No announcement yet.

UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a serious problem with UKmix! :evil: I don`t know if it`s from my network connection or from UKmix but after 5 minutes of surfing on UKmix, the site starts loading for 15 seconds, crashes and after 2 minutes allows me to surf normally again... And that`s at every 5 minutes... It`s so excruciating... Any suggestions how to fix things up? :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgostar
      Yes, but not all of us are observant B. That said, I am keeping an eye out for "1 new message" now....but I still miss the notification.
      I also don't like that you don't get any notification anymore after a PM arrives. This way it can happen that I only read after a couple of hours because I don't notice it...

The thread titles need to be reformed as well because something like "Beyoncé" is a pain in the eye... It seems to concern French, Spanish and other not-English-typical signs...
      Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• They look fine when you go to edit them (I know, did this when I updated the ACA index to check, they're fine)...seems to be a problem with existing topics when we switched over to the new forum.
        Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gagich
          I have a serious problem with UKmix! :evil: I don`t know if it`s from my network connection or from UKmix but after 5 minutes of surfing on UKmix, the site starts loading for 15 seconds, crashes and after 2 minutes allows me to surf normally again... And that`s at every 5 minutes... It`s so excruciating... Any suggestions how to fix things up? :-?
          I installed Opera today and this problem hasn`t occured yet!

Comment

• I noticed that when you quote somone and that post has an emoticon at the beginning, it doesn't transfer over fully on to the quote window. I've solved it, just press the space bar once in front of the emoticon on the quote. Voila.
            My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• Lars,

why some BBCodes are not working here, like this:

[table]
              [tr]
              [th]Name[/th]
              [th]Age[/th]
              [/tr]
              [tr]
              [td]John[/td]
              [td]65[/td]
              [/tr]
              [tr]
              [td]Gitte[/td]
              [td]40[/td]
              [/tr]
              [tr]
              [td]Sussie[/td]
              [td]19[/td]
              [/tr]
              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• [tab] is also not working for me.
                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• lars, please turn more code on. I would like to have more variety.
                  last.fm
                  Chun's monthly most listened

Comment

• Not really a problem but maybe an idea: Could it be added to ukmix that times automatically switch from winter to summer time and the other way around so it doesn't have to be changed every half a year?
                    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• One tab I would quite like is the ability to resize pictures so they can all be the same size when doing charts etc..
                      1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                        Not really a problem but maybe an idea: Could it be added to ukmix that times automatically switch from winter to summer time and the other way around so it doesn't have to be changed every half a year?
                        Some countries don't have a summer time though.

Comment

• But I assume that only a certain time zone has those changing times, doesn't it? Then the feature could be added to this certain time zone that each half a year, it switches one hour back or forth...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                            But I assume that only a certain time zone has those changing times, doesn't it? Then the feature could be added to this certain time zone that each half a year, it switches one hour back or forth...
                            Nope. Sydney and Brisbane in Australia and Japan for example all belong to the same time zone if I'm not wrong. But while Japan does need summer time right now because it's that far north, Sydney needs winter time because it's that far south and Brisbane has the same time all year long because it's 'quite' near to the equator if you get what I mean.
                            Same applies for North America, South America and the Caribbean or Europe/North Africa, Central Africa and South Africa.

Comment

• Is the site working slow for anyone else?

Edit: I think it's just the home page which is dead slow, rest is fine

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab95
                                Originally posted by Timmy94
                                But I assume that only a certain time zone has those changing times, doesn't it? Then the feature could be added to this certain time zone that each half a year, it switches one hour back or forth...
                                Nope. Sydney and Brisbane in Australia and Japan for example all belong to the same time zone if I'm not wrong.
                                Japan is an hour behind Sydney, or 2 hours if you factor in Daylight Savings/Summer Time (which we are still on until overnight Sunday). Brisbane doesn't have DST/Summer Time (neither does Perth, who are normally 2 hours behind, 3 hours in DST), they're still an hour ahead regardless (might be on the same timezone once they go into DST though). #confusing
                                Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab95
                                  Nope. Sydney and Brisbane in Australia and Japan for example all belong to the same time zone if I'm not wrong.
                                  Japan is an hour behind Sydney, or 2 hours if you factor in Daylight Savings/Summer Time (which we are still on until overnight Sunday). Brisbane doesn't have DST/Summer Time (neither does Perth, who are normally 2 hours behind, 3 hours in DST), they're still an hour ahead regardless (might be on the same timezone once they go into DST though). #confusing
                                  Then there's NZ, who is 2 hours ahead of Aussie in general! Timezones are very confusing
                                  I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab95
                                    Yeah, Australia is probably the most confusing country when it comes to time zones. I hope Timmy got my point anyway. You can't automatically switch from standard to summer time when the countries that lie on the Southern Hemisphere yet in the same time zone have the exact opposite season and the countries near the equator have summer almost all year long.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                      Is the site working slow for anyone else?

For me it's been overall pretty slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wardo
                                        Originally posted by UKMusicLova

Me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon
                                          Originally posted by Wardo
                                          Originally posted by UKMusicLova

Me too.
                                          Me three... :-?

Comment

• It's been really slow loading up. Once I'm in, then it's fine.

Comment

• I think it's because 2 new members registered
                                              I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Merci
                                                I think it's because 2 new members registered

Comment

• Originally posted by UKMIX
                                                  Your message contains 77706 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.
                                                  :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Haribo
                                                    Originally posted by UKMIX
                                                    Your message contains 77706 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.
                                                    :(
                                                    Oh, didn't know there was a restriction.
                                                    What am I going to do with my personal chart archive now, I only reserved one post for that..?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X