No announcement yet.

UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd moved the site forums onto a different template when I was fiddling with the homepage I wanted to add - and the Mark As Read feature only works when the forum is against the main forum index as that's where the javascript is used that makes the feature work.

Comment

• How do I see my reputation activity ?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        How do I see my reputation activity ?
        I think if you are gold, you have a full bar below your title? Wayne sometimes posts a list

Wayne, I am seeing in my headers NAVBAR_FORUM - is anyone else getting that?

Comment

• Marchum
          Marchum commented
          Editing a comment
          i also see that

• Thriller
          Thriller commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s been like that for a while now.

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

I think if you are gold, you have a full bar below your title? Wayne sometimes posts a list

Wayne, I am seeing in my headers NAVBAR_FORUM - is anyone else getting that?
        I used to be able to click a link and see who gave me reputation and their comments. That seems to have disappeared now.

Comment

• I'm sorry, I scrolled way back in this thread but I can't seem to find how to change my signature?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
            I'm sorry, I scrolled way back in this thread but I can't seem to find how to change my signature?
            Go to User Settings, the tab Account and you have to click on Edit Post Signature and the editor will appear.

I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Go to User Settings, the tab Account and you have to click on Edit Post Signature and the editor will appear.

Jesus I'm blind. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Wayne it's working grand now. Thank you!
                Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I used to be able to click a link and see who gave me reputation and their comments. That seems to have disappeared now.
                  I think I saw it posted somewhere that rep comments have been replaced by the like.

Comment

• I feel like the limitation for a signature is pretty low with 500 characters. I can't even put up three different links from UKMix because those links are so long (longer than in the previous forum).

Is it possible to put up a higher limitation OR is something like the premium membership coming back soon?

Also I just wonder if people who still had a premium membership before taking it down still have their advantages. I know they paid for it (and I just forgot to check my junk mailbox for the notification that it expires for me) but... isn't it a bit unfair if some people have those advantages while the others have no chance of getting them as well, especially for this long?

Comment

• Can someone help me with the Instagram embed here: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/al...4068-brandy-b7
                      I followed the instructions above...

Comment

• Originally posted by quilmrt View Post
                        Can someone help me with the Instagram embed here: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/al...4068-brandy-b7
                        I followed the instructions above...
                        Page doesn’t exist?
                        THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• I am a longtime user of UKM, and in particular always loved to visit the sticky page Chart Histories in the Chart Analysis forum. But since the changes in January it is next to useless with large type spoiling most entries and chart runs, and some pages coming up with:

"Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

This was clicking on the Frank Sinatra index on page one, but just about any one is broken too. Considering this had over one million views, surely it is worth preserving, especially as the stalwart creator, the late great Hanboo, spent so much time and energy in presenting the information for us all to use.

Why can't this be made available using the new server? It is definitely worth saving...

Topicel

Comment

• Does anyone else have the same problem where they have to log in pretty much each time they enter a new page/thread? Even as I'm writing this, I've been logged out due to 'inactivity'. This has been happening quite a bit since the site upgrade, but since yesterday it's happening all the time. I'm using Safari. Has this been happening to anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                              Does anyone else have the same problem where they have to log in pretty much each time they enter a new page/thread? Even as I'm writing this, I've been logged out due to 'inactivity'. This has been happening quite a bit since the site upgrade, but since yesterday it's happening all the time. I'm using Safari. Has this been happening to anyone else?
                              Have you checked the "Remember Me" option? Does it happen on different browsers? What are your cache options on the browser you use?

I've currently got the timeout option set to 7,200 seconds (2 hours) which is half what it was but should still be sufficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topicel View Post
                                I am a longtime user of UKM, and in particular always loved to visit the sticky page Chart Histories in the Chart Analysis forum. But since the changes in January it is next to useless with large type spoiling most entries and chart runs, and some pages coming up with:

"Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

This was clicking on the Frank Sinatra index on page one, but just about any one is broken too. Considering this had over one million views, surely it is worth preserving, especially as the stalwart creator, the late great Hanboo, spent so much time and energy in presenting the information for us all to use.

Why can't this be made available using the new server? It is definitely worth saving...

Topicel
                                I agree this needs to be fixed but it's not straightforward - I have some SQL queries I can execute (which are very database intensive) which will fix the formatting options in the topic (e.g. where the text appears too large) but the URLs are a different matter - it might be more difficult to fix these.

On VB4, these queries could be executed across the whole site but on VB5, you have to execute them against the individual topic. In short, I've been running some tests to get the SQL query right and will fix what I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  I'd moved the site forums onto a different template when I was fiddling with the homepage I wanted to add - and the Mark As Read feature only works when the forum is against the main forum index as that's where the javascript is used that makes the feature work.
                                  Marking all as read on the main forum page, via the little house icon, doesn't work anymore. It does through the 'forum' link though.
                                  THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Marking all as read on the main forum page, via the little house icon, doesn't work anymore. It does through the 'forum' link though.
                                    My savior.
                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Why my "Attractive blonde female singers" thread was closed ?

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• I am unable to edit or quote this post on my personal charts thread to clean it up. Even the post after it can't be edited. Is someone else able to close the quote that is causing the problem?

Comment

• ^
                                          Nope! The editing commands don't work.
                                          trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                          trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• cheapthrills
                                            cheapthrills commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Thanks for looking! I ended up having to delete the post and re-doing it.

• All my old posts have been erased? I only have 4 posts now. I went into a few threads that I knew I definitely commented in and i couldn’t see my posts. Someone had quoted one so I definitely had posted.

Maybe it’s a glitch with my phone but I’d be a bit sad if all my posts have disappeared
                                          Fiat 500

Comment

• I don't know if it's just me but I think there's a glitch as well in the "Last Post" section. It's not really showing the real last posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly View Post
                                              All my old posts have been erased? I only have 4 posts now. I went into a few threads that I knew I definitely commented in and i couldn’t see my posts. Someone had quoted one so I definitely had posted.

Maybe it’s a glitch with my phone but I’d be a bit sad if all my posts have disappeared
                                              Nope, it really doesn't show up all of your posts and it's really weird. I hope someone can get them back... also, this leaves me worrying if it may happen to others as well. Already thought about a topic that lost some posts today and now I get why...

Also having the same issue as abi with the 'Last Post', plus I'm getting lots of errors when I want to post something today (it doesn't let me post the post, but when I close the window and open it again, the post is actually posted).

Comment

• The following message appeared when I was trying to add a post in the artist chart analysis subforum. The post was not added at first but like 5 minutes after the error. Same error appears when I want to edit posts.
                                                Whitney Houston

Comment

All my old posts have been erased? I only have 4 posts now. I went into a few threads that I knew I definitely commented in and i couldn’t see my posts. Someone had quoted one so I definitely had posted.

I don't see your posts either

Comment

• INvalid SQL: SELECT `cacheid` FROM cacheevent WHERE `event` IN ('nodeChg_10404676','nodeChg_119705','nodeChg_33','nodeChg_17','nodeChg_2','nodeChg_1');

Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Nope, it really doesn't show up all of your posts and it's really weird. I hope someone can get them back... also, this leaves me worrying if it may happen to others as well. Already thought about a topic that lost some posts today and now I get why...

Also having the same issue as abi with the 'Last Post', plus I'm getting lots of errors when I want to post something today (it doesn't let me post the post, but when I close the window and open it again, the post is actually posted).
                                                      Oh no. That’s sad. Over 5000 posts and my history on this site has been erased :(
                                                      Fiat 500

Comment

Oh no. That’s sad. Over 5000 posts and my history on this site has been erased :(
                                                        ...I just realized I lost some posts as well, because I'm sure I crossed 54k a few days ago and now I'm a bit below 54k again

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
                                                          The following message appeared when I was trying to add a post in the artist chart analysis subforum. The post was not added at first but like 5 minutes after the error. Same error appears when I want to edit posts.
                                                          Yeah it's annoying...
                                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                          X