No announcement yet.

UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapthrills Ugh GIRL thank you! Now the only thing that's a bit disturbing is the automatic move to the text box at the bottom, any idea if I can change this?
    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by LOVE+FEAR View Post
      cheapthrills Ugh GIRL thank you! Now the only thing that's a bit disturbing is the automatic move to the text box at the bottom, any idea if I can change this?
      LOL. I know - I don't think there's anything that can be done about that. I think it's meant to be helpful since usually people only do one quote, but yeah you have to scroll back up to quote another person

Comment

• Can someone please explain to me why embedding tweets has become a painful experience on UK Mix?

Literally every thread i click on, if they have a tweet embedded, it slows my iMac down something chronic and it is taking up to 5 minutes for a tweet to display in the post.

I attempted a thread for the new Oasis single; https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/so...on-t-stop-demo and my computer froze after i went to post the topic. All because i'd embedded a tweet from Noel Gallagher's twitter account.

What i can't understand is why is it Twitter works perfectly for me? It loads all the tweets instantly yet on UK Mix is struggles to load one in a thread.

I've even tried browsing other forums to see how they fare my comparison (i.e. Buzzjack which i'm not a member of but thought i'd do an experiment). Every thread on Buzzjack that has videos and tweets embedded load instantly, and down slow my computer down to a snails pace like UK Mix.

It's really off putting and puts me off even coming on here sometimes because i know these forums continue to give me trouble to use.

Is there any way you can wind up the machine so it works like Buzzjack?

Comment

• Sorry Jake I'm really not sure, Wayne any insight?

Comment

• Wayne, @Thriller: I can't access my thread 'Benny's YouTube Video Recaps' in the '1950-1980s' folder: Each time I click on it I am redirected to the main page.
            Last edited by Benny; Fri May 1st, 2020, 16:46.
            My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
              Wayne, @Thriller: I can't access my thread 'Benny's YouTube Video Recaps' in the '1950-1980s' folder: Each time I click on it I am redirected to the main page.
              Check now

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Check now
                Thanks Wayne for fixing it, it's working now!
                My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                  Is anyone else having issues with the mark all read link not working? I
                  Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Yep, although I realised if you go into a forum, then click on the forum link near the top of the page and mark all channels read from there it should work. Not sure why it’s not doing what it used to.
                  Is the link working now?

Comment

• Apologies for the last few minutes, I'm playing with the memory settings so site may feel unstable and go on and offline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Is the link working now?
                      Seems OK now.

Comment

• I'd moved the site forums onto a different template when I was fiddling with the homepage I wanted to add - and the Mark As Read feature only works when the forum is against the main forum index as that's where the javascript is used that makes the feature work.

Comment

• How do I see my reputation activity ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            How do I see my reputation activity ?
                            I think if you are gold, you have a full bar below your title? Wayne sometimes posts a list

Wayne, I am seeing in my headers NAVBAR_FORUM - is anyone else getting that?

Comment

• Marchum
                              Marchum commented
                              Editing a comment
                              i also see that

• Thriller
                              Thriller commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It’s been like that for a while now.

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I think if you are gold, you have a full bar below your title? Wayne sometimes posts a list

Wayne, I am seeing in my headers NAVBAR_FORUM - is anyone else getting that?
                            I used to be able to click a link and see who gave me reputation and their comments. That seems to have disappeared now.

Comment

• I'm sorry, I scrolled way back in this thread but I can't seem to find how to change my signature?
                              "Lift up your head
                              Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                I'm sorry, I scrolled way back in this thread but I can't seem to find how to change my signature?
                                Go to User Settings, the tab Account and you have to click on Edit Post Signature and the editor will appear.

I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Go to User Settings, the tab Account and you have to click on Edit Post Signature and the editor will appear.

Jesus I'm blind. Thanks!!!
                                  "Lift up your head
                                  Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Wayne it's working grand now. Thank you!
                                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I used to be able to click a link and see who gave me reputation and their comments. That seems to have disappeared now.
                                      I think I saw it posted somewhere that rep comments have been replaced by the like.

Comment

• I feel like the limitation for a signature is pretty low with 500 characters. I can't even put up three different links from UKMix because those links are so long (longer than in the previous forum).

Is it possible to put up a higher limitation OR is something like the premium membership coming back soon?

Also I just wonder if people who still had a premium membership before taking it down still have their advantages. I know they paid for it (and I just forgot to check my junk mailbox for the notification that it expires for me) but... isn't it a bit unfair if some people have those advantages while the others have no chance of getting them as well, especially for this long?

Comment

• Can someone help me with the Instagram embed here: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/al...4068-brandy-b7
                                          I followed the instructions above...

Comment

• Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
                                            Can someone help me with the Instagram embed here: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/al...4068-brandy-b7
                                            I followed the instructions above...
                                            Page doesn’t exist?

Comment

• I am a longtime user of UKM, and in particular always loved to visit the sticky page Chart Histories in the Chart Analysis forum. But since the changes in January it is next to useless with large type spoiling most entries and chart runs, and some pages coming up with:

"Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

This was clicking on the Frank Sinatra index on page one, but just about any one is broken too. Considering this had over one million views, surely it is worth preserving, especially as the stalwart creator, the late great Hanboo, spent so much time and energy in presenting the information for us all to use.

Why can't this be made available using the new server? It is definitely worth saving...

Topicel

Comment

• Does anyone else have the same problem where they have to log in pretty much each time they enter a new page/thread? Even as I'm writing this, I've been logged out due to 'inactivity'. This has been happening quite a bit since the site upgrade, but since yesterday it's happening all the time. I'm using Safari. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                                  Does anyone else have the same problem where they have to log in pretty much each time they enter a new page/thread? Even as I'm writing this, I've been logged out due to 'inactivity'. This has been happening quite a bit since the site upgrade, but since yesterday it's happening all the time. I'm using Safari. Has this been happening to anyone else?
                                                  Have you checked the "Remember Me" option? Does it happen on different browsers? What are your cache options on the browser you use?

I've currently got the timeout option set to 7,200 seconds (2 hours) which is half what it was but should still be sufficient.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X