UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topicel View Post
    I am a longtime user of UKM, and in particular always loved to visit the sticky page Chart Histories in the Chart Analysis forum. But since the changes in January it is next to useless with large type spoiling most entries and chart runs, and some pages coming up with:

"Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

This was clicking on the Frank Sinatra index on page one, but just about any one is broken too. Considering this had over one million views, surely it is worth preserving, especially as the stalwart creator, the late great Hanboo, spent so much time and energy in presenting the information for us all to use.

Why can't this be made available using the new server? It is definitely worth saving...

Topicel
    I agree this needs to be fixed but it's not straightforward - I have some SQL queries I can execute (which are very database intensive) which will fix the formatting options in the topic (e.g. where the text appears too large) but the URLs are a different matter - it might be more difficult to fix these.

On VB4, these queries could be executed across the whole site but on VB5, you have to execute them against the individual topic. In short, I've been running some tests to get the SQL query right and will fix what I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      I'd moved the site forums onto a different template when I was fiddling with the homepage I wanted to add - and the Mark As Read feature only works when the forum is against the main forum index as that's where the javascript is used that makes the feature work.
      Marking all as read on the main forum page, via the little house icon, doesn't work anymore. It does through the 'forum' link though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Marking all as read on the main forum page, via the little house icon, doesn't work anymore. It does through the 'forum' link though.
        My savior.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Why my "Attractive blonde female singers" thread was closed ?

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• I am unable to edit or quote this post on my personal charts thread to clean it up. Even the post after it can't be edited. Is someone else able to close the quote that is causing the problem?

Comment

• ^
              Nope! The editing commands don't work.
              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• cheapthrills
                cheapthrills commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for looking! I ended up having to delete the post and re-doing it.

• All my old posts have been erased? I only have 4 posts now. I went into a few threads that I knew I definitely commented in and i couldn’t see my posts. Someone had quoted one so I definitely had posted.

Maybe it’s a glitch with my phone but I’d be a bit sad if all my posts have disappeared
              Fiat 500

Comment

• I don't know if it's just me but I think there's a glitch as well in the "Last Post" section. It's not really showing the real last posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly View Post
                  All my old posts have been erased? I only have 4 posts now. I went into a few threads that I knew I definitely commented in and i couldn’t see my posts. Someone had quoted one so I definitely had posted.

Maybe it’s a glitch with my phone but I’d be a bit sad if all my posts have disappeared
                  Nope, it really doesn't show up all of your posts and it's really weird. I hope someone can get them back... also, this leaves me worrying if it may happen to others as well. Already thought about a topic that lost some posts today and now I get why...

Also having the same issue as abi with the 'Last Post', plus I'm getting lots of errors when I want to post something today (it doesn't let me post the post, but when I close the window and open it again, the post is actually posted).

Comment

• The following message appeared when I was trying to add a post in the artist chart analysis subforum. The post was not added at first but like 5 minutes after the error. Same error appears when I want to edit posts.
                    Whitney Houston

Comment

All my old posts have been erased? I only have 4 posts now. I went into a few threads that I knew I definitely commented in and i couldn’t see my posts. Someone had quoted one so I definitely had posted.

I don't see your posts either

Comment

• INvalid SQL: SELECT `cacheid` FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_10404676','nodeChg_119705','nodeChg_33','nodeChg_17','nodeChg_2','nodeChg_1');

Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Nope, it really doesn't show up all of your posts and it's really weird. I hope someone can get them back... also, this leaves me worrying if it may happen to others as well. Already thought about a topic that lost some posts today and now I get why...

Also having the same issue as abi with the 'Last Post', plus I'm getting lots of errors when I want to post something today (it doesn't let me post the post, but when I close the window and open it again, the post is actually posted).
                          Oh no. That’s sad. Over 5000 posts and my history on this site has been erased :(
                          Fiat 500

Comment

Oh no. That’s sad. Over 5000 posts and my history on this site has been erased :(
                            ...I just realized I lost some posts as well, because I'm sure I crossed 54k a few days ago and now I'm a bit below 54k again

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
                              The following message appeared when I was trying to add a post in the artist chart analysis subforum. The post was not added at first but like 5 minutes after the error. Same error appears when I want to edit posts.
                              Yeah it's annoying...
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Error message also popping up every time I post?

Comment

• Same, and my posts are still Gone (with Christine and the Queens)
                                  Fiat 500

Comment

Same, and my posts are still Gone (with Christine and the Queens)
                                    Your posts definitely are deleted Joe - sorry. I'm still trying to unpick why this has happened, but I'll probably roll the forum back to try and restore your posts if I can (it'll mean that forum activity for today is unfortunately lost though).

Comment

• NOTICE

Due to human error, one of our valued posters lost his posts and whole history at UKMIX.

To try and remedy this and restore that user's posts, I'm looking at potentially rolling back the forum and restoring us to where we were on Friday morning - unfortunately, this would mean that all posts made since Friday at 6am (UK time) are lost. I am therefore asking that if you have made any posts in that timeframe that you wish to save so that you can re-post them once the site is back online, you save them now - you'll need to save them offline onto something like a Word document. Should this be possible, I hope that we'll be able to do this tomorrow (UKMIX will remain read only until then).

The facility to edit your posts still exists - this is particularly helpful if you have a heavily formatted post (as you can edit the post, and select the Source buttom - this will then enable you to save the post with all the formatting options).

You will only have the rest of Sunday to save your posts - therefore, please do this ASAP. Please note that this only applies to posts made since Friday at 6am - all other posts are perfecftly safe.

If you have any queries, please email wayne@ukmix.org or contact us via Facebook/Twitter (@UKMIX).

Comment

• Unfortunately, the backup option isn't a workable solution - as some of you know, we have a script that runs each morning at around 5:15am (UK time) and it overwrites the previous day's backup. As I didn't pick up on this until Saturday afternoon, we've unfortunately only got Saturday morning's backup. And the error that resulted in thankfulforkelly losing all of his posts occurred on Friday. morning.

Therefore, there won't be a backup and there's no requirement to save your posts.

Comment

• Wow, this sucks. So sorry for thankfulforkelly

Comment

• Terrible to hear what happened to thankfulforkelly ! But I will vouch for you playing some of my survivor games any time you need a confirmation!
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• It was a cultural reset! On the one hand it’s a shame but on the other hand is it really that bad to have posts erased from the internet when I was 14 or 15 and I thought ‘thankfulforkelly’ would be a cute username
                                              Fiat 500

Comment

• How to change a signature ? I didn't find this option.
                                                My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                                In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                  as cheapthrills and thriller explained to me before:
                                                  It's under User Settings. You need to go to the account tab. There's a link to edit your signature next to where it says Conversation Detail Options.
                                                  VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                                                  ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

Working...
                                                  X