No announcement yet.

UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else getting an error when they try to post? I get an error, but it still posts.

But I'm unable to edit any of my previous posts, like the OP in FSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      Is anyone else getting an error when they try to post? I get an error, but it still posts.

But I'm unable to edit any of my previous posts, like the OP in FSC.
      Was this temporary or is it still happening?

Comment

• cheapthrills
        cheapthrills commented
        Editing a comment
        It has resolved! Thanks

• For the past three days the board has been crashing at various time, only showing me this :

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null in phar:///home/ukmixred/public_html/core/vb/vb.phar/api/wrapper.php:254 Stack trace: #0 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(105): vB_Api_Wrapper->__call('fetchCurrentUse...', Array) #1 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/vb5/user.php(52): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi('user', 'fetchCurrentUse...', Array) #2 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/vb5/user.php(41): vB5_User->__construct() #3 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/vb5/user.php(76): vB5_User::instance() #4 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/vb5/string.php(406): vB5_User::get('lang_charset') #5 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(562): vB5_String::getCharset() #6 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(480): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::setCharset() #7 /home/ukmixred/public_html/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php(636): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::minErrorPage(false, Object(vB_Exception_Database), Array) # in phar:///home/ukmixred/public_html/core/vb/vb.phar/api/wrapper.php on line 254
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
        For the past three days the board has been crashing at various time, only showing me this :

[/B]
        This was happening to me after I changed my password. After talking to Wayne, you need to go into your settings and change the number of posts per page to 30 from the default.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

This was happening to me after I changed my password. After talking to Wayne, you need to go into your settings and change the number of posts per page to 30 from the default.
          Ok will do, thanks!
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Got a few problems:

1. If I log in, and look at a long thread, it can take minutes to load, because the entire thread loads as one page. In "user settings"/account, whatever I set "posts per page" to, it always changes back to "use forum default". If I log out I can look a long thread in a reasonable time, because only a limited amount of data loads in one go.

2. I am unable to send private messages. If I log in, and click on any user's name in a thread, then on "private message", I get "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page". In user settings/Account, "enable private messaging" is ticked.

3. If I change anything in User settings/Account, I always have to update my email address, because it gets overwritten with my user name by default.

Comment

• Originally posted by chartmark View Post
              Got a few problems:

1. If I log in, and look at a long thread, it can take minutes to load, because the entire thread loads as one page. In "user settings"/account, whatever I set "posts per page" to, it always changes back to "use forum default". If I log out I can look a long thread in a reasonable time, because only a limited amount of data loads in one go.

2. I am unable to send private messages. If I log in, and click on any user's name in a thread, then on "private message", I get "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page". In user settings/Account, "enable private messaging" is ticked.

3. If I change anything in User settings/Account, I always have to update my email address, because it gets overwritten with my user name by default.
              Hi Mark:

I think your item in #1 is the same thing as above. You'll want to go into your settings and change the number of posts per page form the default to 30 per page. I am not sure there is a fix for #3.

Wayne might know what the deal is with #2

Comment

Got a few problems:

members with less than 10 posts on their account are not permitted to send a private messages,
                when you pass that number, you will get permission

ps.welcome!

Comment

• Thanks, navi. Good to know.

Comment

• cheapthrills, is it likely that the reason I am unable to change my "posts per page" is down to the "less than 10 posts" rule?

Comment

• Hey guys, I really appreciate all the energy you have to develop this forum but I'm having extremely big issues right now. I can't access my account, when I enter my data at the top right, the "Logging in..." label stays for eternity and there's no redirecting to my profile. Almost none of the buttons work for me and this is a problem I'm experiencing even with the latest version of Firefox. I really don't know what's happening but three weeks ago this forum worked on any kind of device I used and any browser version, now I can't even log in. I'd be very glad if there's a way to fix... I'm surprised I could post this...
                      Top 10 - 27.11.2020.

Comment

cheapthrills, is it likely that the reason I am unable to change my "posts per page" is down to the "less than 10 posts" rule?
                        Correct.

What you're describing is an autofill issue with your browser - so when you go into your settings, you'll need to make sure that the email address boxes are empty and the password boxes are empty as they auto-populate based on some browsers.

You'll then need to make the amendments to your "Posts Per Page" and press save.

Comment

• Originally posted by Top10 View Post
                          Hey guys, I really appreciate all the energy you have to develop this forum but I'm having extremely big issues right now. I can't access my account, when I enter my data at the top right, the "Logging in..." label stays for eternity and there's no redirecting to my profile. Almost none of the buttons work for me and this is a problem I'm experiencing even with the latest version of Firefox. I really don't know what's happening but three weeks ago this forum worked on any kind of device I used and any browser version, now I can't even log in. I'd be very glad if there's a way to fix... I'm surprised I could post this...
                          This is a really strange issue.

1. Can you sign into your account without issue?
                          2. If you can, once you're in your account, can you view topics without issue?
                          3. If you can't access your account without issue, can you please clear your browser cache and browsing history of any UKMIX-related items and repeat step 1 and let me know whether that changes anything?

If conversing via PM is easier or email (wayne@ukmix.org), please do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Correct.

What you're describing is an autofill issue with your browser - so when you go into your settings, you'll need to make sure that the email address boxes are empty and the password boxes are empty as they auto-populate based on some browsers.

You'll then need to make the amendments to your "Posts Per Page" and press save.
                            Thanks for your help, Wayne. I did what you said, and now I can see threads in limited amounts. The settings still shows "use forum default", though, even after I changed it, but it's not a problem.

Comment

Thanks for your help, Wayne. I did what you said, and now I can see threads in limited amounts. The settings still shows "use forum default", though, even after I changed it, but it's not a problem.
                              What do you mean you can see threads in limited amounts?

The settings look like they’ve reverted - but provided you saved correctly, what you saved will have saved. However, next time you edit your settings, you will need to make sure that you amend this particular setting again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

What do you mean you can see threads in limited amounts?

The settings look like they’ve reverted - but provided you saved correctly, what you saved will have saved. However, next time you edit your settings, you will need to make sure that you amend this particular setting again.
                                Sorry, I didn't phrase that very well. I only meant that I don't have to wait ages any more while the entire thread loads, which is good.

And thanks for the advice about next time I edit my settings.

Comment

• I have problems with the conversion detail options.

I want to change it to Show 20 Posts per page but it doesn’t work.

Whenever I open a thread via mobile phone the pages are loading endlessly and I cannot even scroll down to the bottom page.

EDIT: Please ignore this post. It seems to work now after the 4th time changing the conversion detail options. I'll get back to you if the problem occurs anytime soon again.
                                  Last edited by Loose; Thu November 26, 2020, 14:30.
                                  "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                  X