X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
    Wayne

I got the following mail in the middle of the night:

It's pretty obvious that wasn't me because I wasn't awake at that time and I'm logged in on all of my devices. So I'm a bit worried at what this may mean. Since I'm not the biggest tech guy, is there something I need to check / do? Password change on UKMix maybe?
    It essentially means what it says in the email - that someone has tried to access your account but has failed to guess the password correctly. It’s a safety feature to let you know that someone has unsuccessfully tried to access your account - you can change your password if you want (and I would encourage all users to do this on a regular basis) but your password looks to have kept them out.

When I’m back in front of my laptop, I’ll conduct an IP check against our database to see if it’s someone who’s registered here or whether it’s an unscrupulous bot or something like that.

Comment

• Tansike
      Tansike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

• This has been a really messy morning for UKMix. The board keeps crashing, and I'm having a hard time posting. Keep getting a time out 504 error.
    Last edited by KEY9481; Wed August 26, 2020, 11:14.
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I'll post my comment from a few days ago here, I posted in the maintenance thread but got no response.

I'm sorry if I come across annoying with my "The site doesn't work, the site doesn't work" posts but, the site doesn't work.
      It's offline atleast a few hours every day, posting anything may or may not work, opening a thread may or may not work.
      It's just incredibly annoying and it doesn't motivate people to keep posting here. I have found myself to forget even visiting for a few days because most of the times I try I can't even get access and when I try to post something and it just fails to upload it's like...whatever.
      I can't believe these issues prevail still after so long. I know you do the best you can Wayne and you keep fixing it, but how about finding a way to fix things permanently?
      Some threads that are usually incredibly active don't get posts for a full day! It's just a shame.

Comment

• Yes, it has gone down for me this morning as well. My guess is that it has something to do with the vBulletin software?

Comment

• The problem sits primarily with the memory - the vBulletin software is relatively resource intensive (which massively drains memory - this is why the moderation actions take time as an e.g. as they are returning a number of queries which drains the memory) and the database needs some optimising. As part of the upgrade to the more recent version of vBulletin, we've done some optimisation but there's still more to be done.

As the moderation team will be aware as I have previously mentioned, I need to upgrade the server - but this is both timely and quite expensive. It's also not straightforward. I'll do it eventually.

Comment

• Cannot access to the topic Thirty Years Gone: 1989 Retro: Week 52: 28 December 1989
            could somebody fix this?
            everytime by clicking on the thread name it redirects me to the UKMix homepage

Comment

• Forum keeps being annoyingly slow today as well.

Comment

• The site is frequently unavailable/inaccessible on any given day. I don’t know if it’s just me. I have to keep checking for availability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  The problem sits primarily with the memory - the vBulletin software is relatively resource intensive (which massively drains memory - this is why the moderation actions take time as an e.g. as they are returning a number of queries which drains the memory) and the database needs some optimising. As part of the upgrade to the more recent version of vBulletin, we've done some optimisation but there's still more to be done.

As the moderation team will be aware as I have previously mentioned, I need to upgrade the server - but this is both timely and quite expensive. It's also not straightforward. I'll do it eventually.
                  Isn't it possible to start a little fundraiser on the board? Those who can and want to could tribute some money. I'm sure there are some who are willing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Isn't it possible to start a little fundraiser on the board? Those who can and want to could tribute some money. I'm sure there are some who are willing.
                    No, I’ll do it eventually.

This morning was frustrating, apologies for that. I couldn’t do anything about it as was posting from my phone. But the site seems fine now.

Comment

• ^ No, the page is still struggling a lot (at least for me).

Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Wasn't that the reason a premium membership existed? It's sad how that's not available anymore...

Comment

^ No, the page is still struggling a lot (at least for me).

Wasn't that the reason a premium membership existed? It's sad how that's not available anymore...
                        For me as well.
                        But things will be allright, 'eventually'.

Comment

• Just re-booting the server, so there will be less than a minute or so of downtime.

Comment

• Did the "comment" function disappear? I only see quote, flag and like buttons...

Comment

Did the "comment" function disappear? I only see quote, flag and like buttons...
                              Yes. A forum upgrade we can finally stan.
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Did the "comment" function disappear? I only see quote, flag and like buttons...
                                Yeah, it has been disabled for now, though that might not be permanent. It seemed to cause a lot of confusion as to its purpose.

Comment

• Ummm... some people are still able to comment tho? How does that work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                                    Ummm... some people are still able to comment tho? How does that work?
                                    Can you show me where so I can investigate?

Comment

Can you show me where so I can investigate?
                                      Sure.
                                      Mariah Carey thread
                                      Thu September 10, 2020, 22:25

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post

Sure.
                                        Mariah Carey thread
                                        Thu September 10, 2020, 22:25
                                        Permissions issue - those in the Newly Registered Usergroup had not had this feature removed, they have now! Thanks for flagging.

Comment

• We're back...

Comment

• Yesterday was just a normal day on UKMix

Comment

• I wish we could subscribe to topics where only the author of the topic updates and we are advised.
                                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Your usergroup isn't permitted to add attachments currently.

I've never gotten round to configuring the permissions for the Premium Users usergroup - but I envisage this being one of that group potentially.
                                                Wayne - the same issue happens for me. I can't add an attachment which is somewhat annoying. Any chance I'm in that usergroup that isn't permitted to add attachments? Can we be 'reconfigured' please to do so?

Topicel

Comment

• Any idea how I can remove my signature on the mobile version? Can’t seem to find a way to do it

Comment

Working...
                                                  X