UKMIX Helpdesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Yup agreed, and really it should be the one thread where the rules can be relaxed a little to allow for some general banter which is what *most people do. The ones that started throwing personal abuse and attacks are the ones who went over the line of what is acceptable.
    It is reopened now. Purposely baiting people to get a reaction is pretty much asking for personal abuse, so maybe posters should be cautious of that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      It is reopened now. Purposely baiting people to get a reaction is pretty much asking for personal abuse, so maybe posters should be cautious of that too.
      Literally everything that is written in that thread can be seen as baiting someone. All the comments calling JLO a thief, all the comments calling Mariah a dusty diva( not made by me ) According to the official rules stanning is also not allowed and there is a lot of blatant stanning in that thread also. One of the main premises of UK mix is that is is not a stan site and conflicting opinions are allowed. If that has changed the rules need to be updated. With all due respect there are only certain people who resort to personal attacks. In the Celine thread people have been sharing their opinions of her album, both positive and negative and it has never gone to personal attack territory. I dont agree that personal abuse is ever acceptable, just because you dislike someone.

Comment

• Thanks for opening the thread again.

Comment

• Is anyone having issues tonight with dead pages? (e.g. after waiting for a page to load, a white screen appears with just the vBulletin logo).

Someone else has raised it and just wondered whether it had affected any other users?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post
            Thanks for this reaction. Still, some people love baiting and have no intention to change their style.
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Is there a way to do some botcheck before registering? I mean it is past the point of cute how these bots spam this forum on a daily basis.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                Is there a way to do some botcheck before registering? I mean it is past the point of cute how these bots spam this forum on a daily basis.
                We already have an enhanced captcha registration and the requirement to select an Avatar before posting anything - but they've managed to figure out how to get round this.

Over the next few days, I'll be modifying the usergroup settings we have so that any poster with less than 10 posts cannot open a new topic but I suspect they'll soon learn to spam existing topics before long.

Comment

• ^Hurry up! The postings today are even crazier than usual.

Comment

• Spammer alert!
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Spam in tour section.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Spam in tour section.
                        I swear I must have deleted at least 200 threads from that sub-forum today, they're going wild.
                        late.

Comment

Spam in tour section.
                          Thanks for pointing it out. Can you use the Report function as well? It helps as it gives all mods a notification which may lead to addressing it quicker.
                          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            Thanks for pointing it out. Can you use the Report function as well? It helps as it gives all mods a notification which may lead to addressing it quicker.
                            I'll do that, thanks.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• it says I have 128 notifications (unread private messages), but all of them are already from years ago. Really don't want to "read" them all again or delete them, is it a bug? It's like this for weeks already!

Comment

• ^
                                All existing messages (including deletions) have become active after the site update and re-launch.
                                This affected each and every user and it is not a bug. Just have all old messages marked "read" and it will reset the counter.
                                trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• So many spammers today.

And they're becoming good at this as they have Mariah or Madonna avatars
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• So we won't have Random Thoughts Thread anymore? How about dealing with people who are causing problems instead of closing the thread?
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

So we won't have Random Thoughts Thread anymore? How about dealing with people who are causing problems instead of closing the thread?
                                      We are discussing how best to make this work for all posters based on the feedback we had, in the meantime be patient.

Comment

• The bots are getting more and more busy with spam threads. Maybe turn on manual approval of new accounts for now?

Comment

• Yeah I've been sending multiple reports this morning
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• [MENTION=38436]KEY9481[/MENTION]
                                            Please only report spam that is posted in running topics, and/or new threads that are not recognizable as such at first glance.
                                            The Asian spammers that use Chinese Korean, Russian, etc. characters are easy to spot and are dealt with as fast as possible.
                                            trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                            trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• Would it be worth giving a few members who always report the spam, the power to delete the spam threads?
                                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Can't find my 2015 year-end chart thread at all. It's not in either Personal Charts forum.

Site failed to load again yesterday - though only for about 6 minutes at around 6PM.
                                                Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

• Maybe you guys should stop new members from registering for a few days till it calms down a bit?
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                                                    Can't find my 2015 year-end chart thread at all. It's not in either Personal Charts forum.
                                                    I can't find this thread anywhere on the database (unless it's in a forum I don't have access to).

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                    Maybe you guys should stop new members from registering for a few days till it calms down a bit?
                                                    Wayne has done this while he looks for more solutions today.
                                                    late.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X