This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKMIX Design Competition - CLOSED!

As part of the year’s 20th anniversary celebrations, we are launching a competition for one of our talented members to design a new-look UKMIX! If you’re an art and graphics whizz and would like to enter, read on below...
    • The design can be either a forum banner or logo - however, the image needs to be able to cope with the fact that the software has a responsive style (so it must fit the screen it is accessed on).
    • If a banner, the image needs be either 1000px wide or 1200px wide.
    • For both banner or logo, the image should not have too much height (what we have at the moment on our "UKMIX Orange Purple" style is a good measuring stick).
    • There are no restrictions on colour but something too bright or too dark is discouraged.
    • The winner agrees to UKMIX owing the image (this will be picked up with Wayne after the decision).
    • It would be nice to tie the design in with the 20th anniversary theme but this isn’t a must.
    • The winner gets opportunity to input on the whole style if they wish - that's the colours of everything on the site.
    • Ultimately this is a community competition, but Wayne will generously pay $50 to the winning entrant that is used in the final revamp, plus they will get 1 year's premium membership for free!
    • If there are multiple entrants, the community will have a say in deciding what our new image is.
    If you have any questions feel free to post them in this thread or PM myself. If you know anybody who may be a good fit for this, tag them!

Any entries should be received by PM to myself, by end of July.

Good luck!

Whoever designed that banner on the homepage should be automatically disqualified
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Era abi Both of you slay with your designs, maybe this is something for you guys

Comment

Nominating abi for this!
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

franklex does some amazing designs as well

Comment

Thriller could it be animated btw?

I guess I will have a time to participate here
            Thnx cheapthrills

Comment

In terms of a design I would like to see, something that keeps the signature orange? And maybe playing up the vinyl feature in the background too.

I think given that vinyl are making a comeback, modernising it in a sleek design may work well.

Comment

Would like to keep some orange too! But we should really modernise it, maybe we could have a banner that includes all the things that makes us UKMIX - Eurovision, Mariah (divas), charts, telly, survivors…

Wayne the animated question is one for you I guess.

Comment

No to animated banners - static only please.

Comment

Damn, I was imagining some strobe lighting like I was attending a club

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be ok with something that didn't involve orange

Comment

I'd also be good with losing the orange.

I'll keep the old forum style as selectable for those that wish to keep old UKMIX.

Comment

Maybe it doesnt have to be completely orange but orange could be the secondary colour?

Comment

Up to the designer I guess! The things I’d like to see are:

- Keep it relevant to UKMIX (be that colours, or imagery associated with what UKMIX is known for - like Mike’s thoughts).

- Make it modern - for me, less is more but also conscious that won’t be to everyone’s liking.

- I don’t know whether it’s possible but tie it in with our age and longevity (e.g. to celebrate their longevity, some sites would have “est. 1999” on there).

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                            I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be ok with something that didn't involve orange
                            Ditto. Blue would be a perfect colour.
                            Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [11 weeks] + Drake invasion

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Dedicated should Be included

Comment

** UPDATE **

We’ve had some great entries in so far, which we will share with the community when the contest reaches that stage! Thanks so much to those who have already submitted entries!

Can we get anymore - any other willing participants? Some notable absences (yes I’m looking at you abi ). A shame the likes of Bhaggers Era and xtofer aren’t regulars anymore as they also had artistic flares.

I propose we keep this open until the end of July - we’ll then pick our winner in August!

Comment

Thanks for the mentions everyone! I'll think about it and see if I could submit. Not really a pro in logo design but I'll give it a try - still have around 2 weeks left, right? I'm a very last-minute kinda guy so thanks for your understanding.

Comment

I ve already sent my logo and banner but if we have two more weeks maybe I could make 2nd option tho

Comment

We are into the last week of the competition, please get your entries in the next few days!

Comment

We are into the last 3 days - any last minute entries?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                          We are into the last 3 days - any last minute entries?
                                          Me! Knowing me I'm probably submitting this on the 31st 11:59 PM sooo...

Comment

Also Wayne do we have some kind of tagline for UKMIX?

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                              Also Wayne do we have some kind of tagline for UKMIX?
                                              We don’t at the moment, some of the entrants so far have made their own up - but I do like the idea of having a tag line, so if you wanted to include one in your entry, that would be fine.

Comment

i just saw the competition and made something real quick for fun
                                                Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                                Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilPray View Post
                                                  i just saw the competition and made something real quick for fun
                                                  Thanks for submitting your entry!

We are into the final day of the competition - in the immortal words of Elvis Presley…it’s now or never!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X