Clear All

• hun
    replied
    Do as Janet says and no sleeep

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Forums were down for hours this afternoon.
    Unfortunately, I didn't get an email telling me it was down until late afternoon so couldn't reboot the server - none of my emails were coming through to my phone.

It was also annoyingly went down this morning - the notifications did come through just after midnight but I was asleep so couldn't reboot us until 6:30 this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    Wayne im getting a black box under the banner on the front page...not sure what's that about
    This is because I was testing Google Ads - I disabled after a while as couldn't work out why it was stretching the banner.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Plym View Post
    would have been ironic if the post you were trying to make was in this thread
    It was just my memoirs, my lifes work.

Leave a comment:

• Plym
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
    It went off while I was in the middle of a lengthy post
    would have been ironic if the post you were trying to make was in this thread

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    It went off while I was in the middle of a lengthy post

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    What happened

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    Glad it's back on!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Forums were down for hours this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

It's fixed for me now!
    Same!!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Wayne im getting a black box under the banner on the front page...not sure what's that about
    It's fixed for me now!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Just in the spirit of sharing:
    • UKMIX had 3 hours total downtime in June (out of 720 hours in the month - meaning we had “uptime” of 99.6%.
    • The site went offline on 7 separate occasions and the longest of these was for 1 hour.
    Overall, I’m sure you’ll all agree a much better situation than we had say 12-18 months ago.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I’m not getting notifications as my UKMIX email account isn’t working at the moment - so I’ve only picked up on it accidentally as I’ve tried to access the site myself and rebooted the server. It’s database issues causing it.

I’ll redirect the site offline notifications to my personal email for now so I can at least respond more quickly when it does happen.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Yeah, that's the time I'm usually most active on here. Wayne , is it maintenance?

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    2nd day in a row that the site goes down for at least three hours (from noon to 3pm).
    and no explanation or apology given

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    2nd day in a row that the site goes down for at least three hours (from noon to 3pm).

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Site has been down, doesn't work a lot of times.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Tagging Wayne so he can see.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Site has been down for several hours again almost every night after midnight - wasn't back up until after 6am last night / this morning. Those issues that seemed to have gone for a few months have come back again.

Leave a comment:

• lemur21
    replied
    It looks as though my issues have been asked here. Each night, it seems the site is down for the US (EST) - is that by design?

I need to grab some data (basically, alternative airplay top-10s for each week of 2021); but I can't do it during the workday. Is my only option on the weekend during the daytime? I suppose I can simply schedule to do it then.... :/

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Define a "lag"? Do you know if its just Tweets or also other third party embeds (i.e. Instagram, Spotify)? Do you know if it's in one particular topic (e.g. Mariah) or others?

Typically, these things are caused by high volumes of traffic, the third party app itself or the server.
    I think potentially twitter server. I notice tweets have a tagline at the bottom that didnt exist before.

By lag, I mean that UKMIX loads fine but the posts appear blank for about 10-15s while the tweet itself loads.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Im noticing quite a lag with tweets loading these last few days
    Define a "lag"? Do you know if its just Tweets or also other third party embeds (i.e. Instagram, Spotify)? Do you know if it's in one particular topic (e.g. Mariah) or others?

Typically, these things are caused by high volumes of traffic, the third party app itself or the server.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Im noticing quite a lag with tweets loading these last few days

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    but we're all Top Posters, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X