Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post
    How do I put images in my posts?
    I just put image tags around the link [ IMG] [/IMG ] (without the spacing)

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I just put image tags around the link [ IMG] [/IMG ] (without the spacing)
      Does this work with every picture? For example from Google?
      Personal Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by yyys View Post
        Hi I'm new here. Why does it say "Please enter a valid URL." every time I try to post a reply? Like I have to link this at below just to reply?
        Click the link icon next to the camera icon above the reply box and this will turn it off.

I don’t know why this happens for new members and I can’t find how to change it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenixx View Post

Does this work with every picture? For example from Google?
          Yes as long as the link is valid.

Or you can press the image icon next to the video icon in the reply tools section, paste the URL in the space and untick the box underneath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Click the link icon next to the camera icon above the reply box and this will turn it off.

I don’t know why this happens for new members and I can’t find how to change it.
            I don't see a camera icon here. It's like the post reply is automatically in a "post link" mode. There is a link icon "Post Link" at the top left and "Upload Attachment", "Toggle Advance Editor", and "Add Smilies" at the top right.
            All site news & announcements will be posted here. This is also the place for any queries, technical or otherwise, to be posted.

Comment

• Hmm, I’m not sure what to suggest then. If you can see the other icons I’m not sure why you can’t see the link icon on the top left of the reply box area. You should just be able to press it and it will take away the need to post with a link.

Comment

• Originally posted by yyys View Post

I don't see a camera icon here. It's like the post reply is automatically in a "post link" mode. There is a link icon "Post Link" at the top left and "Upload Attachment", "Toggle Advance Editor", and "Add Smilies" at the top right.
                You don't see the highlighted icon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

You don't see the highlighted icon?

Might be because he doesn't see the camera button so he didn't understand what needs to be pressed? I don't have camera button.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• The link icon is there but not the camera icon. I think I'm inside a post link box and there's no other option so I have to attach a link to post. I can't post screenshot but here is the link.

https://i.ibb.co/yWDYTKZ/dfsdfdsfdsfsdf.jpg
                    All site news & announcements will be posted here. This is also the place for any queries, technical or otherwise, to be posted.

Comment

• Wayne I just tried to edit their post to replicate it and you can’t deselect the link icon, it doesn’t change to another shade of blue like it does for me.

Comment

Wayne I just tried to edit their post to replicate it and you can’t deselect the link icon, it doesn’t change to another shade of blue like it does for me.
                        That sounds like a permissions issue - let me check.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I think it works now.

Comment

Yes as long as the link is valid.

Or you can press the image icon next to the video icon in the reply tools section, paste the URL in the space and untick the box underneath.
                            It works, thanks
                            Last edited by Phoenixx; Thu April 23rd, 2020, 12:45.
                            Personal Chart

Comment

I've been getting this, too and i'm not new. I pressed the x on the "upload attachments" bar itself. Assumed i'd pressed something by mistake so never brought it up.

Also - a lot of "working" and slow loading lately. Site even went offline just now.
                              Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (23rd May 20) - Charli XCX, Foxes, Sol Seppy, Moby, Ellie Goulding, Maya Hawke, Tove Lo, Sparks, Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit, Einstürzende Neubauten, Carly Rae Jepsen, Perfume Genius, The Dears, Sara Evans, Transglobal Underground, The Vapors, Alma, Noah Cyrus, Jess Williamson, Ilse DeLange

Comment

• Am I missing something? This part of the forum used to be full of ban notices. I did argue at one time that having them could put people off and few other sites had them. So did UKMIX actually change the policy on having the bans on display?
                                Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

• Less members receive bans these days, since the infraction system was implemented.

Comment

• Is anyone else having issues with the mark all read link not working? I
                                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                      Is anyone else having issues with the mark all read link not working? I
                                      Yep, although I realised if you go into a forum, then click on the forum link near the top of the page and mark all channels read from there it should work. Not sure why it’s not doing what it used to.

Comment

• I've noticed in the last couple of days that UK Mix seems to be slow to load compared to pretty much every other website i use.

Also in threads where Instagram and Twitter posts are embedded, it's taking so long to load all these.

I'm using Google Chrome now as i'm pretty sure my latest version of Safari was corrupt. It's happened previously but i've decided to not use Safari at all.

Still, UK Mix is the only website that i find takes the longest to load properly. It will work fine for a while, then i'll click to go into a different thread and that's when i end up getting a drink whilst i wait for the thread to load.

Comment

• Where do I edit my signature? For some reasons I can't find it...
                                          YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                            I've noticed in the last couple of days that UK Mix seems to be slow to load compared to pretty much every other website i use.

Also in threads where Instagram and Twitter posts are embedded, it's taking so long to load all these.

I'm using Google Chrome now as i'm pretty sure my latest version of Safari was corrupt. It's happened previously but i've decided to not use Safari at all.

Still, UK Mix is the only website that i find takes the longest to load properly. It will work fine for a while, then i'll click to go into a different thread and that's when i end up getting a drink whilst i wait for the thread to load.
                                            It is slow for me as well. In fact now I couldn't reload a thread I had to literally wait 3 minutes for it to reload and that's why I decided to log in and say this. Please guys whoever is responsible for these changes we appreciate the effort but could you please change to a better server(if it's a server thing) or could you tell them to stop playing around with the forum like this I mean like they say if it ain't broke. Sometimes I miss the lars days where we would get a yearly update and the place was very stable.
                                            Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoAngels View Post

It is slow for me as well. In fact now I couldn't reload a thread I had to literally wait 3 minutes for it to reload and that's why I decided to log in and say this. Please guys whoever is responsible for these changes we appreciate the effort but could you please change to a better server(if it's a server thing) or could you tell them to stop playing around with the forum like this I mean like they say if it ain't broke. Sometimes I miss the lars days where we would get a yearly update and the place was very stable.
                                              Ngl i've found a big difference since the upgrade from just over a year ago. Up until early 2019 i don't think i ever had problems at all using UK Mix. That said, i also had no problems using Safari (i've had two upgrades since last October and Safari has become incredibly unstable). Google Chrome imo is actually so much better so it must be a server issue.

Comment

• I'm either blind or I don't know, but how exactly can I change my signature?! I don't find it.

EDIT: found it

Comment

• Any chance we might get a proper multi-quote function back?
                                                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                                    Where do I edit my signature? For some reasons I can't find it...
                                                    It's under the account tab in your user settings, next to conversaitonal detail options.

Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
                                                    Any chance we might get a proper multi-quote function back?
                                                    Here's a multi-quote post.
                                                    EDIT: You hit quote on the items you want to quote, and then click the post reply button in the upper left.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X