X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    For information, the site is currently struggling - I’ve had probably 70+ database errors. I’ll take a look at why when I’m back home but just wanted to share for now in case anyone is wondering.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Hopefully been a bit better recently now that I’ve adjusted the time? Won’t be to everyone’s liking but in terms of the reducing the total number of people impacted, hopefully better.

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    I think it must go down regularly around that time because I have frequent issues getting the site to load on my mobile (Australian day time)

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I’ve pushed the automatic backup script back so it runs 3 hours later
    (so between 3-5am U.K. time) - it runs via a cron job so fairly easy to adjust.

We’ll see how this goes - at least if it the site does go down, I’m more likely to be awake to reboot the server.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

It’s when the backup script runs - typically, the site might go down for around 30 mins. But if the server plays up, it can go down for longer and might not come back up until I manually reboot it.
    Oh ok. It’s just a shame because I haven’t been able to access at all this week from around 12-3 am.

I know you’re doing everything you can, and I appreciate it. Running or moderating a site like this can sometimes feel like a thankless task, so thank you for all you are doing. I just hope a fix of some sort can be found as it’s when I most like to visit the site.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
    I can’t seem to access the site after about midnight each night. Nothing will load.
    It’s when the backup script runs - typically, the site might go down for around 30 mins. But if the server plays up, it can go down for longer and might not come back up until I manually reboot it.

Leave a comment:

• Airwrecka
    replied
    I can’t seem to access the site after about midnight each night. Nothing will load.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    not complaining at all as i think hosting this forum is a tremendous job, but apparently my peak time to be in ukmix is when the site tends to fall (at least lately)... so I wonder Wayne , is this rebooting you need to do something physical, or is a way that someone in another time zone, meainng America or Asia, could be a back up of you so if the site needs this rebooting your back-up could do it?

#ZeroITKnowledge

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Having a lot of lag and errors last few hours.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Had it for 2 days running, but fine last night.

When that happens, literally nothing I can do until I wake up and reboot the server manually.

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Looks like the 5 hour downtime is back. It was down all night Sunday/Monday from 12:05 onwards and tonight, too (at least for the past hour it was, didn't check before that).

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    ^ True, I also type most emojis these days because yes, they change positions all the time...

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by Thombus View Post
    Is it just because I drink a lot or do the forum emojis change position each time you open the little smiley button? Each time I look for the face, the little f&#@3! has moved somewhere and it takes me an age to find it. Mariah forever sits on her throne in first place tho?
    It's much easier to just type it! Type : lol : (without the spaces between the colons and the word).

Leave a comment:

• Thombus
    replied
    Is it just because I drink a lot or do the forum emojis change position each time you open the little smiley button? Each time I look for the face, the little f&#@3! has moved somewhere and it takes me an age to find it. Mariah forever sits on her throne in first place tho?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post

In UK time, i was referring to that night when the site would be offline between 12 and 5am - i still class this as night. That night, it had not gone off for longer than a few minutes.
    Ah sorry, my bad, I missunderstood your post. I thought you offended me with the sentence "I don't know what you do,..."

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post

The day you posted this was one day later than it occured...
    In UK time, i was referring to that night when the site would be offline between 12 and 5am - i still class this as night. That night, it had not gone off for longer than a few minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Originally posted by Blondini View Post
    I don't know what you did but i had no problems tonight. Everything was posted on time so thanks a lot.
    The day you posted this was one day later than it occured...

Leave a comment:

• Blondini
    replied
    I don't know what you did but i had no problems tonight. Everything was posted on time so thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    Is that roughly around 12-2am UK time?

If so, the forum will always be a bit laggy around then as the backup script is running.
    Well for me it is, but sometimes this happens for a longer period and I have NO access to the Forum, as yesterday

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Is that roughly around 12-2am UK time?

If so, the forum will always be a bit laggy around then as the backup script is running.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    I couldn't access the forum tonight at around 1:30 CET, I checked again like an hour later and everything was working fine, no issues earlier / later today and yesterday at all.

Opera browser.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied

What time was this?

These issues must occur whilst I’m asleep as I literally never experience them - I’ve definitely experienced a slower forum in the last couple of days (supported by the regular server notifications I’ve been getting) and in response to this, I have flagged this to our webhosts but nothing around error pages or anything like that.

On the subject of our memory, I have checked this morning and our memory usage is at a more reasonable level so the site should feel less laggy. I am still getting server notifications around high load as there’s some background processes that are behaving weirdly but I’ll look into that later
    That errors occured at around 8pm till 2am (CEST) and I figured that with google out at 12 or 1am. Everything else has been going on the full evening, also that with Chrome and Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
    The weird thing was, I have 3 browsers: Opera as main and Firefox and Chrome. When I tried with Opera, the site never loaded, with Chrome the site loaded sometimes but I couldn't click on topics' next pages, with Firefox there loaded no pictures as well as the site's logo, but the topics loaded, I couldn't click on any link there.
    BUT: When I searched topics with Google I came in the forum and it loaded normal for me, but only for the further 3-4 pages, after that, the errors came back.
    What time was this?

These issues must occur whilst I’m asleep as I literally never experience them - I’ve definitely experienced a slower forum in the last couple of days (supported by the regular server notifications I’ve been getting) and in response to this, I have flagged this to our webhosts but nothing around error pages or anything like that.

On the subject of our memory, I have checked this morning and our memory usage is at a more reasonable level so the site should feel less laggy. I am still getting server notifications around high load as there’s some background processes that are behaving weirdly but I’ll look into that later

Leave a comment:

• Phoenixx
    replied
    The weird thing was, I have 3 browsers: Opera as main and Firefox and Chrome. When I tried with Opera, the site never loaded, with Chrome the site loaded sometimes but I couldn't click on topics' next pages, with Firefox there loaded no pictures as well as the site's logo, but the topics loaded, I couldn't click on any link there.
    BUT: When I searched topics with Google I came in the forum and it loaded normal for me, but only for the further 3-4 pages, after that, the errors came back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X