Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The numbers behind UKMIX! (Top 100 Posters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The numbers behind UKMIX! (Top 100 Posters)

Numbers, numbers, numbers...we all love numbers. And over the next few weeks, we will go into the detail of some of the most curious questions that our community might have - questions such as:
    • What are the most viewed topics in the history of UKMIX?
    • Which member of our community has the most views, when all topics are taken into consideration?
    • What is our most viewed or responded to topic, by individual sub-forum?
    • What are the most viewed topics, by member?
    • Which countries is UKMIX most visited in?
    • Which member of our community has created the most topics?
    Over the coming weeks, we will answer all of those questions and more! In terms of format, this topic will be built around the Top 100 Members by Total Topic Views and Posts (in other words, we will celebrate the members who have driven the most traffic and activity to UKMIX over the last 20 years) but there'll be loads of other interesting commentary along the way. If you've got any numbers-related questions, let me know and I'll see if it's possible to answer them.

We'll reveal the first 5 names in our Top 100 list tonight!

The UKMIX Top 100 Members of All-Time (by topics, views and posts)

We will look at the top 100 posters in reverse ranked order, taking into account the following information:
    • The total number of topics they've created.
    • The total number of views those topics have had.
    • The total number of posts that have happened in those topics.
    To make this as fair as it can be, this will be a points based countdown and each metric is weighted according to the following information:
    • For every 1,000 views, the member gets 1 point.
    • For every topic created, the member gets 5 points.
    • For every post in the topics they created, the member gets 1 point.
    Each poster will get their totals for each metric, along with their top 20 topics - if the poster wants their full list of topics, they should request it in the topic once they've been announced. For those outside of the top 100, there will also be an opportunity for you to request your information. The competition for entry into the top 100 is very tough, with our #100 ranked member scoring over 17,000 points (and our #1 ranked member scoring well in excess of 300,000 points).

Countdown So Far

Last Updated Date:

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      The UKMIX Top 100 Members of All-Time (by topics, views and posts)

Sounds interesting. But it must be a lot of work. #respect
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Is it possible to know all countries, which have UKMix registrated members ?
        My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
        In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

#100 Wolves8 (17,752 points)

Kicking off our Top 100 is Wolves8 with 17,752 points! He hasn't logged into UKMIX for many years, but leaves behind two very significant topics - the Ciara Fantasy Ride topic (which has had a massive 481k views and almost 9k posts) and the Nicki Minaj Pink Friday topic (which has had 158k views). Interestingly, the Ciara topic is the 7th most viewed topic of all-time in our 2000s Vault forum.

Total Topics: 153
          Total Views:
          Total Posts: 15,847

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#99 Grybop (18,041 points)

I guess the red X means we lost the lovely Grybop? With 1.059m views across 275 topics, he is our #99 poster. Much like CZB and Dalmatin just ahead of him, he historically has been a favourite in our Personal Charts forum with half of his top 20 topics featuring there. His most viewed topic is his own weekly chart (with 127k views) which ended at the same time as he seemingly left UKMIX.

Total Topics: 275
          Total Views: 1,059,208
          Total Posts: 15,607

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#98 KatyVenezuela (18,119 points)

Despite only having created 7 topics, KatyVenezuela benefits hugely from having opened the Prism topic by Katy Perry - arguably one of the biggest Chart Analysis eras of the last few years (the topic ranked #29 overall in terms of views in the ACA forum).

Total Topics: 7
          Total Views: 766,799
          Total Posts: 17,317

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#97 CZB (18,769 points)

Our beloved CZB charts at #97. At the top of his list is the much loved UKMIX Parade chart, which he seemingly manages to get out without breaking a sweat each week (he should take immense pleasure in noting that the UKMIX Parade is the third most viewed ever topic in our Personal Charts section, reflecting how loved that chart is). His own personal chart is also ranked #5 all-time in the Personal Charts forum - one of only three posters to have 2 or more entries in the Personal Charts forum top 20 all-time topics).

Total Topics: 27
          Total Views: 1,420,313
          Total Posts: 17,214

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#96 Dalmatin (18,975 points)

A legendary name from the early years of UKMIX, we have Dalmatin up next! His topics have been viewed almost 1m times and have had almost 16.5k posts - he is most prolific in the Personal Charts forum, with almost half of his top 20 featuring there. He is also the creator of our "Introduce Yourself" topic, which will continue to be utilised by new members for many years to come (and just recently celebrated its 100,000th view).

Total Topics: 302
          Total Views: 980,987
          Total Posts: 16,484

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

Comment

This will be an interesting countdown, wonder if any of our beloved kitchen spammers will feature.

Comment

Wow this should be very interesting!
              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Fantastic effort by Wayne(and others?)!! Hopefully some of the legacy posters return for old times sake.

I think I may celebrate this great milestone by listening to some of the most popular song threads in UKMIX history.

Comment

Wow, the days when a CiCi topic was big enough to draw half a million views. That was my UKMix 'birth' year.

Love this idea. What a fun way to stroll down memory lane!
                  Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

So the "X" is an automatic symbol from those no longer registered as members? Or did he do that himself? It's a shame George (Grybop) is no longer here. He and Misha (Dalmatin) were two of my fave people here in the years after i joined. The latter did return briefly but his promised personal charts have not appeared.
                    Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                      So the "X" is an automatic symbol from those no longer registered as members? Or did he do that himself? It's a shame George (Grybop) is no longer here. He and Misha (Dalmatin) were two of my fave people here in the years after i joined. The latter did return briefly but his promised personal charts have not appeared.
                      He did it himself!

Comment

What a great thread. I only recognize Grybop and CZB. I miss Grybop doing FSC - I knew he was tired of hosting it, but I thought he'd at least still participate. He knew a lot.

CZB's Chart of Charts looks like exhaustive work and he does week in and week out - always perched to see where songs on my chart landed on it.

Comment

Great to see this going - will be really interesting. Also, great to see some great names in already - in particular Dalmatin and Grybop - I was great friends with Dalmatin for ages, but we haven't spoken in a while.

Comment

I only know CZB so far as he runs one of my favorite threads.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
                              same here, I love George (he still uses LastFM at least) his YE chart was a thing!, I've been arguing with Misha all the time but he was cool. Two legends.

CZB is one of those people who puts so much effort to do his thing here, love his passion in all those stats! I would to the same if I wasn't so lazy
                              KUBA'S CHART

Comment

#95 - Blizzy (19,844 points)

I believe that many years ago, Blizzy was quite a famous lamb around these parts (around the time that Mariah released Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel). He's also the first member in the top 100 to be responsible for a topic that has more than a million views, he opened the topic for arguably one of the biggest chart eras of the two decades that UKMIX has been in existence, the Teenage Dream era by Katy Perry! That topic had more than 1.4m views and almost 17k posts before it was closed.

Total Topics: 51
                                Total Views: 1,519,551
                                Total Posts: 18,069

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#94 - Instinct (20,041 points)

At #94, we have one of the most famous Britney Spears' fans on the forum, Instinct! He has total views of more than 1.1m across just 7 topics and almost 19k posts, and is responsible for two of the biggest Britney chart topics - the fabulous (and re-launched) general sales topic and the Glory era topic (which arguably underperformed with "only" 0.5m views).

Total Topics: 7
                                Total Views: 1,126,829
                                Total Posts: 18,879

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#93 - TheSource (20,060 points)

Up next is TheSource with 20,060 points - they haven't signed in since September 2018, but they were the architect of our formerly quite (in)famous This or That topic which did more than 420k views in its time, and had over 16k posts. In keeping with their username, they were also quite adept at posting some brilliant News & Gossip topics, highlights including: Sharon Osborne attacking Madonna, Michael Jackson's legal trial, P!nk taking a pee next to her car and Solange's baby shower!

Total Topics: 77
                                Total Views: 658,292
                                Total Posts: 19,017

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#92 - Loose (20,812 points)

The lovely Loose charts at #92, with almost 1.4m views of his topics and over 17k posts! His two biggest topics were our main topic on J-Pop (159k views) and one of my personal favourites from Christina - Keeps Gettin' Better (156k views).

Total Topics: 434
                                Total Views: 1,371,043
                                Total Posts: 17,271

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#91 - jeangrey (21,025 points)

And finishing off our five posters for today is a personal favourite of mine, the lovely jeangrey! He's obviously a big Céline fan - like moi - and is responsible for our biggest Céline topic, the fantastic general sales topic (863k views). He was also the original author of the Mariah general sales topic, before that was closed and relaunched a few years later. And he had another Céline topic that charted the fortunes of her greatest hits album released in 2008 (with 131k views).

Total Topics: 21
                                Total Views: 1,494,397
                                Total Posts: 19,426

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

Comment

The Mika boyfriend thread got that many views? Interesting!
                                  Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

SPOTLIGHT - Personal Charts Forum

Our Personal Charts forum is a deeply important part of UKMIX for so many people, and over the years, it has hosted a total of 5,153 topics - a phenomenal amount all things considered. Approximately 700 different members have created topics in this forum, which have seen over 400,000 responses. In total, topics in this very popular forum have been viewed over 27m times across the last 2 decades.

Total Topics: 5,153
                                    Total Views: 27,178,268
                                    Total Posts: 413,353

The members who have created the most topics in this forum are: martinp (531!!), matthew_dixon (253), Dazzle (134), FreakyFlyBry (123) and chris975 (99). Our biggest topic in the section by a significant margin - and our 8th biggest ever topic at UKMIX - is JSparksFan Daily Chart topic with over 2.3m views and 19k posts.
                                    Top 100 Topics:

Spoiler!

Comment

#90 - gillyberto (21,392 points)
                                      ​​​​​​

Total Topics: 27
                                      Total Views: 1,182,042
                                      Total Posts: 20,075

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#89 - Bhaggers (21,746 points)

Total Topics: 171
                                      Total Views: 759,353
                                      Total Posts: 20,132

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#88 - Goldmoney (22,254 points)

Total Topics: 302
                                      Total Views: 358,926
                                      Total Posts: 20,385

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#87 - ntinos93 (22,807 points)

Total Topics: 12
                                      Total Views: 1,299,210
                                      Total Posts: 21,448

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

#86 - cheapthrills (23,421 points)

​​​​​

Total Topics: 112
                                      Total Views: 378,746
                                      Total Posts: 22,482

Top 20 Topics:

Spoiler!

Comment

Akini in his rightful place atop the Personal Charts section.

Comment

From Personal charts my favourites are hitlists from Magnus Blondini CZB and mammoth all-time old charts with 5000 songs each from @matthew_dixon and @tdc2000
                                          My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Nice to make the list On one hand, I feel bad that Ultimate Female Acts counts towards my total since that is really your thread, Wayne!

On the other, there's definitely some funny business going on with views in some of the survivors. I have a couple survivors that should be in my top 20 that aren't (like they have hundreds of responses but less than 100 views)

So maybe it balances out. And anything that gets me to top Goldmoney is a good thing.

Comment

Bhaggers was a great poster back in the day! Congrats cheapthrills for making an impact in a relatively short time.

Comment

I love all these updates <3 Brings back memories.
                                                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

SPOTLIGHT - The Vault (2000s)

The 2000s were our formative decade, the decade saw the absolute peak of the music industry (2001) and the beginning of the decline of physical music which coincided with the rise and peak of iTunes and the very early days of streaming (both of which occurred in the latter part of the decade). The 2000s saw the highest of highs and the lowest of lows for our biggest name, Mariah Carey - along with big comebacks for other UKMIX favourites such as Madonna, Céline Dion, Britney Spears, P!nk, Eminem and Whitney Houston. Further, the decade saw the debuts of some of music's biggest stars of the last two decades - names like Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran and the biggest seller of them all, Adele. All of this activity is reflected in the numbers:

Total Topics: 26,780
                                                  Total Views: 75,268,613
                                                  Total Posts: 865,926

Top 100 Topics:

Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X