UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Seems like I already lost a bunch of my votes. By the way: You counted Wir sind Helden twice in the ranking!
    Ah, I think I got alternate spellings and thought they were different acts. Considering there's no impact to the top 100, I'll leave uncorrected, but that act would have moved up to the mid-100s with a score of 80 points.

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    Poor CRJ, I definitely thought she had a chance at being a fair bit higher based on UKMIX generally loving her. Run Away With Me alone deserves top 100! #34 on my list.
    CRJ actually is a lot higher, but I got a vote with a typo I didn't catch so "Jepson" and "Jepsen" were separated from each other. I'll lump her 33 points to the right "Jepsen" so her true score is captured.

JSparksFan are Saturdays the same as The Saturdays…?
    Yep, another error on my part. I'll lump the points into the right act and amend. Minor spoiler - The Saturdays made the top 100, so they'll just be a few ranks higher than I'd originally had them.

Who the hell gave Michael Rice 36 points?!
    RayRay - I think Thriller would like to have a word with you.
    Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [15 weeks] + Adele's return

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
    Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
    Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
    Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• Quite a few K-Pop acts on here. Where are you guys hiding, why aren't you in the K-Pop thread in the General Music forum.

Shout out to Brave Girls getting on the list, the underdogs that they are.

Comment

• We lost Tinashe. Sad.
        What happened to the vibing? Boy, you killed it. | My last.fm

Comment

• Forgot to vote for Diana Vickers.

Emma Bunton - I didn't vote for her, because "What I Am" was released in 1999.

[50 POINTS] - YVA (Lithuanian girl group)
          [49 POINTS] - Ivana Raymonda Van Der Veen
          [48 POINTS] - allSTARS*
          [47 POINTS] -
          [46 POINTS] - Magnit (Lithuanian girl group)
          [45 POINTS] - Janet Buterus
          [44 POINTS] - Anmary (Latvian singer)
          [43 POINTS] - Monika Sedziuviene
          [42 POINTS] -
          [41 POINTS] - Studentes (Lithuanian girl group)

[40 POINTS] - Natalija Bunke
          [39 POINTS] -
          [38 POINTS] - Sinead Quinn
          [37 POINTS] - Marija Akelan
          [36 POINTS] - Blogos Mergaites (Lithuanian girl group)
          [35 POINTS] - Ruta Sciogolovaite
          [34 POINTS] - Melissa Naschenweng
          [33 POINTS] - Little Boots
          [32 POINTS] - Krista Siegfrids
          [31 POINTS] - Gina von Glasow

[30 POINTS] - Birgit Oigemeel
          [29 POINTS] -
          [28 POINTS] - Annett Louisan
          [27 POINTS] - Mega Mindy
          [26 POINTS] - Laisva
          [25 POINTS] - Anna Bergendahl
          [24 POINTS] - LaFee
          [23 POINTS] - Kym Marsh
          [22 POINTS] - Valentina Monetta
          [21 POINTS] - Lina (German singer)
          Last edited by LastDreamer; Mon June 7, 2021, 07:36.
          My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

• Not terribly surprised that there were quite a few of mine on that batch. Emily King ranked very high for me, her output has been nothing short of phenomenal since her debut in 2007. Can't believe I missed Terri Walker though, she would've been top 20 for me definitely.

Comment

• 210 Agnes
              Who else had magnificent taste?

Comment

• Think I was the only one who voted Carly Rae Jepson

Completely forgot to add Norah Jones and Regina Spektor!
                "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

• You all did Alexandra Burke dirty
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I was the only one who voted for CL & BIGBANG (and its 2 members)? Blocking each one of y'all. Great to see 2NE1 pretty high though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                      Quite a few K-Pop acts on here. Where are you guys hiding, why aren't you in the K-Pop thread in the General Music forum.
                      The points for Taeyang, BIGBANG, DEAN, Jay Park, GD and some other acts were all solely from me I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                        You all did Alexandra Burke dirty
                        I threw her 7 points!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

I threw her 7 points!
                          I gave her 48

The music might not be there but her talent is undeniable. I'll always be bitter about the way she was treated and what could have been
                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• So many great artists!

Some of my favourites are already gone, including:
                            275 Khia (yesss queen!)
                            138 Miranda Lambert
                            107 Patrick Wolf

[48 POINTS] – Patrick Wolf
                            [47 POINTS] – Miranda Lambert
                            [45 POINTS] - Khia
                            [37 POINTS] - Khalid
                            [20 POINTS] – Bastille
                            [15 POINTS] – Michelle Williams
                            [12 POINTS] – Mandy Moore
                            [07 POINTS] – Brandy Clark
                            [05 POINTS] – Carly Rae Jepsen
                            [03 POINTS] – Paramore
                            [02 POINTS] – Iggy Azalea
                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Not surprised to see Cheryl beat all the other GA members, I suppose its not based on sheer talent otherwise Nadine would get more than one point.

Comment

• Bugger me I messed up - for some reason I gave Lisa Scott Lee 37 points instead of Nadine

Evidently I was also the only person to vote for the legendary B-List artist too. Rachel Stevens missing the Top 100 by a handful of points is an utter crime, but the biggest crime in pop since a wasp attacked Nurdeen is the fact sodding CASCADA beat every single member of Girls Aloud.
                                Words are useless, especially sentences.
                                they don’t stand for anything.
                                How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

I gave her 48

The music might not be there but her talent is undeniable. I'll always be bitter about the way she was treated and what could have been
                                  Oh I can’t disagree! I guess I was judging more on longevity and quality of output, but yes if she’d found fame more organically outside of the X Factor I think she’d have been a superstar. That said, the competition element of the show really suited her determination and her debut album was a huge hit so I guess it was mismanagement. I saw her in the Bodyguard in January 2020 and she was phenomenal.

Comment

Oh I can’t disagree! I guess I was judging more on longevity and quality of output, but yes if she’d found fame more organically outside of the X Factor I think she’d have been a superstar. That said, the competition element of the show really suited her determination and her debut album was a huge hit so I guess it was mismanagement. I saw her in the Bodyguard in January 2020 and she was phenomenal.
                                    She just took too long with the second album - it dropped almost three years after her first, and for a pop act that can be utter death. Instead of re-releasing Overcome, Start Without You should have been the lead from a second album before she headed out on tour. So yes, mismanaged completely.

Comment

• Damn! I missed Banks from my list! She should have been top 20 - she'd have still missed the 100, though.
                                      Also forgot TATU who would have been possibly in my top 30.

I thought Evanescence didn't qualify as their first EP came out in 1998 and they weren't on your suggestion list? I had them in my top 30 initially until i checked Wikipedia.

Already gone from my list:
                                      [49 POINTS] - The Birthday Massacre
                                      [47 POINTS] - Bat For Lashes
                                      [46 POINTS] - Against The Current
                                      [45 POINTS] - Charli XCX
                                      [43 POINTS] - Shiny Toy Guns
                                      [42 POINTS] - The Modern
                                      [41 POINTS] - Kitten
                                      [39 POINTS] - Performance
                                      [38 POINTS] - The Jezabels
                                      [37 POINTS] - Meg Myers
                                      [36 POINTS] - A Place To Bury Strangers
                                      [35 POINTS] - Diana Vickers
                                      [34 POINTS] - Alex Winston
                                      [33 POINTS] - White Lies
                                      [32 POINTS] - Clare Maguire
                                      [31 POINTS] - Cam
                                      [30 POINTS] - Family Force 5
                                      [29 POINTS] - Kim Petras
                                      [28 POINTS] - The Sounds
                                      [27 POINTS] - Ladyhawke
                                      [26 POINTS] - Chvrches
                                      [25 POINTS] - Flyleaf
                                      [23 POINTS] - Kate Nash
                                      [21 POINTS] - Dolly Rockers
                                      [20 POINTS] - Lovers Electric
                                      [19 POINTS] - Siobhan Donaghy
                                      [18 POINTS] - Stefy
                                      [17 POINTS] - Nicola Roberts
                                      [16 POINTS] - Uh Huh Her
                                      [15 POINTS] - Yelle
                                      [14 POINTS] - Guillemots
                                      [13 POINTS] - Lights
                                      [12 POINTS] - Selah Sue
                                      [11 POINTS] - Sky Ferreira
                                      [10 POINTS] - Allie X
                                      [09 POINTS] - Niki & The Dove
                                      [08 POINTS] - Sleaford Mods
                                      [07 POINTS] - Lindsay Lohan at the love for her underrated music!
                                      [06 POINTS] - Black Honey
                                      [05 POINTS] - Bright Light Bright Light
                                      [01 POINTS] - Hurts
                                      Last edited by Blondini; Thu June 24, 2021, 00:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

She just took too long with the second album - it dropped almost three years after her first, and for a pop act that can be utter death. Instead of re-releasing Overcome, Start Without You should have been the lead from a second album before she headed out on tour. So yes, mismanaged completely.
                                        Well I do agree with that but her second album was also that atrocious EDM project with that woeful Elephant lead single and rightfully flopped.
                                        The direction she took musically was just not at all right for her.
                                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• That's three quarters of my picks gone already.....

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

It wasn't her fault though. She had a whole R&B project with big producers and a guest feature on Pitbull's album that for some reason got scrapped. They even scrapped the U.S.-based SWU video.

Then they moved her to RCA and it went downhill from there. I think they pushed her into the Dance path too, although they gave her relatively generic beats.
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

It wasn't her fault though. She had a whole R&B project with big producers and a guest feature on Pitbull's album that for some reason got scrapped. They even scrapped the U.S.-based SWU video.

Then they moved her to RCA and it went downhill from there. I think they pushed her into the Dance path too, although they gave her relatively generic beats.
                                              I know, why is why I said she was mismanaged.

Comment

Friendly Fires I had at #28, nice to see more voters for them. Great era about ten years ago and then again about 2018/19, also absolutely brilliant live.
                                                that was me

My ENTIRE list is now gone, except for Amy Winehouse

I am really suprised to be the only Bring Me The Horizon voter
                                                Last edited by heppolo; Mon June 7, 2021, 16:46.
                                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Picking up where I left off yesterday...

Disclosure got all of their points from me, I put them in 13th - their debut album was wall to wall anthems and although they've gone off the boil a bit commercially they did come back in 2020 with some really great stuff too, plus their remixes in the earlier days were so good.

Atomic Kitten debuted in 1999 so that's why they weren't in my votes!

Someone else voted Shapeshifters! SholasBoy was that you? I put them at #15 mostly to do with Lola's Theme and the banging disco tracks they've put out over the last 3 years.

Love that Mis-Teeq made top 200 I gave them one point. Scandalous alone deserves it.

Mark Ronson is a genius tbh, his Version album was amazing and stuff he's done before and since is also great - the track with Boy George on his 2010 album for example. My #22.

I didn't vote for Clean Bandit because they started off really promising but then massively sold out, although they've had some great tracks in more recent years, most notably Symphony.

Little Boots snuck into my top 20 because her debut is AMAZING and ever since she has released some really solid pop music across the years, such as Headphones, Every Night I Say A Prayer and Staring At The Sun.

JSparksFan, I noticed Roisin again! May need re-counting? I also spotted Emeli Sande twice... it's the accents on letters

Comment

• So many big names already fallen! I’m def surprised about Carly Rae Jepsen who seems like a big fave around here.

My #2 Regina Spektor also gone, and some others too.
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                    X