No announcement yet.

UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error message also popping up every time I post?
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Same, and my posts are still Gone (with Christine and the Queens)
      Fiat 500

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly View Post
        Same, and my posts are still Gone (with Christine and the Queens)
        Your posts definitely are deleted Joe - sorry. I'm still trying to unpick why this has happened, but I'll probably roll the forum back to try and restore your posts if I can (it'll mean that forum activity for today is unfortunately lost though).

Comment

• NOTICE

Due to human error, one of our valued posters lost his posts and whole history at UKMIX.

To try and remedy this and restore that user's posts, I'm looking at potentially rolling back the forum and restoring us to where we were on Friday morning - unfortunately, this would mean that all posts made since Friday at 6am (UK time) are lost. I am therefore asking that if you have made any posts in that timeframe that you wish to save so that you can re-post them once the site is back online, you save them now - you'll need to save them offline onto something like a Word document. Should this be possible, I hope that we'll be able to do this tomorrow (UKMIX will remain read only until then).

The facility to edit your posts still exists - this is particularly helpful if you have a heavily formatted post (as you can edit the post, and select the Source buttom - this will then enable you to save the post with all the formatting options).

You will only have the rest of Sunday to save your posts - therefore, please do this ASAP. Please note that this only applies to posts made since Friday at 6am - all other posts are perfecftly safe.

If you have any queries, please email wayne@ukmix.org or contact us via Facebook/Twitter (@UKMIX).

Comment

• Unfortunately, the backup option isn't a workable solution - as some of you know, we have a script that runs each morning at around 5:15am (UK time) and it overwrites the previous day's backup. As I didn't pick up on this until Saturday afternoon, we've unfortunately only got Saturday morning's backup. And the error that resulted in thankfulforkelly losing all of his posts occurred on Friday. morning.

Therefore, there won't be a backup and there's no requirement to save your posts.

Comment

• Wow, this sucks. So sorry for thankfulforkelly

Comment

• Terrible to hear what happened to thankfulforkelly ! But I will vouch for you playing some of my survivor games any time you need a confirmation!
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• It was a cultural reset! On the one hand it’s a shame but on the other hand is it really that bad to have posts erased from the internet when I was 14 or 15 and I thought ‘thankfulforkelly’ would be a cute username
                  Fiat 500

Comment

• How to change a signature ? I didn't find this option.
                    My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                    In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                      as cheapthrills and thriller explained to me before:
                      It's under User Settings. You need to go to the account tab. There's a link to edit your signature next to where it says Conversation Detail Options.
                      VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                      ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly View Post
                        It was a cultural reset! On the one hand it’s a shame but on the other hand is it really that bad to have posts erased from the internet when I was 14 or 15 and I thought ‘thankfulforkelly’ would be a cute username
                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Never mind. Edit.

Comment

• Can someone tell me why cheapthrills keeps coming for my wig?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                              Can someone tell me why cheapthrills keeps coming for my wig?
                              Grill, you mean?
                              Originally posted by beredy
                              When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Point of view removed.
                                Last edited by InFamous; Mon June 1st, 2020, 02:41.

Comment

• UKMix seems to struggle a lot at the moment. Or am I the only one having problems with the site right now? It takes ages to load something, sometimes it doesn't even work...

Comment

• Wayne RayRay just hit me up, he can‘t post on the forum since the last update (so last weekend). Could you check that out please? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      Wayne RayRay just hit me up, he can‘t post on the forum since the last update (so last weekend). Could you check that out please? Thanks!
                                      His settings are no different to yours, so not sure why he can't post - I've refreshed his usergroup settings but he probably needs to clear his browser cache as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                        UKMix seems to struggle a lot at the moment. Or am I the only one having problems with the site right now? It takes ages to load something, sometimes it doesn't even work...
                                        It's a mess. Error upon error.

Comment

• Site works great for me I would say 95 percent of the time.

Comment

• The tweet embedding looks so much better now.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• My post count went down. It was 272 on a Sunday. The next Sunday, it was 250.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                                                My post count went down. It was 272 on a Sunday. The next Sunday, it was 250.
                                                Unfortunately Chris, you are likely to have been impacted by the loss of thankfulforkelly's posts - any topic he created was accidentally deleted so if you posted in any of them, you will have lost a few posts (he probably created a Kelly Clarkson chart topic for e.g. which you might've posted in at some point).

Comment

• ^Thanks. I see why now.

Comment

• Yeah mine went down as well. It's unfortunate but couldn't be helped. Thanks for explaining it though
                                                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Were Camila Cabello's chart discussion topics deleted?? I can’t find them anymore.
                                                      Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                        Were Camila Cabello's chart discussion topics deleted?? I can’t find them anymore.
                                                        If they were started by thankfulforkelly, yes. Unfortunately all his posts were accidentally deleted last week.
                                                        THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• So thankfulforkelly's posts are all gone and some topics lose all of their views out of a sudden - stevvy's personal chart being the latest one. He had hundred of thousands of views and has worked a lot to get there.

Is there a way to secure that things like this won't happen in the future? I know this is "just" an online forum, but some members - including me - do a lot to get where they / we are. Views may mean a lot to us, and so does our created topics and our posts. Just imagine if the same happens to me that happened to thankfulforkelly, my whole personal chart topic with data from over 8 years would be lost. This actually freaks me out if I'm being honest and it's not cool to think that this may happen at any time.

Comment

• I know post count can be manually altered (by administrators) on at least some forums (not sure if that's the case here). It obviously can't replace the posts that were deleted, but at least that would be a little fairer to the users who have had this happen through no fault of their own.

As for personal charts and things like that, it would be a good choice to create a back-up. I just created an archive thread for my personal chart (previously posted in the UKmixPARADE thread) for this very reason. At least it's more likely that such a thread will be retrievable from the Google cache than single posts in a large thread (if it ever disappears for some reason).

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

His settings are no different to yours, so not sure why he can't post - I've refreshed his usergroup settings but he probably needs to clear his browser cache as well.
                                                              RayRay is saying he can post in threads he's been tagged, but not otherwise. I don't know why this would be?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X