UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    JSparksFan You might just get your 50 voters yet!
    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Many, many thanks to everyone who took the time out to submit a list! I've done the preliminary tally, but I'll take a closer look at the file tonight and try to make sure there are no issues (i.e. Pussycat Dolls vs. The Pussycat Dolls being separated and counted as different acts). The countdown's projected start date is anywhere between tonight and Saturday evening, completely dependent upon my ever-fluctuating energy level. I'll try to get this wrapped up by month-end, though.

If anyone wants to submit a list between now and whenever I officially lock the ballot box, feel free to! For now, a huge shoutout to the below committee that's "elected" a queen by a margin of two points!

Spoiler!

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Did I vote?
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
          Did I vote?
          Your name is in the list above your post, so presumably so.

Comment

• Can I vote?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              Did I vote?
              Yep!

Originally posted by abidhaq View Post
              Can I vote?
              Definitely. Your votes have been received and registered.

Comment

• UKMix loves submitting their votes at the last minute
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                  UKMix loves submitting their votes at the last minute
                  And now we have a tie for first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post

OMG

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                      OMG
                      They also have the same number of votes.

I might use number of #1 votes as the tiebreaker and we'll be good to go. If we don't get a 54th voter by this evening, that's how I'll break the tie.

Comment

They also have the same number of votes.

I might use number of #1 votes as the tiebreaker and we'll be good to go. If we don't get a 54th voter by this evening, that's how I'll break the tie.
                        A tie like that is always my biggest fear when doing a countdown or something similar But at the same time, it's rather impressive that it is happening with so many voters - what about a double crowning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                          A tie like that is always my biggest fear when doing a countdown or something similar But at the same time, it's rather impressive that it is happening with so many voters - what about a double crowning?
                          AS4 vibes.

That's not a bad suggestion. I'll consider it.

Comment

• Okay people, get in for that extra vote to break the tie!
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

omg
                              Find me here:

https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                              http://jordivanderwaal.tumblr.com
                              https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• Alrighty, thanks to InFamous the tie is broken and I think I'm good to get this started tonight. Ballot box officially locked (before we're tied again)!

Comment

Alrighty, thanks to InFamous the tie is broken and I think I'm good to get this started tonight. Ballot box officially locked (before we're tied again)!
                                  My power
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• My gym partner introduced me early on to supersets and here we have a colossal set, all ranks from nos. 846-101. Some highlights:

- Despite the namedrop in the OP, Nadine Coyle only managed a singular vote...and a singular point; as such, she's the lowest-ranking Girls Aloud member.
                                    - Fairly popular names on the site à la Carly Rae "Jepson", Atomic Kitten, and Iggy Azalea, are out of the top 200 and are beaten by...Lindsay Lohan.
                                    - The highest-ranked Girls Aloud act is Cheryl, who finishes at no. 115.
                                    - Paramore miss out on the top 100 by a single point.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Comment

• Seems like I already lost a bunch of my votes. By the way: You counted Wir sind Helden twice in the ranking!
                                      Pro: freedom of speech
                                      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• I’ve looked at up to 50pts so far and see I was the only one to vote Major Lazer, Wombats, Alphabeat, Macklemore, pnau, galantis, Terri Walker, Estelle, McFly and Wynter Gordon. Can’t believe I missed my boyfriend Jamie Cullum!!
                                        1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

• Imagine voting for Wynter Gordon.. she had one song.
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• - Fairly popular names on the site à la Carly Rae Jepsen, Atomic Kitten, and Iggy Azalea, are out of the top 200 and are beaten by...Lindsay Lohan
                                            Influential, timeless pop music legend. Paved the way and deserved to be in the top 20 at least.
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                              I’ve looked at up to 50pts so far and see I was the only one to vote Major Lazer, Wombats, Alphabeat, Macklemore, pnau, galantis, Terri Walker, Estelle, McFly and Wynter Gordon. Can’t believe I missed my boyfriend Jamie Cullum!!
                                              Cullum is legend, he was in my votes. Can’t believe I forgot McFly.

Comment

• Wow, that is a mammoth list

Lots of people I’ve heard of and lots I’ve not - I’ve already lost a fair few! I’ve gone up to #390.

MNEK I placed at #42 in my list so I was his only voter. He’s been behind a lot of his own good stuff but also that of other artists, and he’s still only mid-20s.

Hot Since 82 was at #39, never expected anybody else to vote for him as he’s a house DJ who hasn’t had a chart hit but has released consistently great deep house for almost a decade.

One place higher were Rudimental - threw some points their way in spite of the awful These Days because as well as their other two brilliant #1s they are still capable of making great dance music now.

Can’t believe nobody else gave Becky Hill a single point! She’s been a bop-machine for the past five years, as well as having some beaut stuff earlier in her career. She’s a saviour for dance music at the moment. I placed her at #33.

I was also the sole voter for Roisin Murphy, at #25. Her Overpowered album from 2007 is a masterpiece and she was back in top form last year, as well as littering the 2010s with some great electronic stuff.

At least one other person voted for Lizzo; even though she’s still pretty new in mainstream terms, her debut era was so good and she was so enjoyable at Glastonbury that I put her at #41.

I suspected Tensnake would be another lone vote for me, at #19 in my list. Mainline and Coma Cat are his masterpieces but he has created a tonne of great remixes over the last decade or so and his album from 2020 was fab.

Poor CRJ, I definitely thought she had a chance at being a fair bit higher based on UKMIX generally loving her. Run Away With Me alone deserves top 100! #34 on my list.

At #17 in my votes were Gorgon City, another dance act who had a few big hits in the mid-10s but are still going strong and have released one of the best songs of 2021 (You’ve Done Enough) - they’re just still great at doing that commercial house stuff and work with cracking vocalists.

Friendly Fires I had at #28, nice to see more voters for them. Great era about ten years ago and then again about 2018/19, also absolutely brilliant live.

Kim Petras picked up votes from me at #43, discovered her about 2 years ago and have loved almost everything since, great popstar who deserves to be big.

There’s a few I could have voted for if I had more room, such as Dizzee Rascal, Sigala, Alesha Dixon, Wombats… but I can’t believe I missed the amazing Freemasons out of my votes completely - they may have even made my top 10, definitely a glaring omission.

Also Lisa Scott-Lee. She was just behind Linkin Park.

Who the hell gave Michael Rice 36 points?!

Comment

• JSparksFan are Saturdays the same as The Saturdays…?

Comment

Spoiler!
                                                    Imagine forgetting to vote for an artist that's on your Top 20 this year.
                                                    Find me here:

https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                                                    http://jordivanderwaal.tumblr.com
                                                    https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

Working...
                                                    X