Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #26
    I will do this, but will likely procrastinate until the last minute. See you the end of May

    Comment


    • #27
      voted, just so you will have my votes if I am surprisingly go missing on UKMix
      Waffles are checked cookies

      Comment


      • #28
        Originally posted by heppolo View Post
        voted, just so you will have my votes if I am surprisingly go missing on UKMix
        ???
        some explanation please

        Comment


        • #29
          Originally posted by navi View Post

          ???
          some explanation please
          i am a bit paranoid these days, it isn't easy, one wrong remark, one wrong comment online and I am in trouble.
          Waffles are checked cookies

          Comment


          • #30
            Originally posted by heppolo View Post

            i am a bit paranoid these days, it isn't easy, one wrong remark, one wrong comment online and I am in trouble.
            Who with?

            Comment


            • #31
              Originally posted by Thriller View Post

              Who with?
              with the law in general, I won't get too much into the details, but even liking the wrong post on facebook can end up badly
              Last edited by heppolo; Wed April 14, 2021, 23:51.
              Waffles are checked cookies

              Comment


              • #32
                Originally posted by heppolo View Post

                with the law in general, I won't get too much into the details, but even liking the wrong post on facebook can end up in jail time
                Where do you live?
                My Instagram... - Click here

                Comment


                • #33
                  Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                  Where do you live?
                  still in Belarus, but I guess the rules of online behaviour are getting more strict in other places as well (Russia, China)
                  Last edited by heppolo; Wed April 14, 2021, 23:50.
                  Waffles are checked cookies

                  Comment


                  • #34

                    heppolo
                    so sad to hear that,
                    i'm feeling helpless and i'm terrified of possibility of losing you
                    the world is gone crazy

                    Comment


                    • #35
                      Originally posted by navi View Post
                      so sad to hear that,
                      i'm feeling helpless and i'm terrified of possibility of losing you
                      the world is gone crazy
                      thank you. hopefully it's just me going a bit mental.
                      back to discussing the topic - the idea is good, but I was having a really hard time squeezing some of the acts and checking their discographies in order to make sure they complied with the rules.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

                      Comment


                      • #36
                        I'm interested to get amongst this.

                        A lot of my favourite songs of the 2000s and 2010s are by artists that debuted in the 1990s or in 2000 so it's a challenge, but I'm interested to see where I get with it.

                        Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                        My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                        www.rawirijames.com
                        #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

                        Comment


                        • #37
                          I'm putting my top 50 together as I type this. I'll update this post when I have completed it and it's surely going to be female heavy.

                          Sent my 50! My top 2 were extremely close.
                          Last edited by ludichris; Thu April 15, 2021, 18:46.

                          Comment


                          • #38
                            Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            I looked at my most scrobbled artists of the last five years.
                            Yeah, I used my LastFM scrobbles from the time I joined (1/1/2012) to present.

                            Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                            Are we forming a potentil ballot for this? I'm thinking ill forget a few people
                            I might use the existing votes to form a preliminary list. Will try to string something together by the weekend!

                            Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                            still in Belarus, but I guess the rules of online behaviour are getting more strict in other places as well (Russia, China)
                            Sorry to hear this! Hope all will be well with you and your loved ones.

                            Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                            thank you. hopefully it's just me going a bit mental.
                            back to discussing the topic - the idea is good, but I was having a really hard time squeezing some of the acts and checking their discographies in order to make sure they complied with the rules.
                            Yeah, I imagine that's where a suggested list will come in handy, though I am reviewing the lists so there's a second pair of eyes to help with quality control, so to speak.

                            Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                            I'm putting my top 50 together as I type this. I'll update this post when I have completed it and it's surely going to be female heavy.

                            Sent my 50! My top 2 were extremely close.
                            I'll share some more data as more votes trickle in, but I'll say this - y'all really do love y'all divas. The way the existing list is looking right now, this is shaping up to be an iteration of the female artists countdown, just with a post-2000s qualifier.
                            Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Stay (not the Rihanna one)

                            Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

                            Comment


                            • #39
                              Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

                              I'll share some more data as more votes trickle in, but I'll say this - y'all really do love y'all divas. The way the existing list is looking right now, this is shaping up to be an iteration of the female artists countdown, just with a post-2000s qualifier.

                              Allow me to mix it up then! Only 8 of my top 30 are female artists, which is interesting... if this was 1990s onwards, I'd have half of R&B's finest female vocalists on there! Haha.
                              Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                              My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                              www.rawirijames.com
                              #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

                              Comment


                              • #40
                                Will vote soon
                                Last FM <3
                                Instagram

                                Comment


                                • #41
                                  Count me in; this will be fun. Can you send reminders again in May?

                                  Comment


                                  • #42
                                    Voted - really tough, but I went with the artists who are on constant rotation for me which possibly ignores some of the 'bigger' artists across genres of the last 20 years. Surprising how narrow my listening habits are too, it's basically 98% R&B!

                                    Comment


                                    • #43
                                      is Sia eligible? Technically her debut album was from 1997, but that one is pretty much unknown and not even considered a part of her discography, no singles released etc.... her career is associated with the 00s/10s and properly started with her 2nd album.

                                      last.fm

                                      Comment


                                      • #44
                                        Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                        is Sia eligible? Technically her debut album was from 1997, but that one is pretty much unknown and not even considered a part of her discography, no singles released etc.... her career is associated with the 00s/10s and properly started with her 2nd album.
                                        While I can "forgive" Sia that first album, she did have a UK top 10 hit in May 2000 with "Taken for Granted", so that axes her eligibility.

                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Stay (not the Rihanna one)

                                        Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

                                        Comment


                                        • #45
                                          JSparksFan I voted for Sia as my #9, you can ignore that vote and count the other 49. I just re-checked my list and I'm sure they are all eligible.

                                          Comment


                                          • #46
                                            Oh no, thought 2000 was eligible! If not, then Sia’s definitely not possible
                                            last.fm

                                            Comment


                                            • #47
                                              I’m disappointed because I just realized Deborah Cox had a release in ‘97 with Things Just Ain’t The Same and then in ‘98 Nobody’s Supposed to Be Here before she came out with one of my favorites from in mid 2001. What a song and summer. Darn back to the drawing board.

                                              Decided to share anyway it’s worthy of a listen for those who never heard it. The anthem of anthems. I just wonder why nobody thought to use it during the Me Too movement or even today.

                                              ETA: based on the comments on YouTube this song was recently used during Canada’s version of Drag Race. So at least it’s not totally forgotten.

                                              Going to go search whether it was a LSFYL.
                                               

                                              Comment


                                              • #48
                                                Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                                I’m disappointed because I just realized Deborah Cox had a release in ‘97 with Things Just Ain’t The Same and then in ‘98 Nobody’s Supposed to Be Here before she came out with one of my favorites from in mid 2001. What a song and summer. Darn back to the drawing board.

                                                Decided to share anyway it’s worthy of a listen for those who never heard it. The anthem of anthems. I just wonder why nobody thought to use it during the Me Too movement or even today.

                                                ETA: based on the comments on YouTube this song was recently used during Canada’s version of Drag Race. So at least it’s not totally forgotten.

                                                Going to go search whether it was a LSFYL.
                                                It sure was!

                                                Honestly, that lip-sync was my first time hearing the song and I loved it! It even topped my chart for a day.
                                                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Stay (not the Rihanna one)

                                                Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

                                                Comment


                                                • #49
                                                  Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  Are we forming a potentil ballot for this? I'm thinking ill forget a few people
                                                  The OP now has a list of eligible acts within the spoiler tag.
                                                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Stay (not the Rihanna one)

                                                  Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #50
                                                    Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                                    I’m disappointed because I just realized Deborah Cox had a release in ‘97 with Things Just Ain’t The Same and then in ‘98 Nobody’s Supposed to Be Here before she came out with one of my favorites from in mid 2001. What a song and summer. Darn back to the drawing board.
                                                    Loved Deborah in the 90's! Sentimental and Who Do You Love are incredible R&B tracks that are in constant rotation in this house

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X