UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Somebody please cleanup the bot mess in General Music Discussion.
    Has it been sorted? I don't read most of the topics in there, but if you report the spam we can remove their posts and ban users.
    late.

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
      Has it been sorted? I don't read most of the topics in there, but if you report the spam we can remove their posts and ban users.
      No. Just look at the topics. I'm not about to click report on 30+ spam topics started today.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
        No. Just look at the topics. I'm not about to click report on 30+ spam topics started today.
        misread this and thought you meant posts in the general artists section nvm
        late.

Comment

• It's all still working well. No double posts and things work fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
            It's all still working well. No double posts and things work fast!
            sis...

Comment

• Cleanup on general Artists Discussion isle please!

Comment

• Also on General Music Discussion please.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• So I'm not the only one who got to see those messages I thought I joined at a bad time
                  I have a really good fashion sense but i'm just too poor to prove it

Comment

• I've just noticed that the UKMIx swear words filter is a little over eager. I don't mind swear words being filtered out but words that inadvertently contain swear words are also being censored. For example, in the Chart Forum one of the threads mentions the chart fanzine Char****ch. As can be seen most of the name is starred. At least the publication name can be written as Chart Watch.

The town that used to fail the Dotmusic swear words filter test also fails the UKMIx one - it's the town in North Lincolnshire with the postcodes DN15-17...

Comment

• General Music Discussion is again on the spambot attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                        I've just noticed that the UKMIx swear words filter is a little over eager. I don't mind swear words being filtered out but words that inadvertently contain swear words are also being censored. For example, in the Chart Forum one of the threads mentions the chart fanzine Char****ch. As can be seen most of the name is starred. At least the publication name can be written as Chart Watch.

The town that used to fail the Dotmusic swear words filter test also fails the UKMIx one - it's the town in North Lincolnshire with the postcodes DN15-17...
                        [MENTION=11323]Wayne[/MENTION] can we maybe get rid of the filter? Reminds me of other forums in which The Pussycat Dolls got censored .
                        late.

Comment

• Um where does one edit a thread title? I can't seem to find an option for that.
                          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                            Um where does one edit a thread title? I can't seem to find an option for that.
                            edit the opening post -> go advanced then you can edit the title

At least that's how I'm doing it

Comment

• If you are the owner of the thread (i.e. you created the thread):
                              In the Forum view just double click the thread's title right after the title's end and the edit box appears automatically.
                              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• just out of curiosity, what does this stand for?
                                ¡Eh, mamá!
                                Me quiero matar
                                El mundo se va a la mierda
                                Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Originally posted by flopho View Post

just out of curiosity, what does this stand for?
                                  It’s a topic icon, anyone is free to use them when opening a new topic, there’s a bunch to choose from.

Comment

• Oh okay, thanks!
                                    ¡Eh, mamá!
                                    Me quiero matar
                                    El mundo se va a la mierda
                                    Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Funny how a moderator that barely participated or even moderated a certain thread suddenly decided to close it,
                                      Even funnier when asking about it through PM there's no response.

No complaints, just observing.....

Comment

• Hopefully people will learn going forward that personal attacks because you disagree with conflicting opinions are not acceptable.

Comment

Funny how a moderator that barely participated or even moderated a certain thread suddenly decided to close it,

To be fair, it's probably for the better if one of the not involved moderators closes a certain topic. I'm sure they're talking about closing topics in the background and not just one mod closing a topic without permission from others. At least that's what I imagine it to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                            To be fair, it's probably for the better if one of the not involved moderators closes a certain topic. I'm sure they're talking about closing topics in the background and not just one mod closing a topic without permission from others. At least that's what I imagine it to be.
                                            Totally; the moderation team are constantly discussing these decisions - The Random Thought Thread is often discussed because of how many issues arise in there.

Comment

• Can yall open the Random Thots thread? No shade but that thread is one of the few threads that is still going here.
                                              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

Funny how a moderator that barely participated or even moderated a certain thread suddenly decided to close it,

So sorry I didn’t reply to you. I was working until 11pm last night so somehow it wasn’t on the top of my list of priorities. Thanks for taking the time out to PM me.

It’ll be re-opened today at some point.

Comment

• I think a little appreciation that moderators have lives outside of UKMIX wouldn’t go amiss here, as well as the fact a moderator doesn’t have to be involved in a thread to take action in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                    Can yall open the Random Thots thread? No shade but that thread is one of the few threads that is still going here.
                                                    Yup agreed, and really it should be the one thread where the rules can be relaxed a little to allow for some general banter which is what *most people do. The ones that started throwing personal abuse and attacks are the ones who went over the line of what is acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X