No announcement yet.

UKMIX Favourite Members 2019 - DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side note: There won't be a #101 as I started the countdown the wrong way when it comes to ties and there were two people at #100

Comment

• stevyy is not in the top 10? Scandalous!

When he hosted last year he was my #2, and this year he was my #1... and he dropped in the rankings.

Also, thanks to those who voted for me. Can't believe I was someone's #1?! A typo?! Appreciate it!
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• aRatchet deserved top 10! stevyy is my boo too. ​​​​​​​
        Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
        All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
          I feel ignorant but I only see aRat and stevyy posting from this batch Really shows how you can visit this forum frequently without knowing other parts exist arat deserves to be higher, since he keeps the most popular parts of the forum alive but I guess, that's not the main portion of poeple voting in here. Suprised at stevyy's fall but that's probably because he didn't count the points himself this time
          The Personal charts section has more of a cult following tbh. I don’t think it’s a completely accurate representation of overall popularity across the forum but it has its fans.

I used to frequent the weekly personal chart topic and CZB is a BEAST tho, that dedication and patience is unparalleled.

I totally didn’t expect to make the top 10 another year.
          All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            The Personal charts section has more of a cult following tbh. I don’t think it’s a completely accurate representation of overall popularity across the forum but it has its fans.

I used to frequent the weekly personal chart topic and CZB is a BEAST tho, that dedication and patience is unparalleled.

I totally didn’t expect to make the top 10 another year.
            The same goes for the random+pop thread though. I mean if I hadn't been active in this threads since I became a member basically no one would even care about me

Congrats to aRat and stevyy, both were in my list.
            Who says you're in the top 10 Goldmoney it's not revealed yet Just kidding though, you were my #1 and I'm sure you landed very high.
            "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
            https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
            "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• The only ones in the Top20 who are basically only posting in the Personal Charts section are CZB at #11 and crystalphoenix at #20. tdc2000 is doing a tremendous job in the The Vault section, while Blondini is posting in a numerous of sections here (Songs, Charts, Personal Charts, Entertainment...).

Comment

• Congratulations to everybody!

From what I can remember I gave points to Benny CZB oldbloke (way too low!)
                Biscuits & Grybop both fell off my Top 20 from within the Top 10 (due to inactivity).
                ​​​​​​​Great to see Blondini rising! Couldn't fit you in my votes this time around, though.
                trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Oh damn, I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in on this countdown.

So many posters I enjoy, I'm don't want to leave anyone out, but some shout-outs:

- Erotica has a nice blend of interest in music - both mainstream and off the beaten path.
                  - DOSSOME is such a good guy I'm glad he still pops in now and then.
                  - Normi - I feel like he's been quiet more recently? But he has been a fun presence in the Lounge this past year.
                  - Nice jump for jio, who I mainly know from the FSC - three cheers for FSC regulars
                  - I think dylonj should have a big jump next year - one of the best new posters.
                  - I find myself nodding in agreement with nearly all of Rihab's political posts.
                  - Jeremy is another great new poster, who is active all over the forum. He deserves even higher tbh.
                  - Affilllate deserves that big jump - pretty sure I voted for him last year and this year. Thanks for participating in my stuff

I'll circle back or else this will be a big word wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

The same goes for the random+pop thread though. I mean if I hadn't been active in this threads since I became a member basically no one would even care about me

Congrats to aRat and stevyy, both were in my list.
                    Who says you're in the top 10 Goldmoney it's not revealed yet Just kidding though, you were my #1 and I'm sure you landed very high.
                    Congrats on your huge debut boo! You were very high on my list too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                      The only ones in the Top20 who are basically only posting in the Personal Charts section are CZB at #11 and crystalphoenix at #20. tdc2000 is doing a tremendous job in the The Vault section, while Blondini is posting in a numerous of sections here (Songs, Charts, Personal Charts, Entertainment...).
                      Not so much in Songs now. Too many people i liked left and too many things i like get no response so i keep them to my charts (where some do get a response!). I also only post sporadically in Entertainment and News/Gossip.

Well, thanks a lot for all the votes. I feel like James Taylor!
                      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (28th March 20) - Little Mix, Wolfclub, Blanche, TBM, NIN, Spray, Baxter Dury, Adamski, Weeknd, Gambino, SRC

Comment

• Oh wow stevyy nosediving now that he doesn't have the phantom votes

Also I kind of did cute

Comment

• Did I make the Top 10 or did I miss my name somewhere?
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            Did I make the Top 10 or did I miss my name somewhere?
                            You haven‘t appeared yet

Comment

• my name was not there yet but also position 101 is missing...

Sad Blondini is out already. He was my #1 this year. His personal chart is outstanding and I really like checking it everytime I have the time. Also, he is very interesting overall, always making great contributions everywhere, specially in the Retro charts. Thanks Blondini for making this, at least for me, a great place to be in the net!

I lost biscuits this time, he was in my votes although he fell because of his departure. Still felt I wanted to give him points because he was definetly a #1 while he was around. He is very much missed.

CZB and tdc2000 were also amongst my votes. Both exceptional posters and dedicated to keep building their legacy in the forum. I just cannot imagine this without Parade or Retro Charts. And I am addicted to those threads and they are amazingly dedicated and constant. THANKS!
                              VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                              ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• Both biscuits and JimJim were towards the bottom of my list this time. Great guys who have contributed loads to here over a lengthy period of time. Blondini was obviously in my votes as well as usual - somewhat mid table.

Great to see a climb for Dustintdc2000 - who I'm sure won't be surprised to know got his No. 1 spot from me. The combination of the dedication to UKMIX on the Retro charts, the fact that we met up during the past year, everywhere from Walthamstow to Stonehenge, and our shared projects of re-doing all time charts (something realistically there's no-one else I can talk about who actually genuinely is interested!) made Dustin a shoo-in for my No. 1. Most of the other folk I interact with off UKMIX have almost completely stopped posting on here it seems!

Comment

• crystalphoenix - I think this is the highest Paul's ever been on this countdown, and it's a well-deserved placement for a top guy! He's always been so sweet over the years, expressing genuine concern whenever he sensed I was down, sharing incredible new music with me, being willing to check out new tunes I chart, and just being an all 'round fantastic guy. He's intelligent and so humorous and colourful. Easily one of the best human-beings ever and an all-time favourite of mine.
                                  Mainshow - my ESC connect! There's quite a bit we have in common - our shared love for Britney, for instance. I haven't seen him around the forum much this past year, but he's been a sweetheart in our interactions. I just realised it's now been seven years since we met!
                                  urbanmusik - diverse taste in music. He's always been an interesting poster.
                                  Benny - a long-time favourite! He has a great taste in music and is a sweet, drama-free guy.
                                  MusicLover88 - lovely guy.
                                  tdc2000 - thoroughly love and appreciate his work with the retro threads!
                                  aRat - I've long been a fan. Hilarious, intelligent, playful - definitely one of the most interesting posters on the site.
                                  stevyy - my fellow lamb. I'll always appreciate his passion.
                                  Blondini - I believe someone years ago referred to him as the armchair of UKMix in honour of his long-time presence on the site. I actually need to visit his chart more often.
                                  CZB - absolutely pleased to see him so high - I'm pretty positive this is the highest he's ever been, and he deserves even higher for his mammoth contributions to the site! He's so sweet, so dedicated to the Parade for going on 11(!) years now. He's been under-heralded for years, so this climb is much-deserved.
                                  Noahh - he used to be so active in the past. He's definitely one of my faves from the site. Great guy with great taste in music. Fellow Navy rep!
                                  biscuits - a tumble, but I suppose it was to be expected with his exit. I really enjoyed his RPDR posts.
                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [325-321]

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                    The only ones in the Top20 who are basically only posting in the Personal Charts section are CZB at #11 and crystalphoenix at #20. tdc2000 is doing a tremendous job in the The Vault section, while Blondini is posting in a numerous of sections here (Songs, Charts, Personal Charts, Entertainment...).
                                    I actually make regular posts in threads in several other sections too - the Retro Charts in the Vault, "Top of the Pops" in Entertainment, and in various ongoing and historical threads in Chart Analysis, where I've been even longer than Personal Charts! But I'm sure it is the latter, especially the UKMixParade, that are the most read and appreciated.

I can understand that several members have never heard of me - I must confess that there are many already mentioned that I'm not aware of ever previously encountering either! But congratulations to everyone who has done well this year - and I'm especially pleased to see well-deserved climbs up the chart for Blondini, tdc2000, Benny and JakeP, all of whom were high in my votes.

I'm not sure whether, at the age of fifty-five, I'm the oldest member to appear in the top 100! I know I have been included for upwards of a decade now, but only occasionally getting into the bottom end of the top forty. So I'm very surprised to have landed considerably higher this time. Many thanks to everyone who voted for me - and for the such kind comments, which are very much appreciated.

And good luck to those members still to be revealed in the top ten - half of them, I think, also received votes from me.....

Counting down this week - the UKMixParade Top 200 of 2019

Comment

• I told you I'd circle back
                                      • Is this JakeP 's highest position? I love following his personal chart - a number of familiar artists, but he has also introduced me to some new music.
                                      • So beredy is all over the place here. Wait, that sounds like he's insane. I mean, he contributes all over the forum
                                      • I don't think I voted for Serby. I wish I had - and that he won the whole thing. I didn't realize just how much he contributed here until he was gone.
                                      • Love Spartan's commitment to theater music; even though I tease him for his taste in music, he listens to a lot of great stuff
                                      • Glad to see Colbie get a big jump - I think I voted for you! One of the sweetest posters here.
                                      • I think I voted for navi too? I really enjoy his eclectic taste in music, though he has some appreciation for a mainstream hit every now and then.
                                      • Surprised at theMathematician and Aaronsmithjune1 's positions as they are big contributors here! Deserved higher.
                                      • I think I put crystalphoenix in my top 3 - one of my friends on the forum. It speaks to how much he's liked on the personal charts that he made the top 20. Hope he continues to check in on occasion.
                                      • I'm pretty sure I voted for Mainshow too? I really should look at my list, haha. Sure I did though, partly out of his love for Eurovision/FSC, and partly because he has such a thoughtful posting style
                                      • I know I voted for TheRealest - I think I have every year. her posts are too brief, but she's always been great for a kii or two
                                      Oh word wall territory again. OK, will circle back for the next group.

Comment

• beredy was my #1 . Thought he would rank higher. Amazing poster.
                                        Love aRat and KEY9481 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                          my name was not there yet but also position 101 is missing...
                                          See my post at the top of this site. Due to a tie I started the main countdown the wrong way, so there are basically 101 members on the main countdown.

Comment

• Blondini was #4 in my votes. Great poster and enjoy discovering new music from his personal chart.
                                            Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                              my name was not there yet but also position 101 is missing...

Sad Blondini is out already. He was my #1 this year. His personal chart is outstanding and I really like checking it everytime I have the time. Also, he is very interesting overall, always making great contributions everywhere, specially in the Retro charts. Thanks Blondini for making this, at least for me, a great place to be in the net!
                                              BIB: not any more as the Retro's caught up and i don't want to repeat myself posting the same songs again.

Thanks very much for the comments, not expecting that at all. I can guess who another #1 was but i'm not sure about the 3rd (still not sure who my 3rd was last time).

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (28th March 20) - Little Mix, Wolfclub, Blanche, TBM, NIN, Spray, Baxter Dury, Adamski, Weeknd, Gambino, SRC

Comment

• What cheapthrills wrote:
                                                Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                [*]So beredy is all over the place here. Wait, that sounds like he's insane. I mean, he contributes all over the forum
                                                ​​​​​​​What cheapthrills actually meant:
                                                ​​​​​​​
                                                Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                [*]So beredy is insane.
                                                ​​​​​​​
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• beredy is cute, would have voted for him if he wasn’t such a Kween troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                    beredy is cute, would have voted for him if he wasn’t such a Kween troll.
                                                    I don't know ha.

(I actually like MC though, I'm just very picky with her discography.)
                                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Working...
                                                    X