• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, yes, it's back! Thank you, Lars!
    Akini's Top 100 Songs of 2020: [#1!]
    Akini's Top 25 Albums of 2020: [#1!]
    Akini's Top 25 Artists of 2020: [#1!]

Comment

• Got the 500 internal server error too. :( Glad to see we're back up & running though!
      Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

• It's back. Everything is fine again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfsmagik
          It's back. Everything is fine again.
          Yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gagich
            Originally posted by Wolfsmagik
            It's back. Everything is fine again.
            Yeah!
            Thanks for solving the problem!

Comment

• For the last few weeks UKmix has been loading very slowly for me, it's like I need to wait 10 minutes for a page to load. So annoying!
              Some people believe in God, I believe in music. Some people pray, I turn up the radio.

Comment

• Yesterday afternoon when UKMIX was down was very scary So glad it came back up eventually!
                I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lars
                  This looks like a problem with the web font. Each variant (bold, italic) is loaded separately, and one or more of the variants have not loaded correctly for you.

Do you still get the problem if you clear your cache? (Clear the cache, since the beginning of time, but not your cookies, unless you want to log in to all your favourite sites again).

Does anyone else get this?

I might have to introduce some JavaScript trickery to detect the missing font and substitute it or something. I've logged an issue on Github.
                  Hi lars

A follow up to my original post: I'm still having the same problem when I view the forums (fora?!) using Firefox but I don't have any problems at all when using IE9. I've even tried disabling all add-ons in Firefox but the problem still persists. As the problem started while I was using FF19 rather than FF20 that I am currently using it isn't the version of Firefox that is causing the problem but rather it seems to be Firefox itself.

Can you think of anything that may be causing me to have this problem when using Firefox? I prefer to use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer so don't want to switch browsers.

It's not a problem that bothers me as all I need to do is hit F5 to refresh the page but I'm puzzled at what could be causing the problem in the first place. I've not encountered this problem at any other website - it looks like Firefox is picking on ukmix!

Comment

• Lars, could you please do something with one little bug...

Hanboo is posting the chart runs as one let's say "word", like this:

6. ONE MORE TIME
                    Written by: A Moore/Guy Manuel De Homem-Christo/Thomas Bangalter
                    Produced by: Thomas Bangalter/Guy Manuel De Homem-Christo
                    Date: 25/11/2000 - Run:  *2*-7-13-19-28-29-22-26-35-46-59-70-83-86-91-94-90-87-105-106-109-101-119-132-110-98-114-116-138-143-137-152-140-147-117-134-159-165-135-142-151-169-157-0-162-196-179-185-0-0-0-156-176-156-0-192-0-0-0- (51 wsf)
                               12/01/2002: 166-189-0-170-0-0-0-196 (55-43c/2 wks)
                    Total # of re-entries: 6
                    Total # of weeks: 55-43c (Top 10: 2 Top 75: 12) US:#61/16

but as you can see some numbers are cut from the site and you can only see them when quoting the post...

6. ONE MORE TIME
                    Date: 25/11/2000 - Run:  *2*-7-13-19-28-29-22-26-35-46-59-70-83-86-91-94-90-87-105-106-109-101-119-132-110-98-114-116-138-143-137-152-140-147-117-134-159-165-135-142-151-169-157-0-162-196-179-185-0-0-0-156-176-156-0-192-0-0-0- (51 wsf)
                    oh wrong, now it's not even shown when quoting ... let's try with CODE:

Code:
                        6. ONE MORE TIME
                    yes, with CODE it's working... but it is not what was expected to be...

thanks in advance
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• ^
                      I've had this problem with parts of long chart runs being cut for years, in fact possibly since late 2004 or so which was when I started using Firefox when it was Firefox 1.0. The problem has persisted all this time. The chart run you have posted above has been cut with the numbers disappearing off the edge of the page, it's like Firefox can't seem to "word wrap" when it's a continuous set of numbers separated by a hyphen (the - you see between the numbers).

I don't have, and have never have had, this problem in Internet Explorer and I've just tried Google Chrome and that is displaying your post without any problems too. I can see all of the chart run for 'One More Time' that you have posted.

It seems (for me at least) that Firefox has problems with ukmix, the ongoing problem that has existed from day one with displaying chart runs correctly and now the problem with Firefox displaying certain fonts used on ukmix correctly, as per my post above yours (and which is still ongoing). The only site I ever have any problems with when using Firefox is ukmix. I think I'm going to have to abandon using Firefox when viewing ukmix.

What browser are you using jszmiles?

Comment

• Here is jszmile's post as I am viewing it in Firefox 20

and here is how I am viewing it in Internet Explorer 9 (and Google Chrome)

as can be seen the chart run is curtailed in Firefox 20 but can be viewed in full in Internet Explorer 9, as well as Google Chrome.

Edit: I'm posting from my laptop which runs Windows 7 and have just realised I'm running Internet Explorer 10, not 9, but when using Internet Explorer 9 I never had any problems viewing long chart runs that "wrap" to a second and subsequent line.

Comment

• I am using Opera.
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• I just posted in this thread but I can't see my post, unless I try to post another one.

The thread's also in the main section as if Wardo's the last one that posted something, but when I click in the link to see my post it's not there!

Edit: hours later, my post remains hidden for me (I only see it if I'm posting another one so I scroll down and see that it's there).

Can someone please say if my post is visible today? It's a picture of Frank Ocean.

Comment

• Your post has shown up today for me Ed.

Still having issues with this italics business. :evil: I wonder though if it's a Firefox issue.

Comment

• Just a question (in anticipation of the new Mariah song loool)..... How do you turn off that feature where you press submit to enter a post but then it shows a post that was made while you were typing your post?

Every time something new premiers or a big event happens and a topic is moving quickly, I find myself sitting there for a couple of minutes pressing submit over and over again only to have a new post appear for me to consider before posting.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
                                Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Comment

• Yes I do and I've got no idea how to disable such a feature, sorry!

Comment

• ^
                                    From a quick google it seems like this feature has to be disabled by admin on a forum by forum basis rather than it being something that a user can do.

For example see this thread, especially the last post

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29642

The thread is from 2008/2009 but I believe ukmix is using the same forum software so unless this option has changed in subsequent releases of the software the option to disable Post Review is probably still there.

Comment

• I've noticed gaps appearing under the thread titles on some main forum pages, it looks a bit untidy. Any reason/solution?

EDIT: I've just realised it's because the date and time goes on to a new line so for example Wednesday will push it over as it's a longer word. You can change it in forum preferences in your control panel.

Comment

• Recently I opened a couple of threads in the genre sections and noticed that there was a problem with longer thread titles. These days many songs have one or more features and/or long titles, so you need to use short cuts that they fit in there...
                                        Same in the news/gossip-area... Is it possible to allow longer headlines?
                                        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie
                                          Originally posted by lars
                                          This looks like a problem with the web font. Each variant (bold, italic) is loaded separately, and one or more of the variants have not loaded correctly for you.

Do you still get the problem if you clear your cache? (Clear the cache, since the beginning of time, but not your cookies, unless you want to log in to all your favourite sites again).

Does anyone else get this?

I might have to introduce some JavaScript trickery to detect the missing font and substitute it or something. I've logged an issue on Github.
                                          Hi lars

A follow up to my original post: I'm still having the same problem when I view the forums (fora?!) using Firefox but I don't have any problems at all when using IE9. I've even tried disabling all add-ons in Firefox but the problem still persists. As the problem started while I was using FF19 rather than FF20 that I am currently using it isn't the version of Firefox that is causing the problem but rather it seems to be Firefox itself.

Can you think of anything that may be causing me to have this problem when using Firefox? I prefer to use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer so don't want to switch browsers.

It's not a problem that bothers me as all I need to do is hit F5 to refresh the page but I'm puzzled at what could be causing the problem in the first place. I've not encountered this problem at any other website - it looks like Firefox is picking on ukmix!
                                          Hi Lars

A second follow up to my original post:

The problem I was having with the web font when viewing ukmix has now disappeared and I have been able to view ukmix without any problems for the past few days. I don't know if you did any tweaks but the problem vanished at roughly the same time as my version of Firefox was updated from Firefox 20 to Firefox 21 - the update happened on 15 May, which is roughly about when the problem stopped. It does seem to have been a Firefox related problem.

Comment

• Another problem: I wanted to search an older P!nk thread but the search said that "P!nk" was an ineligible search item and it couldn't show me the thread I looked for with "Pink". So could it be fixed to the level that that signs, if others than numbers and letters, are allowed for the search as well?
                                            Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
                                              Another problem: I wanted to search an older P!nk thread but the search said that "P!nk" was an ineligible search item and it couldn't show me the thread I looked for with "Pink". So could it be fixed to the level that that signs, if others than numbers and letters, are allowed for the search as well?
                                              idk. All I can say is try finding a thread via Google. Type the name of thread and just add ukmix, mand you should find it!
                                              be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• site:ukmix.org + your search into Google is a much more accurate way to search - it indexes the whole site.

Comment

• I never have an issue with UKMIX search and never have! I don't think people look at the instructions properly.

Comment

• Since one week I get Pop-Ups from gaming sites from time to time :-? They just pop-up while you scroll down a thread... Anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X