I see the Faebook and Twitter icons.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

OMG, I just turned off my ad blocker to see what was being blocked because I didn't think there were ads on the site, and now I see the Faebook and Twitter icons.
                                  I've got an ad blocker on for the same reason but it doesn't block the Facebook and Twitter buttons. No ad blocker should.

Comment

There aren’t ads on the site - nobody can see ads can they?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                      There aren’t ads on the site - nobody can see ads can they?
                                      No, there are no ads, but apparently the ad blocker I am using was blocking the Facebook and Twitter buttons. It was also blocking me from seeing the Instagram and Twitter icons in the editor toolbar.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

No, there are no ads, but apparently the ad blocker I am using was blocking the Facebook and Twitter buttons. It was also blocking me from seeing the Instagram and Twitter icons in the editor toolbar.
                                        The add blocker on Opera does not remove the share buttons for me.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I haven't been able to help into the helpdesk thread for some reason so I'm posting here. I had a lot of trouble over the weekend accessing some threads. The page would seem like it's loading but only the top post and bottom post would be visible. The middle would be grey even though I refreshed.

Also, I can't upload attachments from my desktop. It's telling me I am not authorized. Is that a feature for paying members?

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                            I haven't been able to help into the helpdesk thread for some reason so I'm posting here. I had a lot of trouble over the weekend accessing some threads. The page would seem like it's loading but only the top post and bottom post would be visible. The middle would be grey even though I refreshed.

Also, I can't upload attachments from my desktop. It's telling me I am not authorized. Is that a feature for paying members?
                                            This appears to be a premium feature only - currently premium membership is suspended pending Wayne providing an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                              Still no answers? I'm seeing topics not updated on the "homepage", some topics that have recent replies say that the last post is from "Yesterday".
                                              Same for me, this has been a consistent bug since we “upgraded”.

Comment

Hi, I have a problem and I don't know where else to post it. For some reason I can't open threads with large number of replies. Only threads with few replies will load for me. When I want to access a thread like those in General Artist Discussion, only the background image would load, and then loading stops.

What can I do?

-Nevermind. Solved it.
                                                Last edited by Sebastian; Tue March 17, 2020, 19:56.
                                                Previously known as sYair

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair
                                                www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Apologies - if you notice odd things happening with the homepage.

Just playing about with the settings - want to promote abi's game without the need to include as a notice.

Comment

• FYI - I've moved the search box to the nav bar.

Just having a play about at the moment with some artist specific banners for people.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X