Happy 20th Birthday, UKMIX Forums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 20th Birthday, UKMIX Forums!

You may or may not know this but this month represents the 20th anniversary of UKMIX forums! The forums came online on or around 23rd January 2001 (the website itself dates back to 1999) and we are lucky to have become one of the longest established online music forums out there.

Over the last 20 years, our forums have hosted some of the most passionate fans of music, film and television out there - and they continue to be accessed by residents of every single country in the world. How crazy is that? We even have fans of UKMIX in Greenland! We continue to get millions of page views every year and the things we are widely known for (Mariah Carey and Charts Analysis, among 2 of the many!) continue to drive thousands of people to our community each day.

We couldn't let our special birthday pass without recognition and therefore, over the next few months, we will celebrate the last 20 years of UKMIX with some fun activities and look back on some of the wonderful characters that have helped shape our community in that time.

Calendar of Events

Over the next few months, these are some of the activities and events we hope to bring to you:
    • A UKMIX Design Contest - an opportunity for someone in our community with an artistic flare to design a brand new banner for UKMIX. If we have significant interest, I will put the vote to the UKMIX community to decide what our new identity will look like - the winner, in addition to having their work showcased, will also be awarded lifetime premium membership!
    • The launch of the UKMIX Hall of Fame which will honour the most valued contributors of the last 20 years - we are still putting some thought into what this looks like but we do hope to bring this to life in the coming months.
    • We will celebrate the last 20 years by looking at UKMIX in Numbers - we will look at the users who have contributed the most topics, with the most posts and the most views, along with taking a trip down memory lane to look at the biggest topics from years gone by. We'll also look at the countries that drive the most traffic to UKMIX (you will be surprised by some of them, I promise!).
    • Our much loved annual UKMIX Favourite Posters Countdown has also just launched - you're welcome to take part in that. Just head on over to the topic and get your votes into Tansike when you've put your list together!
    • We will be getting to know some of our most prominent members of the last 20 years in a special Get to Know... interview series - if you're approached for interview by our fabulous host menime123, please consider taking part!
    • Some of our moderation team will also be hosting some fabulous countdowns that tie in nicely with the last 20 years, and we would love it if you all participated in these also.
    And crucially, we will be re-launching our Premium Users functionality - with a shiny new server that hopefully secures the future of UKMIX for many years to come, comes increased costs. It is my sincere hope that those that love UKMIX or visit us regularly will choose to participate in this scheme - all support is gratefully received and goes towards securing the future of this wonderful community of people.

More details on the above events will become available in the coming days and weeks, but in the meantime - HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY UKMIX FORUMS and a big thanks to all that continue to make this a great place to visit.

Happy Birthday! I’m glad I’ve been able to spend 12 of those years with you all. Many more to come, I’m sure!

Comment

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad I get to be apart of this community. Thank you for all you do. Here's to 20 more!
      It's just a fling baby, fling baby, nothing more than a fling baby, fling baby.

Comment

#UKMIX20
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Happy Birthday! I can't believe i've been a member for 17 years.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Happy Birthday, UKMix!

Joined 9 years ago and honestly, it became such a huge part of my life. Feels like family

Cheers for another 20 years

Comment

Fantastic milestone. I have discovered some of my all time favourite songs from the site over the years and I am grateful for that. I may never have heard these songs otherwise. I will be here until my death.

Comment

Happy birthday!
                Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Happy birthday Ukmix! Such an amazing milestone, and im happy that i have been a member of the ukmix family for 7 years!
                  Here's to many more years! <3

Comment

Happy Birthday!

and me in a few weeks I celebrate my 10 years here.

Comment

I may not post a lot, but Ukmix has been a good friend of mine for 15 years now. I've met (in real life!) some awesome people and had many a night getting sozzled in good company. Happy birthday Ukmix!! Now, please re-engage the R&B forum

Comment

2005 - 2021: Stevyy was here. I still am. And I will continue to be. Congratulation to UKMIX for reaching 20 years in the game. A Milestone, indeed.
                        My Chart

Comment

Happy Birthday
                          Whitney Houston

Comment

Happy Birthday! <3
                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

HB UKMIX! I joined over 17 years ago and it’s mostly been part of my daily routine to visit ever since. Here’s to 20 more.

Comment

Amazing to see UKMIX not only still online but thriving after all these years. A great place full of great people.
                                Too Much Music
                                Too Much Music @Facebook
                                Too Much Music @Twitter
                                Scotland Social League

Comment

Happy B to UKMix! Joined about 7-8 years ago, still check in almost daily even if much less often than I used to. Great community.
                                  last.fm

Comment

Happy Birthday to the UKMIX forums! I joined the site just over 21 years ago - seems crazy to think that back then there weren't any forums at all and the only way we contacted was on a mailing list (not that I was ever a part of it) and by some of us getting e-mails weekly from Amir to tell us what singles were out there to review.

Here's to 20 more years - I don't think there's many volunteer-run sites out there that have been going consistently for 20 years!

Comment

UKMix became the important part of my life in last 10 years. Happy Birthday !!!

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

So strange to think I’ve been here for over 15 years. Happy birthday UKMix!

Comment

Happy Bday to us all, I didn't expect there will be a site on the net where I could spent 17! years of my life it's crazy when you think it's amost half of my life! and I am probably in top 10 of the oldest members, still active (Shane, Mike, Tony and Matt are here a bit longer I suppose)

thank you all for all music discoveries that will define my life and bring all good and bad memories. No matter what UKMIX played huge role in my life.

Hope I will be here for another 17 years and UKMIX will stay on the net at least next 20 years.
                                          Last edited by jszmiles; Sat January 30, 2021, 19:04.
                                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Happy Birthday

Comment

Happy birthday UKMIX i joined 16 years ago, 2005..what a year! Even though i'm not anywhere as active as i once was this forum is still part of my daily life.

Ukmix is for life!

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Happy Birthday, UKMix!

Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X