Premium Users Membership - Now Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Users Membership - Now Open!

In line with our 20th anniversary, I'm pleased to be able to re-launch our Premium Users functionality! Please take a read of the below and post any queries you have in the topic, or contact me privately.

What is the Premium Users functionality?
    It is a non-mandatory option for those that use UKMIX to enhance their forum experience by accessing either brand new features or enhancements of existing features! The cost will depend on the currency option you select but we currently offer 5 different currencies (British Pound Sterling, Euro, US Dollar, Canadian Dollar and Australian Dollar).

Why are we having a Premium Users functionality?
    Historically, UKMIX has been funded by a combination of Google Ad Sense and the previous site owner's personal funds. Since taking ownership of the site in January 2019, I have personally funded the site (with gratefully received support from the 45 users who previously purchased this option) - we've now moved onto a new server and that has significantly increased our running costs. Therefore, all funds raised from our Premium Users membership will go towards the running costs of UKMIX (and I will continue to make up whatever is left) - this will ensure the future viability of the site and secure it for hopefully another 20 years!

I know there are lots of people on UKMIX who would like to support the upkeep, and this facility essentially allows me to offer those people something in return for your support, rather than nothing!

What is the cost of this new functionality?
    The cost for the current year (2021) is as follows (these costings are all built around a UK equivalent cost of £12):

£12 for UK users or;
    €14 for European users or;
    $16.50 for International users or;
    $22.00 (Australian Dollar) for International users or;
    $21.50 (Canadian Dollar) for International users.

That will entitle you to 365 days of the functionality. I have been approached by some members who wish to make larger donations towards UKMIX's running costs - if you are one of these users, please send payments directly to webmaster@ukmix.org via PayPal (including a comment with your payment confirming your username, and I'll manually add your Premium User membership).

What does a Premium Users membership get me?
    • Able to set a custom title (will need to contact an Administrator to arrange this - default User Title will say "Site Supporter").
    • Able to change username once per year, during two designated months.
    • Able to set self to invisible mode, thus not appearing as "online".
    • Will not be subject to adverts (when they are introduced).
    • Increased signature length (up to 2,000 characters) and signatures lines (up to 10 lines of text).
    • Able to manage tags on own topics and add tags to other users’ topics.
    • Able to upload attachments (50mb limit per user) and download attachments.
    • Can delete own posts (by exception, shouldn't be used routinely).
    • Can use "Comment" feature (would encourage use of this sparingly).
    • No longer subject to the "Last Edited..." comment when editing posts.
    • Can submit one recommendation for personalised UKMIX style (i.e. introducing an artist specific style that users can select).
    • Able to use Blog facility.
    • Increased private message storage of up to 10,000 messages (vs. 1,000 for Standard Members).
    • Has permission to send PMs to those users whose inboxes are already at their quota.
    • Able to email up to 25 users at a time (vs. 5 for Standard Members).
    • Increased photo album quota (up to 25 photos and 5mb worth of photos).
    Our Premium Users will also play a key role in our forthcoming launch of the UKMIX Hall of Fame. And I also make a commitment to be transparent with all our Premium Users on site running costs and finances.

And in the event that there is site downtime for more than 12 consecutive hours, all Premium Members will be credited with 1 additional day's membership.

How do I purchase premium membership?
    For those that wish to purchase premium membership, please find instructions detailed below:

Click Username at Top of Forum > Select "User Settings" - Select "Subscriptions" > Under "Premium Users" - Select Your Currency and Click "Order"

You'll then be redirected to PayPal, where you can make your payment.

This process should be automated, but if you experience any issues, please message me directly so I can support with resolving them - it usually takes a few minutes for your new membership status to update.

If anyone has any questions, please post them in here - I will also tag all former Premium Users to see whether they are interested in re-joining the scheme. Otherwise, all support is gratefully received and I hope you find some benefit from the enhancements outlined above, if you choose to purchase the subscription!

Former Premium Users:

So happy this is back, will get my premium membership asap - thank you, Wayne!

Comment

Glad this is back and we can support the site maintenance costs! Will do this soon!
      VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

We have our first official new Site Supporter/Premium Member for 2021 - thanks to you Tansike!

Comment

will support this magnificent place within this weekend!

Comment

Great!

However, Wayne you may need to address moderators who also become Premium (my functionality has changed!)
            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
              Great!

However, Wayne you may need to address moderators who also become Premium (my functionality has changed!)
              Sorted! And thanks!

Comment

A huge thank you to those who have purchased our premium membership so far! To help publicise the scheme, I’m going to add a link to the navigation bar (it will become visible shortly).

The scheme is open to our whole community.

Comment

Just got mine. Thanks, Wayne!

Comment

Wayne Premium bought but think I’ve ran into the same problems as bm08 - can you take a look?
                    I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                    And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                      Wayne Premium bought but think I’ve ran into the same problems as bm08 - can you take a look?
                      I’d sorted it already - thanks for purchasing!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

I’d sorted it already - thanks for purchasing!
                        Thanks - something is missing, so I’ve PM’d you too.
                        I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                        And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Originally posted by banksy View Post
                          Just got mine. Thanks, Wayne!
                          I've just had a look, and you've sent an e-cheque - I didn't know this sort of payment existed.

I think the payment takes a couple of days to clear - did you purchase through the Subscription system or send the payment manually? If you purchased through the subscription system, I'll wait for the payment to clear and the system to update itself as otherwise, your permissions will go awry once it does as the system will want to apply the changes. If you sent the payment manually, I'll go in and change you over - just let me know

Comment

I’ll get round to this eventually.

Comment

Just noticed that Premium is up and running and have just bought mine again. So happy to contribute again to the running costs of this excellent site Wayne.
                              The Ultimate Averaged Chart. The Definitive Chart Reflecting The Sixties.

Comment

Thanks to those that have registered for the scheme this afternoon - much appreciated!

Comment

I've just had a look, and you've sent an e-cheque - I didn't know this sort of payment existed.

I think the payment takes a couple of days to clear - did you purchase through the Subscription system or send the payment manually? If you purchased through the subscription system, I'll wait for the payment to clear and the system to update itself as otherwise, your permissions will go awry once it does as the system will want to apply the changes. If you sent the payment manually, I'll go in and change you over - just let me know
                                  I didn't know that I paid with an electronic check, either! I no longer use the card that is on my PayPal account, so I went with an ACH payment. I guess this is treated the same way as a check.

I think I went through the subscription system?

Comment

Paid!

Wayne
                                    I wanted to pay more than the 12 quids but there is no option for that. Just asking.
                                    trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                    trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Barely post these days, too busy! But still check in and out and more than happy to contribute
                                      This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                                        Paid!

Wayne
                                        I wanted to pay more than the 12 quids but there is no option for that. Just asking.
                                        Thanks trebor! See here:

That will entitle you to 365 days of the functionality. I have been approached by some members who wish to make larger donations towards UKMIX's running costs - if you are one of these users, please send payments directly to webmaster@ukmix.org via PayPal (including a comment with your payment confirming your username, and I'll manually add your Premium User membership).
                                        And a massive thank you to everyone who has so far purchased our Premium Membership and become a Site Supporter - very much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by banksy View Post

I didn't know that I paid with an electronic check, either! I no longer use the card that is on my PayPal account, so I went with an ACH payment. I guess this is treated the same way as a check.

I think I went through the subscription system?
                                          I just received an email from PayPal confirming it’s gone through, and the system has then taken care of the rest - thanks for your support @bansky

Comment

I just received an email from PayPal confirming it’s gone through, and the system has then taken care of the rest - thanks for your support @bansky
                                            Yay! I’ve already used the ignore feature.

Comment

Wayne
                                              How many did sign up in the end?
                                              trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
                                              trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

Working...
                                              X